PDA

View Full Version : The Hodgdon powder is in, my peeps.

Bwana
04-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Went and picked up my needs. Here it is:

http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/browse.cfm/2,3634.html

texassako
04-15-2013, 09:47 PM
They have a lot more than that, 2200+ 1 pounders of Unique.

uscra112
04-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Every thing Hodgdon that I checked on the web site says Out of Stock.

But they do have a lot of Alliant. Bought some.

Appreciate the "heads-up". None of my LGS have anything at all.

eljefe
04-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up...got some 231 and some
others I have been wanting to try.

cbrick
04-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Thanks for posting, I was getting low on H-110 and I picked up 5 pounds. Now to see if it takes them as long to ship in stock items as it did Powder valley which was 6 1/2 weeks.

Rick

cbrick
04-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Interesting, they must have gotten more in stock today. This morning they said they had 138 one pound cans of H-110 in stock, I ordered 5 @ $18.99 ea and tonight they say they have 139 in stock but no 8 pounders. They did charge my card today, took Powder Valley 6 weeks to do that.

Anybody looking for H-110 should get it while the getting is good. Hazmat is $27.50 and since I'm not in OK there is no sales tax.

Rick

GT1
04-17-2013, 02:36 AM
These guys are fast, they ship within a couple days of the ordering, in my recent experience.
I bought a jug of Unique yesterday, we'll see. :)

376Steyr
04-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Last month, at the height of the panic, I got incredibly fast service on a primer order. It was only 1 week from placing my order online to having my package arrive.

Bwana
04-17-2013, 02:54 PM
I am glad you are getting good service. This is a family run business and are very good people.

justing
04-17-2013, 02:59 PM
good looking out still no powder here in orlando

Love Life
04-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Good to see some stuff in stock. Sure would like some Red Dot though.

I bought a mess load of BLC-2 back in January and at the height of the craziness they got it to me in about 2 weeks.

I'll sit this one out and wait for some red dot in stock.

jonp
04-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Good to see some stuff in stock. Sure would like some Red Dot though.

I bought a mess load of BLC-2 back in January and at the height of the craziness they got it to me in about 2 weeks.

I'll sit this one out and wait for some red dot in stock.
Get the Promo. Equal weight sub for Red Dot and cheaper. I bought 8lbs and can't see the difference

GabbyM
04-20-2013, 11:48 AM
I see they had plenty of 224-53gr HPM Sierra. No primers however.

wrench man
04-20-2013, 04:42 PM
From what I didn't see there today my bench is better stocked than their warehouse?

ku4hx
04-20-2013, 04:49 PM
If you like Ramshot True Blue, Powder valley seems to have a bunch in 1# canisters. Wife made me order 5# ... should have ordered more.

Bwana
04-20-2013, 06:07 PM
From what I didn't see there today my bench is better stocked than their warehouse?

You are just late to the party. Now if you need some Longshot: http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/browse.cfm/2,3657.html

wrench man
04-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Yea, if a guy was to purchase a QUANTITY of powder it would offset the hazmat and handling fee, but you'd have to NEED!?? a pound or two or three with all the bs shipping charges (for ANY flavor), and I have three #'s of Long Shot in the cabinet that I haven't used yet anyway?, figured I'd burn it in the 20ga and 45 ACP.
And they're out of brass and bullets too!

uscra112
04-20-2013, 09:37 PM
I dunno about quick - They promise one day turnaround on the web site, but I ordered on the 15th and got an acknowledgement, but since then it's been total silence. Not to complain, mind you - - - P.V. took a month on my last order.

GT1
04-23-2013, 11:49 AM
I just checked the 'track order' link on their site, my jug of Unique shows scanned and departed at the first ups jump and supposed to be here by tomorrow. I ordered it 7 days ago(5 business days).

They do have a new link up saying they are now swamped with haz-mat orders and it might be weeks.

cbrick
04-23-2013, 04:44 PM
I also just checked their tracking info, I ordered H-110 on the same day GT1 ordered Unique and they said they shipped today (4-23-13). Far faster than Powder Valley which took over 6 weeks to ship in stock powder.

I saw the note about being weeks just this morning and kinda gave up hope till I saw GT1's post and checked again, glad I did.

Rick

texassako
04-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Some people get all the luck, mine is just sitting there in my previous order list and no action yet.

Update: Pretty sorry customer service when they can't get around to telling me that I fat fingered some info and just sell my order to the next customer. "We only hold it a couple of days", but if you never tell me there is a problem I can't fix it.

eljefe
04-24-2013, 09:51 AM
I got an email from them yesterday...no 231 or power pistol.
This was after they charged my card on 4/18. The email said
that they were going to ship the remaining 3 lbs I had ordered
on 4/15.

I called them, and made some adjustments, buying more of
what they had in stock. They then charged my card again.
My email to them about the second charge, which was less
than the first charge was replied to with an explanation that
they processed a credit for the first charge, and that I would
likely see the credit in "several days".

What I am wondering is why they didn't just use the
money they already had and issue a credit for the difference.
Also, why did they charge the card without having the product
available to ship? The supervisor I spoke with indicated
that they do not generally charge until they are ready to ship.

I only proceeded with this order because of the lack of
available product. Their only explanation for the lack
of my powder was that they were "slammed with orders".
They sat on my order for a week, no wonder they ran out.

Bwana
04-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Some people get all the luck, mine is just sitting there in my previous order list and no action yet.

