PDA

View Full Version : Lee Pro 1000 Progressive Press

trapper300RUM
04-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Have any of you guys used any other brands of primers besides the ones LEE recommends I have found a site that i can order TULA Primers @ more normal prices & i know that LEE says not use use Federal Primers but what about TULA Primers . HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![smilie=b:

VHoward
04-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Lee says not to use federal because they are soft and have a greater chance of detonation in their presses (greater chance of that in any press). Tula primers are hard. It is OK to use them in a Lee press.

trapper300RUM
04-05-2013, 08:05 PM
I figured that Tula's would be ok to use in my Pro 1000 Tula primers are as hard as CCI or Remington I will be extra careful & go slow to make sure that no problems arise which i thank there wont be none

VHoward
04-05-2013, 09:10 PM
It would be a good idea to get a primer pocket uniformer as the tula primers are a little tighter to seat in the pocket.

trapper300RUM
04-05-2013, 11:17 PM
I already have a primer pocket reamer i had some Wolf Primers that were hard to seat in Those American Eagle 44 Brass & i had to use the PP reamer

zuke
04-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Call LEE and ask them

r1kk1
04-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Lee says not to use federal because they are soft and have a greater chance of detonation in their presses (greater chance of that in any press). Tula primers are hard. It is OK to use them in a Lee press.

It's not the press but the priming mechanism. If you use the ram prime where you seat a primer by placing one in the cup instead of a loaded tray, anything is fine. I believe the Ergo and XR hand priming systems, Lee states you can use any primer brand. Maybe Lee's safety prime is rated the same. I can't comment on that.

Take care

r1kk1