PDA

View Full Version : Gun auction tressures!!

southpaw
04-13-2013, 10:43 PM
I went to a gun auction today and "won" a couple of guns. First is a win 94 big bore 375 win. Came with a burris 1.5- 5x scope. Second was a pedersolli muzzle loading 12 ga that looks to be unfired. Third is a old us arms side by side 12ga hammer gun. Last was a pre-ban colt ar-15. I am not really up to par on my ar history but I know the guy that had it up for sale and he said that it was pre clinton. Not really sure how this affects the price but I placed one bid and won.

The prices were unpredictable. Some guns went for way more than they are worth while others went for half price. There was a Beretta 391 urika that only brought 5 bills. It was in pretty good used shape.

Before I tell what I paid for them lets see what the audience says they are worth. :veryconfu That way I will know if I overpaid before I look the fool [smilie=s:

Almost forgot. They sold some older cci 22 shells. They were in 100 round packs. They sold them by the pack times however many there was. There was an internet bid for 37.5 per pack!!! Also they had to pay a 18% fee for using the internet. Makes that 100 bucks a brick deal look good.

Well lets see how I did!

Jerry Jr.

runfiverun
04-13-2013, 11:41 PM
well I paid 700.00 for my 375 win-94 but it is a 98% gun without a box.
dunno on the shotgun.
I gave 750 for my colt sp-101, but seen a rock river flat top for 1200.00 at a shop today, and got a stag 6H a couple of months ago in a swap.
I think the asking store price was 900 sumthin.

waksupi
04-14-2013, 01:43 AM
This topic is worthless without pictures! Rule #16~! :coffee:

WILCO
04-14-2013, 07:48 AM
This topic is worthless without pictures! Rule #16~! :coffee:

Yep. Would like some pictures.

x101airborne
04-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Um.... I am fuzzy on some of my ATF regs, but IIRC, in 1986, Clinton passed the gun bill requiring full autos to be licensed and registered with the Fed. Check it carefully that it is not a full auto weapon. Separate the upper from the lower and do a function check on the trigger and sear group. Also, "Pre Clinton" could refer to the "rule of 5". 5 military style items on a weapon make it an "assault weapon". Flash hider, bayonette lug, short barrel, high cap mag, collapsible stock, I cant remember the rest.

Adam10mm
04-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Um.... I am fuzzy on some of my ATF regs, but IIRC, in 1986, Clinton passed the gun bill requiring full autos to be licensed and registered with the Fed.
No, that was the NFA of 1934. In 1986, under the Reagan administration, the FOPA included legislation banning the future transfer of new manufactured machine guns to citizens. This means you can't buy a new production machine gun legally, you are only limited to those domestically manufactured and registered prior to 1986 or those imported before 1968 (when the GCA of 68 banned the future transfer of those imported to civilians).

Check it carefully that it is not a full auto weapon. Separate the upper from the lower and do a function check on the trigger and sear group. Also, "Pre Clinton" could refer to the "rule of 5". 5 military style items on a weapon make it an "assault weapon". Flash hider, bayonette lug, short barrel, high cap mag, collapsible stock, I cant remember the rest.
The military style rule is from Bush Sr's 1989 assault weapon ban.

Should be very easy to spot a full auto AR weapon. If there is a third hole above the selector switch, that means it's been drilled out for the auto sear pin and that hole alone, even with 100% semi auto parts, is considered a machine gun. It's also easy as all get out to spot an auto sear installed.

Crappy pics, but my camera batteries just died and I don't have any more AAs. Right pic shows sear pin and sear pin hole above the selector. Left pic shows auto sear installed into receiver. To note: this is a legally manufactured and registered fully auto machine gun that my company owns.

TXGunNut
04-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Yup, need pics. Actually the only one I can help with is the Big Bore as I also have a 98% gun and runfiverun paid a fair price for his, might even take that for mine someday. Prices are all over the place on AR's, surprised you were the only bidder.

southpaw
04-14-2013, 10:48 AM

My bad I knew better than to post with out pics. The ar is not full auto. The guy that sold it has his class 3 license. If it was he could have gotten wwwaaaaayyy more for it. I wasn't the only bidder on any of the guns, just the last one.

Lets see if I got the pics up.

Jerry Jr.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-14-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm not a big follower of the AR's, but before the madness, you would see them made by various manufacturers, NEW-Retail at the LGS for 800-900. Now they are all over the place (price-wise). I stumbled onto a used, minty S&W MP-15 in November for $599. I thought it was a great deal at the time, I posted a photo and was told "not a great deal...that's the going rate"

I have no idea about "pre-clinton" pricing, but since it's a colt, that might command and extra 100 or 200.
Jon

smokemjoe
04-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Here is about the prices you would pay here.. the 375 about 600, the 2 DBs about 100 each, the AR 1200.00

Rick N Bama
04-14-2013, 11:30 AM
US Arms 12GA Double Hammer Gun.....mine is priceless since it belonged to my wife's G-Grandfather & we have the picture of him with it for proof:)

Rick

jcwit
04-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Waiting to see what the results are on this.

I picked a like new Winchester 94 in 30/30 last fall at a pawn shop for $175.00.

S&W-629
04-14-2013, 12:19 PM
My dad put on lay away the 1st of the year a SP-101 for $2800 then he pasted away and every one thot he was KRAZY lol

southpaw
04-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Ok. I knew when I bid on the 375 I was bidding too much but, it came with a burris scope and I wanted it. It looks like it hasn't been fired or fired very little. Also it doesn't have the cross bolt safety. My bid was $800 and my little brother gave me $25 to get me there. Like I said I wanted it and didn't care if I got taken a little on it. However I wasn't about to make another bid on it.

The pedersoli I got for $280. Another one that I wanted but this one I stole.

The us arms hammer gun set me back $80. I am happy.

The colt ar got me for $1250. Not sure if the age and history helps the price any but it is what it is. I was also told that I can't shoot anything heavier that 55gr. since it has a slower twist in the barrel.

Also, my brother got a 7mm mag sav 110 pre-accutrigger for $250.

Well, here's hoping that my wife doesn't read my posts.

Jerry Jr.

MtGun44
04-15-2013, 03:13 PM
CAR15A1 in nice shape WAS worth about $750-1000 a year ago, but prices are just nuts, so
all bets off. Most are seeking flat top so they can put on optics, less interest in handles esp
with A1 sights. Probably a bit less desirable than some variants. I assumed non-Colt brand, is this
correct? If Colt, some price increase is in order.

Win94 BigBore can be a sleeper, many have no idea what it is, want a .30-30, some willing to
pay extra. Hard to judge, will withhold to avoid looking stupid.
No clue on the other two.

Bill