Update: Pretty sorry customer service when they can't get around to telling me that I fat fingered some info and just sell my order to the next customer. "We only hold it a couple of days", but if you never tell me there is a problem I can't fix it.

That is but one reason that I always talk to a person when ordering something even if you can do it over the computer.

zomby woof
04-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Just ordered some H110, Thanks for the heads up!!

jonp
04-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Just ordered some H110, Thanks for the heads up!!

how can you order something that is out of stock?

zomby woof
04-24-2013, 08:17 PM
how can you order something that is out of stock?

Because I got the last ones!!!!!

04-24-2013, 11:10 PM
What you initially order and get charged for, and what they finally box up and ship up are two different animals.

I sincerely hope that you get exactly what you ordered, because I and many others didn't.

warboar_21
04-25-2013, 07:09 AM
Thank you much. Was able to at least pick up some Unique and blue dot. Wish I could have picked up some RE7 and some H335. I should be good on Unique for awhile now at least.

Bwana
04-25-2013, 08:42 AM
What you initially order and get charged for, and what they finally box up and ship up are two different animals.

I sincerely hope that you get exactly what you ordered, because I and many others didn't.

Really? Or are you just greatly exaggerating so that you'll feel better about a real or imagined slight? Why don't you just tell us what YOUR story is.
Did you order online and they had the item(s) in stock and then when they got to your order they were out because others had ordered before you. Or maybe someone , like me, walked in and bought on site. When I called about getting some Titegroup I had just a minute before looked on line and they had 15 one pound cans. When on the phone one minute later there were only five. I told him to hold those for me (they know who I am as I have been buying there for over two decades). When I got there twenty minutes later I got those five cans and decided to also buy five cans of HP-38. Those were ten cans that went to a cash in hand customer. That's the way it is. When I order over the phone I get a comfirmation of my order from a person and don't think I have ever been shorted in anything I have ordered that way. That's why I do it and I suggest you do it that way too. You don't have to of course, what you do is up to you.

texassako
04-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Really? Or are you just greatly exaggerating so that you'll feel better about a real or imagined slight? Why don't you just tell us what YOUR story is.
Did you order online and they had the item(s) in stock and then when they got to your order they were out because others had ordered before you. Or maybe someone , like me, walked in and bought on site. When I called about getting some Titegroup I had just a minute before looked on line and they had 15 one pound cans. When on the phone one minute later there were only five. I told him to hold those for me (they know who I am as I have been buying there for over two decades). When I got there twenty minutes later I got those five cans and decided to also buy five cans of HP-38. Those were ten cans that went to a cash in hand customer. That's the way it is. When I order over the phone I get a comfirmation of my order from a person and don't think I have ever been shorted in anything I have ordered that way. That's why I do it and I suggest you do it that way too. You don't have to of course, what you do is up to you.

Maybe you should read up on the other thread a bit, 462 and others already stated their issues: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?196906-Beware-third-generation-shooters-supply!

cbrick
04-25-2013, 09:35 AM
No kiddin . . .

According to Bwana if I go online and order something they say they have in stock, get a confirmation email AND HAVE MY CARD CHARGED THE FULL AMOUNT plus HAZMAT & shipping charges and Bwana walks in the door they should sell him my powder . . . Which I have already paid for. And as for me? Well, just the way it is I guess, I'll get my money back, eventually. Maybe?

Looks my order went through with no problems, according to UPS I should have it tomorrow and I'll know for sure. I can sure see where/why 462 & others are quite upset though.

Rick

04-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Bwana,
I have told my story (as have others) and added to it, just a bit ago. Please read the thread that Texassko's post has linked to.

Your post clearly shows what is wrong with Third Generation business policies. I placed an on-line, it was confirmed and assigned an order number to track. A few days later, my credit card was charged for the full amount of the order, including shipping and Haz-Mat fees, however my order has not shipped. A week later, I got an e-mail stating that only a partial order will be shipped, because they sold out of one of the powders. Now, I have to wait for a credit.

A Mr. Bailey, who says that he represents the company, chimed in on the other thread, but his attitude only made the situation worse.

danm0
04-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Anyone know where to get some Lil'Gun Powder?

Bwana
04-25-2013, 01:11 PM
No kiddin . . .

According to Bwana if I go online and order something they say they have in stock, get a confirmation email AND HAVE MY CARD CHARGED THE FULL AMOUNT plus HAZMAT & shipping charges and Bwana walks in the door they should sell him my powder . . . Which I have already paid for. And as for me? Well, just the way it is I guess, I'll get my money back, eventually. Maybe?

Looks my order went through with no problems, according to UPS I should have it tomorrow and I'll know for sure. I can sure see where/why 462 & others are quite upset though.

Rick

You are correct that an order, whether online, phone, or walkin, should be pulled and set aside when paid for. That obviously wasn't done and these unfilled orders were the result. Hopefully they will rectify this.
I will do my part to spare anyone else here any future mixups by, in the future, not posting when they receive supplies. It's the least I can do.

Bwana
04-25-2013, 02:57 PM
I called and talked to the people there and I thought I would let you know a couple of things.

They regret any inconvience that was caused, as has already been expressed in the other thread. The one thing I found interesting is that in one day they had orders totaling 7000 lbs. They apparently are restricted to sending 700 lb each day on the UPS truck that picks up the orders going out. That means ten days worth of shipping. That will cause a backup. Just something to keep in mind.