PDA

View Full Version : install the gas check before or after the lube boolit?

beppe
04-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Traduzione
hello to everyone! I have only just begun to melt the balls. lube if you use a pan, I must first drawing and then put the gas chek and then put the bullets in the pan lube?

Ciao a tutti . Ho cominciato da poco a fondere i proiettili . Devo prima trafilere , poi mettere il gas check , poi alla fine metto i proiettili nel pan lube ?

btroj
04-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Put the gas check on first.

beppe
04-08-2013, 08:28 AM
but to put the gas check I have to pass them in the lube Die , and to do this I must first GREASE, because without fat stick to die

beppe
04-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Traduzione
what I mean is: when I put the GC at the end of the bullets are already greased, why should I even pass them in the pan lube? sorry if my questions are stupid, I'm a newbie

possom813
04-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Traduzione dall'inglese con babel

Non si farà male le pallottole per lubrificare il proiettile prima con il grasso e correre attraverso il dado dimensioni per installare il controllo del gas. È possibile utilizzare ragia minerale per pulire il proiettile dopo aver installato il controllo del gas. Quindi, è possibile utilizzare il pan di lubrificazione per lube i proiettili come ti piace.

It will not hurt the bullets to lubricate the bullet before grease and run it through the die size to install the gas check. You can use mineral spirits to clean the bullet after installing the gas check. You can then use the pan to lube the bullets as you like.

Stai usando grasso per lubrificare i proiettili, o stai usando un lubrificante della pallottola, come chiamati?

Are you using grease to lubricate the bullets, or are you using a bullet lubricant, such as alox?

beppe
04-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Traduzione
ok! now I understand, I just did a bit of unnecessary confusion, thank you very much for the explanation[smilie=s:

K-Rod
04-13-2013, 02:10 PM
I assume your talking about sizing with the Lee push through sizer to size then you pan lube & you don't want to stick a bullet in the Lee sizer.

Put your cast bullets in a container. I use a gallon ziploc bag. Spray about 2-3 pumps of Case Lube over the bullets. Shake to get an even coating. This will prevent sticking a bullet in the Lee sizer die when you size & install the GC. Pan lube as you like.

Hope this helps.

mto7464
04-13-2013, 02:22 PM
I've never has any problem pushing them thru a lee sizer without lube, unless they are linotype and way over sized.

Ohio Rusty
04-13-2013, 04:06 PM
I always install it before. That way I get a tight fit to the boolit lead before any lube can get underneath. I have this impression that lube under the gas check is what causes some of the gas checks to come off .... I can't prove that though ....
Ohio Rusty ><>

cajun shooter
04-14-2013, 12:04 PM
If you ever decide to buy a Lyman or RCBS sizer/luber they sell a tool that sets on the stem that allows the bullet to have a GC installed but not lubed.
The best way if pan lubing is to spray the bullets with a sizing lube and apply the GC by running through a sizing die. The GC is a crimp on fit and not just a push on and load item. If not crimped by a die it will come off the bullet in firing and be useless.
The GC is always first. If using a Star sizer then you place a GC on the bullet and lube it all in one step. Very fast David

9w1911
04-16-2013, 12:10 AM
great thread answered my questions!!!
Lee size w lube then pan lube whoohoo!!!

psychicrhino
04-23-2013, 12:08 AM
Ask and ye shall receive.....an answer

sthwestvictoria
04-24-2013, 07:13 AM
The best way if pan lubing is to spray the bullets with a sizing lube and apply the GC by running through a sizing die. The GC is a crimp on fit and not just a push on and load item. If not crimped by a die it will come off the bullet in firing and be useless.
The GC is always first.

My method is just to put on the GC with finger pressure the stand up in pan, lube then push through Lee sizing die. Only one operation to size and crimp GC on.

I have just started playing with heat treating boolits and have not settled on a firm technique yet. I don't want to size after heat treating and do want to have the GC on before sizing so.....
I am putting GC on, sizing without lube, heat treating and then pan lubing. Seems to be working so far. The boolit heat treating is not hot enough to anneal the GC so they stay on nicely, even with the quenching.