PDA

View Full Version : Italian Bullet Greaser...

Etienne Brule
08-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Hi,

I just bought an Italian Bullet Greaser to use at the range:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/geraldbergeron/Pedersoli/BulletGreaser.jpg

Does somebody has some experience with that kind of greaser ?

What is the best grease to put in ?

Thank you for the attention.

Etienne Brule

Buckshot
08-31-2007, 06:06 PM
...............I've never seen one like that before. How does it work? Who is it made by? Might be able to do a web search for some info too, if there is a name on it.

.................Buckshot

Bent Ramrod
08-31-2007, 10:12 PM
I've never used one, but I think Pedersoli makes it for their muzzleloading rifles. I've seen a picture of that device in one of their catalogs. I assumed (always dangerous) that it would be used with something like Wonder Lube, or another soft lube of that type.

Single Shot
08-31-2007, 11:45 PM
From this web site: Pedersoli Gibbs Instructions & Advice for Long Range Shooting

Bullet Grease
A good "black powder" bullet grease must be used on grooved bullets. Pedersoli offers a proven bullet grease called Lubriblack, part #USA 488 which can be applied using a conventional bullet sizer/lubricator or by the pan lubrication method. Other recognized good black powder bullet greases are TC-Bore Butter, SPG, Rooster Labs BP-7, Black Magic, DGL, Lyman Black Powder Gold, and White Lightning greases. There are dozens more which will work well and many shooters make their own grease. Experimentation is a big part of black powder shooting so it is good to try many products.

The full article is here: http://www.lrml.org/technical/technique/gibbs02.htm

Etienne Brule
09-05-2007, 05:36 PM
...............I've never seen one like that before. How does it work? Who is it made by? Might be able to do a web search for some info too, if there is a name on it.

.................Buckshot

Hi,

It is made by Pedersoli; I do not have any instructions with it.

I would like to understand the way it works; it would be so practical at the range.

Etienne Brule.

klw
09-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Bought one but haven't use it yet. I wanted something for pure lead bullets that would minimize the possibility of deforming them. Pushing a pure lead bullet through a conventional L/S occasionally does that even if you are only lubricating. Will be fun to give this a try but that is going to be awhile I'm afraid.

Etienne Brule
09-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Bought one but haven't use it yet. I wanted something for pure lead bullets that would minimize the possibility of deforming them. Pushing a pure lead bullet through a conventional L/S occasionally does that even if you are only lubricating. Will be fun to give this a try but that is going to be awhile I'm afraid.

Hi,

I do not think that this greaser will size; it is a spring IN and OUT.

I was jus tring to find a grease that would do the greasing job in it.

thank you for the attention.

Etienne Brule