PDA

View Full Version : Best 300 Blackout CB for hunting subsonic?

Leatherhead Bullets
04-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I am new to this sight, and glad I found it. I am looking for a good cast bullet to use while shooting / hunting subsonic. I have searched several threads that have great information, but there is a lot. I see many are shooting the noe 247 HP, and the Lee 200 or 220 Lee. How are they for terminal effects, and are there any other suggestions? I appreciate all advice. I have been shooting my 300 blkout a bit, and want to get into the subsonic game for close and quiet work. Thanks ahead of time!

jacobsk
04-12-2013, 12:05 PM
I am new to this sight, and glad I found it. I am looking for a good cast bullet to use while shooting / hunting subsonic. I have searched several threads that have great information, but there is a lot. I see many are shooting the noe 247 HP, and the Lee 200 or 220 Lee. How are they for terminal effects, and are there any other suggestions? I appreciate all advice. I have been shooting my 300 blkout a bit, and want to get into the subsonic game for close and quiet work. Thanks ahead of time!

Five days without a response, I've been lurking for a while now and came out of the shadows to ask the same question.... I'll bump and see if anyone has any input.

mikemc
04-12-2013, 12:12 PM
I am in the process of building one of these and want to know the answer also.

fcvan
04-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Recently, there was a boolit mold designed for the 300 and lots of threads written. The mold is a Lee TL 309-230 5R which I think was a custom run put together by MidwayUSA. Lee made the mold for Midway. There are pictures and load specs I think in the military and surplus section of the site.

jacobsk
04-12-2013, 11:58 PM
Recently, there was a boolit mold designed for the 300 and lots of threads written. The mold is a Lee TL 309-230 5R which I think was a custom run put together by MidwayUSA. Lee made the mold for Midway. There are pictures and load specs I think in the military and surplus section of the site.

Thank you! It seems like every time I find solid information on casting for the 300blk the molds were a custom run... I need to get in on one of those!

Moonie
04-16-2013, 10:44 AM
I have the 245 Accurate Molds version of the NOE 247. I'd use it for hunting, but why subsonic? This boolit can be driven faster than subsonic and that would be better for hunting, HP or FP. Personally I prefer FP boolits for hunting and I wouldn't hesitate to use this boolit to hunt with.

Leatherhead Bullets
04-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Subsonic works great for close in hunting/ varmit control around private property in the county setting. It is also a great round to shoot with the kids etc. limited (no ) recoil, and / or noise. Moonie, which 245 do you have? And how is it for accuracy. I see they have the 240 models made for the blackout, why did you pick the one you did? Thanks