PDA

View Full Version : Rnge Report

jerrold
09-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I shoot the Holy Black and Brass by myself so thought i would share some results from the range with the group.(The range is out side the shooting shack which is 25 ft. behind the cabin. Eat your heart out):-D :-D :-D
Pedersoli 1874 Sharps long barrel in 45-2.4. MVA sharps sights front and rear.
Lyman postel 25/1 lead tin. Spent some time with learning to cast and came up with about 125 that deserved shooting. Still have a lot of learning on the casting:castmine:
Shooting 3in. 5 shot groups at 100 yds. using Dick Trenk methods loading.:coffee: Have the PTG bulett in a Paul Jones mold that I am biting at the bit to try.:coffee:

Jon K
09-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Well we should all be so lucky to be able to walk out the back door to shoot. I'm jealous.

You're off to a good start, but wait till you use the Paul Jones mould.......you'll love it.
I have 3 of them and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.[smilie=s:

Have Fun Shooting,

Jon

:lovebooli

montana_charlie
09-02-2007, 07:42 PM
As your bullet quality improves, you should be able to easily halve that 3 inch group. With the PGT bullet, you might even cut it to a third...and the Jones mould should make an expert caster out of you.

Are you dipping, or bottom feeding?
CM

jerrold
09-02-2007, 08:21 PM
As your bullet quality improves, you should be able to easily halve that 3 inch group. With the PGT bullet, you might even cut it to a third...and the Jones mould should make an expert caster out of you.

Are you dipping, or bottom feeding?
CM

I'm a straight up dipper man. Bottom feeder, don't have one and wouldn't use it if i did. 45cal. rifle is all I cast for
:castmine:

montana_charlie
09-02-2007, 08:57 PM
45cal. rifle is all I cast for
Me, too. And, if they outlawed dipping, I'd have to quit shooting.

I have a bottom pour pot, and have tried the spout on each new mould, but never with good results.
But the spout is very handy for draining the pot to change alloy.
CM