PDA

View Full Version : Air Rifles

Phoenix
04-08-2013, 12:26 PM
I was seriously thinking of getting into an air rifle. so I went looking. I saw this.

My first thought was how ridiculous is it to make a gun electronic. The only thing I have that is electronic on any gun is a led gun light, and a laser that I never use anyway. You wait it wont be long until electronics are mandatory in all guns. so they can scan you to find them, they can shut them down so you cant use one on them. and they will not operate until you enter a code or use biometrics. /rantover

GT27
04-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Nice,they have really come a long way since I was a kid!Lots of crazy thought up garbage out there to empty ones wallet pronto'...:veryconfuI just bought a Benjamin 397 for $50.00 off of my local craigslist,my main, affordable target/ plinker now,extremely accurate! GT27

elginrunner
04-10-2013, 04:28 AM
If and I say IF I remember correctly, all the electronics on that particular air rifle are to regulate the air flow to get a consistant velosities as the air pressure gets lower from consecutive shot strings.... the lower the pressure, the longer the valve stays open type thing... :veryconfu but I am at work... my brain may be disengaged !!

shredder
04-10-2013, 09:06 AM
That is the most capable air rifle on the planet if you plan on doing anything but punch paper. The electronics are not fluff, nor is the performance.

joec
04-10-2013, 09:35 AM
I'm happy with my Gamo Hunter 220 .177 with a Bushnell 4x32 scope. Bought it used for $100 a while back and though only a single shot it is accurate out to about 75 yards. Oh and will pentrate 1/2 plywood from 30 yards with target pellets.