PDA

View Full Version : question about 7mm barrel

milsurpaddict
04-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Hey everyone I have a 1895 Chilean Mauser however my barrel was re-chambered into a Nato round . I want to put a 7mm barrel back into it however I want to keep it a stepped military. I am having a hard time finding one. I was wondering if I could put another stepped 7mm military barrel or could I put a new 7mm barrel in but still keep the military stock with barrel cover and all.

Thanks

Nobade
04-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Sure, if you could find another original barrel there's no reason it couldn't be fit up. You'll likely have to strip the sights off, possibly dink around with the headspace, then reattach the sights in their proper orientation once the barrel is torqued up.

You could also get your 'smith to start with a blank and contour it to match the original barrel and fit those sights to it.

Lots of options. But if you want to keep the original stock and sights, a modern sporter barrel contour is not the way to do it.

-Nobade

milsurpaddict
04-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Could I replace my 1895 Chilean 29 1/2 7mm small ring barrel with a 1895 Chilean 7mm small ring 21 1/2 barrel?

Nobade
04-20-2013, 07:51 AM
Sure, why not? Of course you'll need the correct sights and stock, or to modify your existing stock. I don't know if any of the other metal is different.

-Nobade