PDA

View Full Version : .38 S&W defense ammo coming from BB

LouisianaMan
04-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Many of you have read about & participated in my amateur experimentation with the .38 S&W, aka .38 Colt New Police, .38/200, .38 S&W "Short," etc. Many of us have shared tales of woe caused by the unavailability of anything resembling defense ammo for our otherwise serviceable solid-frame guns.

Good news! Within the next month, Buffalo Bore is bringing out two loads to fill that bill. Tim Sundlies of BB describes them as good, powerful loads. Guess I'll finally be able to load my guns with factory ammo! Can't wait to see what they've come up with. Will certainly try some and compare to my various handloads, and will try to post a range report.

No personal involvement with the project, just looking forward to trying it.

JWFilips
04-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Waiting with bated breath! Can't wait to see what they come up with. Maybe better than my SD rounds for my little lady's 32-1 Smith ( Which she loves and shoots very well ...I might add)

gunfan
04-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Excellent! I'm so glad to hear of BB's foray into the round. I hope that they offer the caveat that it should only be fired in solid-frame revolvers. (e.g. S&W, Colt and the like.) This is great news!

Scott

JWFilips
04-08-2013, 09:04 PM
If It is from BB, I'm sure it won't be for use in break tops! Only solid frames ...for sure

LouisianaMan
04-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Scott,
I feel certain they will specify no top-breaks, just as they did for their new, souped-up .32SWL offerings.

gunfan
04-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Scott,
I feel certain they will specify no top-breaks, just as they did for their new, souped-up .32SWL offerings.

Did (or would) you ever doubt it? BB will produce good ammunition!

Scott

LouisianaMan
04-08-2013, 10:42 PM
If BB didn't know how to handle such concerns, it wouldn't have lasted long in today's litigious society. Not to mention, shooters would pass the word if BB ammo were beating their guns to death. I've never heard anyone complaining--have you?

gunfan
04-08-2013, 11:56 PM
If BB didn't know how to handle such concerns, it wouldn't have lasted long in today's litigious society. Not to mention, shooters would pass the word if BB ammo were beating their guns to death. I've never heard anyone complaining--have you?

Not for a minute! I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of S&W "Terrier" and "Victory" model owners that will be extremely happy!

Scott