PDA

View Full Version : O.M.G. I finialy have something to post about (instead of asking for help!)

gcollins
04-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks so much to all you guys that helped me with your advice:D
I hate to belong to a group like you guy's, Allways trying to help people with there problems one way or the other.[smilie=s:
Okay here we go! I went to the H.F. store in Joplin Mo., and bought the Big Sonic Cleaner that was on sale for $79.95, and since I was a H.F. member I had a $20.00 coupon and then I got 20% off for being a NRA member, so it cost me with sales tax around $40.00. The bad thing was they were sold out of a concentrate chemical to use with it. So I wrote down what every one advise me to do, and then I went to U Tube and watched 20 video's on what those folks idea's, I found one that I was thinking about trying, you used diluted Vineger, and then you had to mix up baking soda and then run them threw again, ect:shock:
The dollar general store is 1/2 a block from my house, but of course I had to drive, anyway i got me a cart and put my cain in the basket and putting most of my weight on the shopping cart I started going up and down the rows looking at everything! When I got to the back of the store, I stopped
and gave as much thought has I had, I looked on the top self right where I was, and they had some all purpose cleaner called Fabulous That is how it is spelled, not just my normal bad spelling:shock: and I made my way back up front and stopped where they have the coffee, tea, ect. I saw this small packet (Koolaide size)that maid un sweeten all natural lemon mix, they were 13 cents a pack so i actted like I was some sort of Big Shot and I bought 4 packets[smilie=w:, went into the house and got me a 2ltre bottle of the hottest tap water as I could stand, I meause out 1 cup of Fabulous cleaner and poured it in the cleaner with around 2 cups of warm water and then I put in 2 packs of the Lemon Aid and mixed it real good, man O man, I had some yellow cleaner. I put in 50 FL sized and decapped 243 WSSM brass and turned it on with heater on for 480 seconds,when it shut off I fished one out and could not believe my eyes (my 243wssm brass are real nasty because I am not shooting them hot enough to expand the case to seat in the chamber)almost as clean as New. 480 seconds more and then washed well with cold water and then I blew them dry with my air compressure, so now they look good in and out but have some water stains, I put them in my small Lyman 600 with Lyman Walnut treated for 15 mins, and they look brand new! Since it cost less than a half of dollar to do, i wanted to finaliy give something back.
G

EDG
04-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Excellent. Can you report the brand of lemonade?

runfiverun
04-11-2013, 09:09 PM
don't matter it's all made from citric acid.
lemishine is used to keep your dishes nice and spot free, and keeps calcium deposits in the dishwasher at a minimum.
it's like 4 dollars at the walmart.
it breaks the carbon up and shines brass and passify's it the sonic cleaner should break it out of the cases and primer pockets even better.

oh the Kool-Aid stuff will stain your fingernails.

Springfield0612
04-16-2013, 03:25 PM
I get the coupons for like $.50 off Lemishine then go the the Commisary (Military Grocery Store) and pay $1.90 after the coupon. I should have a lifetime suplly here in the next 3 months!

I do a presoak with Birchwood Casey Brass Cleaner, rinse and 32 min in the USC heater on with 1 tsp vinegar, and 1 tsp lemishine, and a squirt of dish soap. Rinse and I made a rack that uses a fan and space heater, I can dry 500 9mm on 1 rack in about 40 min.

41 mag fan
04-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Just think...you can make extra and have a nice cold glass of lemonade while cleaning your brass!

justing
04-17-2013, 11:07 AM
hold on so harbor freight has a NRA discount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!

Bored1
04-17-2013, 11:37 AM
hold on so harbor freight has a NRA discount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!

WHAT HE SAID^^^^^

How do you get the discount?

MtGun44
04-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Try Lemishine in grocery store near dishwasher soaps.

+1 on how to get NRA discount!!!

Bill

Springfield0612
04-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Ahhh.... People hear HF has an NRA discount and they're not the devil anymore! :kidding:

boltons75
04-17-2013, 04:51 PM
I think he just means the 20% coupon that's in the HF ads in the monthly NRA magazines.

gcollins
04-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi Guys,
I don't know if it was just a specail weekend or what, but, I called over to the Harbor Freight store and ask if they had any, and they had 1. So they put it up front for me.

I took my NRA card with me, but they never ask to see it. It was marked to $79.00, I had a $20.00 coupon, and then they gave me 20 percent off of that price because I was a member of the NRA.

I used my $20.00 coupon, so that made it $59.00, and then they took off 20% more, so I got it for around $50.00
G

plumbob
04-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks, I will give it a try