PDA

View Full Version : The amazing BABore

44man
09-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Bruce was kind enough to send me a bunch of different boolits to test. They were packing in foam containers. I have never seen such perfect boolits. He makes the most beautiful and perfect molds too. I now have to wonder how I ever get accuracy with the stuff I make on my junk machine.
When he says something, listen, because he REALLY knows what he is doing.
I am proud to know him and wish we didn't live so far apart.

BruceB
09-01-2007, 09:36 AM
44man's comments, DO accurately show the sort of folks who populate our Board, and it's always a great pleasure to hear of members helping each other along the paths we follow.

45nut
09-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Heckuva guy there :coffeecom:

Dr. A
09-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Certainly a generous fellow. Gave me a hardness tester he made himself. I offered a few start up principals, and he never forgot it. Went WAAAY beyond my skill level.

gray wolf
09-02-2007, 07:04 PM
I love to here things like this. People helping each other and sharing things.
Keep it up guy's.

44man
09-03-2007, 08:27 AM
OK, looks like the handle was changed---thank you, thank you! I am sorry if I get lost once in a while, just too old to remember. All my life when I was introduced to someone, I would forget their name as I was shaking hands. Do you know what it's like to meet them on the street and you can't remember their name? I am the same with a phone number that seems to find it's way to the dead brain cell area. I can remember every single arrow shot and gunshot on an animal of every kind that I hunted and every step in the woods and fields, but don't ask me for a name of someone I worked with for years. I can see the face but it has no tag!
I have never been anywhere that had such a great bunch of guys as here!
And BruceB, I still say you are amazing too! So my comment was not entirely lost.

Bass Ackward
09-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Drugs'll do that to ya.

Quit poppin the Viarga and blood flow should return to normal. :grin:

And BABs is a good guy in my book too.

357maximum
09-04-2007, 06:21 AM
I am proud to know him .

Me also, and we only live 50 minutes apart, we have met in person, ...... he is a damn nice fella, and an artist to boot. He knows his shhhh..stuff. He has made me a better caster in many many ways.:drinks: His knowledge is from actually DOING IT, and can be relied upon without question, if he is speaking the knowledge it is because he possesses the knowledge.

If the Post Office ever somehow destroys one of his foam filled shipments I bet they used a machete/jackhammer/T-N-T to do it.

Seeking out the right individual and asking the right question(s) is the second best way to learn something, and them "right individuals" tend to gather here. It is an underlying theme to this whole place, and is thee reason I like it here.

Where is that buttkiss smile anyway?[smilie=1:

BABore
09-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Geeze guys, I hope my wife never reads this stuff. Almost made me blush. Thanx!

I haven't been into dribbling lead for very long. Most everything I've learned, has been learned on this forum. Everyone has been helpful on all fronts. I've always been a quick study when the subject has my interest. Keeping an open mind, and the willingness to try things goes a long ways. Never can you marry yourself to one technique or thought process.

One member here in particular has kind of been my mentor. That would be 45 2.1. He's taught me alot about bullet design, alloy's, proper bullet fit, and how to make them all go into tiny little groups. I've never followed his advice blindly, but tried it out for myself. Rarely was there a simple recipe for sucess, but rather hints and general directions so I could discover it myself. The lessons stick that way and you know how you got there. I've simply applied what I've learned from Bob, and passed it along for the most part. Bob can be a cranky old fart at time's, but you get used to that. He's from the old school where he expects you to listen with your ears and think with your brain.

44Man,

pretty is nice, tell me how they shoot.:-D

45 2.1
09-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Don't believe everything that is in print.....!!!!!

BABore
09-04-2007, 02:40 PM
I forgot to mention, Bob's pretty humble too.

45 2.1
09-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Your having wwaaayyyyyyyyy too much fun.:shock: :groner:

44man
09-04-2007, 04:35 PM
I have to agree that 45 2.1 is also a great guy. He designed a BPCR boolit for me that shoots great so far even with my screwy cherry making. I still have much work to do with it but time constraints have kept me from making a single shoot this year. I still have loads in the box I haven't had time to shoot. I hate to disappoint him with my slowness and hope he forgives me.
Then there is Glen with his boolit lubes, I can't forget him either. Thank you, all! :drinks: