PDA

View Full Version : Rock Island 10mm 1911

khmer6
04-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Been waiting to get this thing. Fits really nice, no blems on the finish. I already see copper fouling from their test rounds. But the biggest issue, the mag won't lock into place! I really like it, a few nice little upgrades. Trigger is light but a slight creep. Adjustable rear sights fiber optic front. Going to have to slug the barrel

khmer6
04-12-2013, 02:33 PM
More pics of some "1911s"

gunfan
04-12-2013, 03:31 PM
I hope that you can get the factory to cover the magazine catch problem. I really like the 10mm Auto. Properly loaded, the cartridge approaches the low-end .41 Magnum velocities/energies.

If you install a flat-bottomed firing pin retainer, you can reduce slide velocity and arrange for the frame to have a longer life. The only drawback, is that the slide will be a bit stiffer to pull to the apex of its rearward travel in order to chamber a round. Aside from that, there's no real "downside" to this small change.

Scott

khmer6
04-12-2013, 03:57 PM
I am working on them with it. They send to send the mag back in. Other mags I have work great. I love my g20. The 10 is an awesome cartridge. They said if the bore is oversized they can send me a label to ship back and take a look at it

TheGrimReaper
04-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Been waiting to get this thing. Fits really nice, no blems on the finish. I already see copper fouling from their test rounds. But the biggest issue, the mag won't lock into place! I really like it, a few nice little upgrades. Trigger is light but a slight creep. Adjustable rear sights fiber optic front. Going to have to slug the barrelWhere oh where did you find her at? I am searching for one.

khmer6
04-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Lanbos. They had 5 in stock Friday. Down to 2 on Monday. Not sure how many left. They have been going in and out of stock fast. I've been looking for them since they released at CTD in November. Always wanted a delta elite

wool1
04-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Been waiting to get this thing. Fits really nice, no blems on the finish. I already see copper fouling from their test rounds. But the biggest issue, the mag won't lock into place! I really like it, a few nice little upgrades. Trigger is light but a slight creep. Adjustable rear sights fiber optic front. Going to have to slug the barrel

I would be very interested to get a range report on the Rock Island......had given up on finding a Delta for a fair price, so I've started to build a 10 mm. But there is always room for one more in the safe! :-) BTW.....Lanbos is out of stock.

khmer6
04-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Check every so often. It pops back up. Those vz grips on it are very very aggressive,

gunfan
04-12-2013, 09:09 PM
I am working on them with it. They send to send the mag back in. Other mags I have work great. I love my g20. The 10 is an awesome cartridge. They said if the bore is oversized they can send me a label to ship back and take a look at it

Any Colt's Delta Elite magazine (Metalform) magazine should work. I like the Metalform magazines, because positive feeding is the word of the day for them.

Scott

MT Gianni
04-13-2013, 10:09 PM
I would be very interested to get a range report on the Rock Island......had given up on finding a Delta for a fair price, so I've started to build a 10 mm. But there is always room for one more in the safe! :-) BTW.....Lanbos is out of stock.

My son bought one and the recoil on factory 165 gr bullets is about like my 175 40 S&W in a S&W 999.

khmer6
04-13-2013, 10:26 PM
We're those watered down? I've only shot 10mm in my glock and its definitely snappier than any 40sw. Maybe the hull barrel and extra weight on the 1911 helps