PDA

View Full Version : Not real impressive...

armoredman
09-01-2007, 12:37 AM
But, living in a construction zone here, I have started to aquire some scrap wood here and there, and have been making these...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/PICT0047.jpg

...out of the wood these guys throw away. Our free public range has no target stands, this costs me a half an hour of labor per stand, and the gas to drive them down there to shoot. I intend to build about 10 of these, (two done), and leave 8 down there for everyone, nailed upright, and leave two dismountable for me and the wife to move in the van, in case my labor disappears in an illegal's campfire.
I hope they last, it is a clean free range. My way of trying to give back some very small part to this nice town I adopted.

Dale53
09-01-2007, 12:42 AM
armoredman;
Good job and nice gesture. We need more people that think like you do.

Dale53

Topper
09-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Looks good enough to me.
Nice back stop :)

armoredman
09-01-2007, 01:08 PM
That's my back yard...not the range! :D

C A Plater
09-01-2007, 04:11 PM
That's my back yard...not the range! :D
Fine looking lawn you got there though it looks to be hell on the mower. ;)

NSP64
09-01-2007, 04:21 PM
What kind of grass is that? I might try to plant some here! The 16 yo thinks it is a good idea:drinks: keep up the good work!!!

RU shooter
09-01-2007, 06:57 PM
That's my back yard...not the range! :DI've been telling the wife thats the perfect "lawn" I can just get rid of the mower and lawn tractor altogether! Honestly I'm envious I hate grass cutting bagging ect ect!!!!!

No_1
09-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I'll bet it is hard to keep lit...

armoredman
09-01-2007, 08:21 PM
I can keep lit, no problem, Miluakees' Best Light is pretty cheap...:)
I love this landscaping, came with the house, front and back. A gallon of Roundup takes care of any weeds that pop up, and the auto watering system takes care of the ones I want to keep. There is only ONE teeny fly in the ointment...the rock is the exact color of dried dog poop...so I have to catch my dog right when he goes, or hunt for it later. Gah.

Explain to the wives that the lawn, especially when watered a lot, becomes a mosquito breeding ground. I hate mosquitos with a passion...they're just like little lawyers!

nelsonted1
09-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Dad tells women that grass in their lawn should head out once every summer to keep up a healthy lawn. He has his story down pat. They look at him dumbfounded asking him where they can read up on it. He tells them it's common knowledge that every farmer knows. He's even learned not to laugh when he's explaining the danger to their lawn and the soils health in mowing too early.

armoredman
09-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Nice!
CA Plater, your dog? Nice puppy.

armoredman
09-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Made a Mk1 Md3 version, 1x2 and 2x4, lightweight, easy to use. Offered for sale on the High Road for $15, (I have to buy the wood, now), but if any CastBoolit member is cruising through Central AZ, give me a few days notice if you would like one of my cheesy shoot em up specials to pick up. Cardboard included, with one spare sheet - a sliced in half box. I am going to make a few of these a month, and drop the extras down at the range, and see how long they last.
The scrap is building up, and soon I will have enough for a few heavy duty benches!

armoredman
09-14-2007, 04:22 PM
First frame emplaced today, in use before I left.

Buckshot
09-14-2007, 05:05 PM
.............The range in Tucson, AZ has very similar target stands. When signing in you're informed that you are charged $1 per bullet hole in the wood :-)

.............Buckshot

armoredman
09-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Yep, I've seen that, and charged people when I worked at Three Points, the Tucson Rifle Club. This was free. Probably gone by now. Another one will go in next week.

44man
09-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Now thats strange!!!! :???: I wanted to see your range---er yard but all I get is a box with that stupid X in it.