PDA

View Full Version : Red dot in 10mm with Bear creak mollycoat lead bullet?

AZPaul
04-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Is this an okay combo or should I only use jacketed bullets?
thx

Intel6
04-17-2013, 04:22 PM
I would say it is an ok load as long as you are looking for a general shooting load and not trying to load heavier loads. Red Dot is a fast burning shotsell powder which will work and the Bear Creek bullets (180's I assume, did you get them from Brian?) will be fine as long as you are not trying to push them too hard. Bottom line is if you want high performance 10mm loads get jacketed bullets and a better powder but if you are looking for some shooting loads RD and the BC's will work.

Neal in AZ

AZPaul
04-18-2013, 01:21 AM
I would say it is an ok load as long as you are looking for a general shooting load and not trying to load heavier loads. Red Dot is a fast burning shotsell powder which will work and the Bear Creek bullets (180's I assume, did you get them from Brian?) will be fine as long as you are not trying to push them too hard. Bottom line is if you want high performance 10mm loads get jacketed bullets and a better powder but if you are looking for some shooting loads RD and the BC's will work.

Neal in AZ
I'm not sure who is Brian. I get them at the Thunderstick trading post.

Intel6
04-23-2013, 01:49 PM
A lot of the guys who shoot pistol competition up in Tucson shoot the Bear Creek bullets and get them from a guy named Brian who gets them in quantity and sells them for decent prices in bulk. Just took a stab int he dark that you had got them from him.

Neal in AZ

AZPaul
04-24-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm always looking for cheaper bullets, how do you contact him?

Intel6
04-30-2013, 12:54 PM
PM sent