PDA

View Full Version : more handgun updates and questions

Lloyd Smale
08-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Well i probably am about done with it. I shot it today at 125 yards. About as far as i can easily set out a target stand at my range. Groups opened up a tad but still minute of deer. I shot two 5 shot groups at that range and one went 3 3/4 and the other went 4 1/4. Scope set on 6x. Now i guess one thing to keep in mind is ive shot over a hundred rounds out of this thing without cleaning it. I can see some plastic fouling in the barrel but dont know if its bad enough to open things up or not and i guess i really dont care as it will handle deer at any range I plan on shooting them at. I ran 3 across the chrono. I got 1203 1216 and 1252. Again the load was a 350 lfn in a sabot with 80 grains of goex 2f substitute ww 209. Barrel lenght is now 14.5 inches. Anyone have an idea how much velocity I lost by going from a 22 inch to the shorter barrel. Again im not really conserned as a hard cast 350lfn at 1200 fps will do one hell of alot of killing. Well this guy is ready to go back to his sixguns and leverguns!!!