PDA

View Full Version : The Handloaders manual of cartridge conversions.

WILCO
04-07-2013, 03:25 PM
My copy came in the mail. It's really worth it's weight in gold. The information contained within is incredible. Anyone with an interest in cartridge conversions will do well with this book in their handloading library. The sheer enjoyment of learning that you can make over 900 cartridges is worth the $14.00 price.

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/products/search?q=John+Donnelly&cat_id=&find=Find+%C2%BB

runfiverun
04-07-2013, 06:50 PM
mine is all green and judy didn't help write it.
it has some interesting stuff in it, the drawings for the really goofy stuff alone is worth the price.

shooter93
04-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Get Howell's book too. I have the first Donnelly and there were a few errors in it. Nothing major but it's nice to have the two. Howell's also has interesting chapters of fire-forming etc. Worth the price.

alamogunr
04-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Mine cost $65 from a used book dealer. That is the price I pay for preferring hard cover books. Mine is 3rd Edition. Not sure what they could find to add to a 4th Edition.

I prefer "Designing and Forming Custom Cartridges" by Ken Howell but Donnelly's book and one by Nonte are interesting too.

Not sure why I've got these books since I've never really reformed any cases.

OOPS! Just looked in the book and found receipt. Only paid $49. I got a bargain.

BruceB
04-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Yes....Ken Howell's book is much more current (1995), and far more extensive at about six hundred pages. My copy cost about $70 direct from the author.

George Nonte wrote some truly great stuff during his career, and ANY of his books will be a worthwhile and entertaining investment.

There's no such thing as "too many books", especially when it comes to our hobbies.

alamogunr
04-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Yes....Ken Howell's book is much more current (1995), and far more extensive at about six hundred pages. My copy cost about $70 direct from the author.

George Nonte wrote some truly great stuff during his career, and ANY of his books will be a worthwhile and entertaining investment.

There's no such thing as "too many books", especially when it comes to our hobbies.

You may be right, but I'm getting close.

jcwit
04-07-2013, 07:56 PM
I have one of the slightly older versions with the dark green cover. It is a wealth of information.

texassako
04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Definitely interesting browsing between this one and Howell's books. Actually got to use them once or twice, plus helping out others online trying to make obsolete brass. We live in a great time for finding brass for oddballs, but it may not always be so.

WILCO
04-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Get Howell's book too.

Thanks for the tip. Looking into it.