PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Red hawk grip

JMtoolman
04-14-2013, 10:52 PM
I have a Ruger Red hawk with the rubber pachmyer grip on it and it is too big for my hands. Anyone have one of the Ruger wooden paneled grips for the gun they would sell? Many thanks, the toolman.

Salmoneye
04-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Lett's grips can be had on eBay, and some distributors still have them in stock...

Midway still lists them, but says they are out of stock till 4/24...

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?newcategorydimensionid=1387

ADDING:

SORRY!

I mistook your post to be searching for the Super-Redhawk/GP-100 one piece rubber grip...

Grip panels for the Redhawk are available almost anywhere...

revolvergeek
04-15-2013, 11:12 AM
You might check eBay for some older Uncle Mikes grips for your Redhawk. They are the slimest rubber grips that I know of that still cover the backstrap. I just picked up a set a couple weeks back and really like them.

GARCIA
04-16-2013, 05:30 AM
I have a Ruger Red hawk with the rubber pachmyer grip on it and it is too big for my hands. Anyone have one of the Ruger wooden paneled grips for the gun they would sell? Many thanks, the toolman.

I had the opposite problem with my hands being to big for the grips.
Went to Herrett's and had some custom "Roper" style stocks made up.
Makes a world of difference in shooting when the stocks fit your hand correctly.
You might want to look at their site and see if their is something that suits you.

Tom

9.3X62AL
04-16-2013, 09:51 PM
What Revo Geek said. Uncle Mike's neoprenes are the best fit for my hands that I've found to date for this Ruger Battleship Anchor of mine.

winelover
04-17-2013, 08:12 AM
What Revo Geek said. Uncle Mike's neoprenes are the best fit for my hands that I've found to date for this Ruger Battleship Anchor of mine.

That's what I finally settled on for my RH. Hated those standard wood grips. Tried Pac's and Hogue's, but weren't my cup of tea.

Winelover

9.3X62AL
04-17-2013, 03:28 PM
I have a number of both Hogue and Pachmayr neoprene grips throughout my handgun assortment, and they fit and feel great on Colts--S&Ws--and other Rugers. On the Redhawk, not so much. Go figure.

Area Man
04-17-2013, 10:50 PM
HAH! Found mine. They're now yours. PM me your address and I'll send them along.