PDA

View Full Version : Swedish 94 Mauser questions.

wallenba
04-10-2013, 11:36 PM
I spent my IRS refund (and a little cash), on a Swedish carbine model 94. It's a very nice example, made in 1898, except it is missing the stock disk. It slugged .2645 . It appears to be counterbored, and I was wondering if this has anything to do with the earlier required barrel extensions? And will it affect accuracy? It measures 17-11/16" from the reciever ring to the muzzle. Also, is there anyone making reproduction disks?

leadman
04-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Might try Sarco or Numrich for a disk.

wallenba
04-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Might try Sarco or Numrich for a disk.

These aren't the same type of disk for bolt take down you see on 98's. These are stamped with bore and sight info for each rifle, and sometimes military unit info. I did look at Numrich for blanks, but the schematics didn't even show them.

Dutchman
04-11-2013, 01:32 PM
The unit disc and bore disc do not share info. In udder wurds, the unit disc does not have bore dimension information and the bore discs do not have unit info.

http://dutchman.rebooty.com/disc.html

There is a fellow on ebay in Sweden who produces fake unit discs using genuine discs and stamping dies. I just looked and didn't see any but you should check weekly.

The new blank bore discs can be found. I've sold them on ebay for $25. I have one left.

What appears to be a counterbore at the muzzle is not. It's the muzzle extension that's pressed onto the barrel.

How about a couple/few pictures?

Dutch

Hardcast416taylor
04-11-2013, 02:00 PM
The muzzle extension on my M94 Swede appears to have been tack welded on to satisfy the feds years back. I can`t see that it has hurt accuracy any.Robert

wallenba
04-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Still trying to get it right. Third attempt.67129

wallenba
04-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Okay, finally got it right. I don't post pics often enough, and have to relearn it each time. Got to stop chewing on my lead like gum. My muzzle extension shows no method of attachment. It looks like it's one with the barrel, or splice is under the sight guard. The wood is in excellant condition. All numbers match except the lower band. I'm not going to say how much I paid, but it's the most I ever paid for a milsurp. I wanted it bad. For 115 years old it's stunning.

Dutchman
04-11-2013, 06:43 PM
The muzzle extension is pressed on.

Stock looks sanded, stained, refinished. The photo isn't clear enough but it looks like the rear receiver tang is proud, standing above the wood line. I could be wrong?? I can't tell what kind of wood it is either.

Dutch

wallenba
04-11-2013, 09:56 PM
The muzzle extension is pressed on.

Stock looks sanded, stained, refinished. The photo isn't clear enough but it looks like the rear receiver tang is proud, standing above the wood line. I could be wrong?? I can't tell what kind of wood it is either.

Dutch
It's proud just a hair, the angle relative to the camera, picked up some reflection there I think. I'm terrible at guessing wood types. It has a very tight grain though, as most northern types with short growing seasons do. It feels dense, and is heavy for it's size. If I had to guess, I'd say beech. I agree, I think it was sanded too.