PDA

View Full Version : Remington Lee

moocow9
04-17-2013, 12:54 AM
Okay, I need help. Hoping at least one of you expert gun folks can help me find a magazine for a 1899 Remington Lee rifle in 30-40 Krag and a cleaning rod. This was a Michigan Natl Guard gun and someone ( i hope) knows the where-abouts of some parts for this uncommon ole bird. I would consider a parts gun as well(as long as the mag is there). I know that i'm not the only one that likes a challenge when it comes to finding guns/parts.....so, please....any info/links/peeps/whatever..shoot them(get it..shoot-ha) my way. Thanks to all!

Multigunner
04-17-2013, 02:09 PM
A member of another board mentioned buying a bandoleer with six Remington Lee magazines still in it years ago. IIRC it was Michigan State Guard marked.

I'll see if I can contact that guy for you, but its not likely after so much time has passed.

This may come in handy if the link still works.

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/RemingtonLee/Remington%20Lee%20Magazine%20Rifle%20manual%20(Eng lish).PDF
Right click and save to documents then open as a PDF

PS
Caution if you find a commercial sporter magazine since some are modified for shorter cartridges like the .32 Special.

Mk42gunner
04-18-2013, 11:22 PM
A few years ago GPC still had some Remington-Lee mags; I do not know if they still do or not, I haven't been on their sebsite in quite a while.

Robert

moocow9
04-19-2013, 12:19 AM
GPC--is that gun parts corp or something else. thanks to all who have looked/responded to this cry for help

herbert buckland
04-19-2013, 05:41 AM
S&S may also be worth a call

missionary5155
04-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Goodmorning
Multigunner The link still works ! Have one in 45/70 I was shooting last tiem up. Now at the Danville War Museum (ILL) on display.
Mike in Peru

Mk42gunner
04-19-2013, 01:57 PM
GPC--is that gun parts corp or something else. thanks to all who have looked/responded to this cry for help

Yes Gun Parts Corp, sorry for the abbreviation.

Robert

moocow9
04-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Have tried gpc-no luck for the parts i need. bought a cleaning rod from s&s-only they didn't bother to list what it fits. they sell a repro for the 45-70 earlier model. they claim it is 'generally' known that the rod fits only one model, and were very rude about how it was my mistake-"nobody sells parts for any other model and nobody refunds s/h" (lost 20 bucks for s/h) even though it was their fault for failing to describe. they may have some good parts and such, but the cust. service sucks. will never deal w/ them again.