PDA

View Full Version : Mec 650 wont cycle charge bar

justinhip
04-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Hi, i havea used older mec 650. It works great single stage, however i cannot get it to cycle the charge bar. It will lock to the left but i cannot get it it unlock and move right. Hopefully someone may have a suggestion?

Thanks

warf73
04-13-2013, 03:56 AM
Start your reloading in station 1 then move it to station 2 once you drop powder it should cycle back and get the shot for station 3.
Keep in mind this reloader is set up so you can empty the stations out.
It's supost to stop the charge bar once the shot has dropped (no shells behind it) for the last hull. It's so you don't have to keep putting dummy hulls under the powder and shot while you cycle out the last round off the press.

Hope this gets you going.

Warf

Harter66
04-14-2013, 10:09 PM
If it is a later model it also has a safety that keeps the shot off the floor . You have to have the handle down to move the safety bar down,as in pushing a wad down.

I have a couple of asst'd vintages. The size master works the same way.

handyman25
04-14-2013, 10:59 PM
My older Mec 650 will lock to the left if I ingague the small black lever under the charge bar otherwise it moves from the right to the left and then back to the starting point when I cycle the handle. When I got mine is was dirty and the bar stuck to the left. I cleaned it and used johnsons paste wax on the bar and buffed off the excess when dry. Also on the right, a little in the back, is a rod that will be forced down as you work the handle. This rod is connected to a lever that pivots and moves the bar to the left. Go to the Mec web site and you can down load a owners manual.

300winmag
04-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Try lowering the powder drop tube at the priming station, that is what release's the lock arm at the end of the charge bar. If is not set low enough it will not release, if it is set to low it will not lock the charge bar when the last hull passes through.

justinhip
04-25-2013, 06:03 PM
That did it, thanks