PDA

View Full Version : The World is a Beautiful Place Again!!!

Rex
04-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Went into our LGS this morning and ask if they had any Unique. I was sure they wouldn't. His powder shelves were full, bout anything my little heart desired. He said primers and bullets were still tough but things were getting better. A pound of Unique was $19.+change.
About 3 weeks ago Cabela's sold me 1000 primers and I have enough scrap lead and Lino to last the rest of my life. I'm about as happy as I've been in the last 70 years.

MtGun44
04-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Great news.

Bill

perotter
04-06-2013, 04:43 PM
I talked to one of my brothers the other night. He's seeing about the same thing in west central Wisconsin as Rex is seeing. He said the only .30 bullets around were 125 grain and not every powder was available, but overall it looks like things are starting to turn the corner. Here, now is the 1st time I've ever seen 8 pounders of powder on the shelf the wasn't Red Dot or 700x.

Also, I got an email the other day from a place that is running a sale on AR parts.

wcp4570
04-06-2013, 07:12 PM
That is great news. I stopped by one of the higher priced gun shops in town today just to see what was on the shelves and they had plenty AR's and about any kind of long guns pistols and revolvers to choose from. No primers or powder in stock.

wcp

TXGunNut
04-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Sounds like good news indeed. Things are improving quicker than I thought they would, good news indeed.

PULSARNC
04-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Stopped by the local gunshop ran by an old hi school classmate of mine Good inventory of powders and $40 a thousand on CCI primers {lp} Sucked that he was out of bullseye and unique but it is due in next week

Chamfered
04-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Yes, thanks for the good news. A friend who does the gun show circuit in the midwest here said he seen a guy move ever box of winchester 22 ammo in the 525 round box for $65 a box last week! That ammo was $19 a box last summer at wally world.

sparky45
04-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Just checked Powder Valley and they basically don't have any powder. Maybe because they are so back ordered. I live just 40 miles from them and used to drive over and pick up my orders; ah the good old days, no hazmat fees and always had everything I ordered.