PDA

View Full Version : FreeChex III for 7.62x39 and for .308?

Jon
04-05-2013, 09:13 AM
I sent Charlie an email, but maybe you guys can help me out a bit. Can I use the same gas checks for both .308 and for 7.62x39? I realize that one is .309, and the other is .312.

Will the gas checks made for .312 swage down to fit on a .309 bullet as well?

Can I use a .309 FreeChex III for .312 bullets? I'm not sure what they end up as coming out of the tool. I assume that they are a bit oversized so that they swage onto the base of the bullet slightly when sized.

I'm trying to avoid buying two FreeChex dies for basically the same caliber.

Thanks

jeepvet
04-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Thanks for asking this question as I am planning on the same thing (30 cal & 7.62X39). Also can't find Free ChexIII on Gunbroker anymore. I assume they are just out of stock for now. Haven't tried email yet because my dumb computer can't send it through the link on the website. I thought computers were supposed to make our lives easier???

Vorga
04-06-2013, 03:00 AM
Thanks for asking this question as I am planning on the same thing (30 cal & 7.62X39). Also can't find Free ChexIII on Gunbroker anymore. I assume they are just out of stock for now. Haven't tried email yet because my dumb computer can't send it through the link on the website. I thought computers were supposed to make our lives easier???

I had the same problem with the e-mail on the web site last night when I tried to e-mail. (windows 8 )If you look further down you will see an option to copy the email address and paste it in your e-mail . I e-mailed him about placing an order for 30 cal freechex lll for my 308win around 2am last night and by 7am Charles sent me a PayPal invoice and responded to the original e-mail I sent. I paid before I left for work . By the time I got to the office he sent a receipt with tracking number and instructions. He also said he was sending some samples of metal to try. I was unable to find it listed on Gunbroker also and I have been looking on there for about a month .

Sagebrush7
04-06-2013, 05:42 PM
You need Charlies FCIII .303 with the .318 cutter. Need to use Amerimax .0167 # 68214 You need the thickness to crimp to the .284 shank and have a larger diameter check. I have found oversize checks of about .004 will counteract the aluminum springiness and give you a tight crimp. James

I sent Charlie an email, but maybe you guys can help me out a bit. Can I use the same gas checks for both .308 and for 7.62x39? I realize that one is .309, and the other is .312.

Will the gas checks made for .312 swage down to fit on a .309 bullet as well?

Can I use a .309 FreeChex III for .312 bullets? I'm not sure what they end up as coming out of the tool. I assume that they are a bit oversized so that they swage onto the base of the bullet slightly when sized.

I'm trying to avoid buying two FreeChex dies for basically the same caliber.

Thanks