PDA

View Full Version : KIK or Olde Eynsford

M-Tecs
04-16-2013, 02:18 PM
I am getting ready to place my normal 25 pound spring order for BP. I have been very happy with the KIK 3910 lot but I am interested in Olde Eynsford.

It will be used in 45/70 and 45/100 out to 1,000 yards. For the people that have used Olde Eynsford what would you recommend. KIK or Olde Eynsford?

Don McDowell
04-16-2013, 05:05 PM
I don't know yet If I would recommend Olde Eynsford, but I would suggest when you call Jerry to get your KIK have him slip a couple 3 lbs of Old E in place of some of the KIK in the case and do your own testing. Then if you think you might get by better with the Old E you can always order more, but you will still have enough KIK on hand to get you thru the season.
I have gotten some really good results with the Olde E , some blistering velocity, but I need to reshoot those loads to confirm the accuracy. The weather and such just have not cooperated with me.
It is very clean shooting,(so clean I was able to hold gong shoot accuracy at 650 with patched loads with nothing more than blowtubing) and clean up is a snap, even after a long string.
So in the end it's best you get some of the Olde Eynsford and do your own evaluation, because just like any other powder some folks can really like something that others absolutely detest.