PDA

View Full Version : ATI or Ram Line sporter stock for #4 Enfield

Hardcast416taylor
04-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Went on the phone with Natchez order line to buy either brand stock to put on a beater #4 Mk1 Lee Enfield. "Nope", I was told "got no idea when we`ll have any either". I hung up and dialed MidSouth with the same request. "Sorry Sir we have been back ordered on these stocks since March 1". Neither company had any idea of when they MIGHT get a shipment in. I thought the shortages were on ammo and componets, not plastic stocks?Robert

Andrew Mason
04-16-2013, 10:43 PM
i have one of the plastic stocks on my enfiled.

it had a sporterized wood stock on it when i did the swap

to my suprise the gun gained weight with the ATI plastic,
so when i get around do it again, the plastic will be coming off and the wood going back on

Hardcast416taylor
04-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Good info to know, thanks.Robert

KCSO
04-18-2013, 09:48 AM
IMHO you will be happier with the Boyd's wood stock as the Ram Line is both heavy and somewhat clunky. If I remember right you might try Midway for one of the Ramlines.

Hardcast416taylor
04-18-2013, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=KCSO;2175994]IMHO you will be happier with the Boyd's wood stock as the Ram Line is both heavy a

Your suggestion about Boyd`s is the route I have decided to pursue. To me the name Midway is almost like swearing at me, can you tell I`m not a satisfied customer? Robert

Andrew Mason
04-18-2013, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=KCSO;2175994]IMHO you will be happier with the Boyd's wood stock as the Ram Line is both heavy a

Your suggestion about Boyd`s is the route I have decided to pursue. To me the name Midway is almost like swearing at me, can you tell I`m not a satisfied customer? Robert

im not trying to say that midway is the best thing since sliced bread... but what do you not like about them?

Hardcast416taylor
04-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Without getting my BP elevated this late at night, I will just say this. There have been a lot of "little" things that Mr. Potterfield and company have done that cost me more money than necessary over the years. However, if I were to put my finger on only 1 thing it would have to be the excessive amount of shipping that is charged and the use of the "1 size shipping box" for 1 item or 10 items.Robert