PDA

View Full Version : Springtime anyone?

bubba.50
04-04-2013, 05:52 PM
about 4 or 5 inches of fluffy white "springtime" layin' on the ground here in beautiful Pulaski Co. VA. with no sign of let-up. how y'all doin'?

blademasterii
04-04-2013, 06:07 PM
It was almost 80 today, but its raining now. Should be decent tomorrow.

dagger dog
04-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Was finally above 25 degrees 6 AM,around 38 felt nice , supposed to hit 79 degrees next Tuesday.
Strange weather patterns last 10 years.

historicfirearms
04-04-2013, 07:23 PM
In the 40's today, still about a foot of snow in the woods but the fields are mainly clear. The lakes are still completely frozen over and I saw guys ice fishing this past weekend. It's been a long winter. The older I get, the longer they seem to get. We are supposed to get another storm on Saturday, rain changing over to snow.

dragonrider
04-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Got into the 50's today, was warmer yesterday. The storm bubba is getting is supposed to bring us some rain tomorrow. I do hope the threat of snow is over. Going to take the snowblower off the tractor on Saturday, put the b'hoe on.

btroj
04-04-2013, 08:39 PM
We hit 60 today. I think we are done with snow. Think.

LUCKYDAWG13
04-04-2013, 08:46 PM
got up to 57 by me today

xs11jack
04-04-2013, 09:38 PM
OK everyone, brace your selves, I am going to service the snowblower and put it away! That aught to get a response from Mother Nature!
Jack

Charlie Two Tracks
04-04-2013, 09:39 PM
We got to 60 here in N. west Ill. Some up and downs in the long range forecast but it looks like 65 for Saturday. Next week a bunch of rain which we really need. Spring is here. I planted peas on Easter Sunday.

marlin39a
04-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Last few weeks have been in the 70's here at 5300 ft. Nights still down around 30. I was up on top of Towers Mtn. today in Crown King. Black flies were out and biting. No rattlers yet.

dbosman
04-04-2013, 09:51 PM
51 in Mid-Michigan today. I thought Virginia was part of the "South" ;-)

Flash back - March 1970s in Natural Bridge Virgina. Natural Resources conference. A bunch of relatively poor college students camping in Shenandoah national park to save on expenses. "Kids" from Canada, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Atlanta Georgia. We'd wake up in the morning to 32 degrees temps. The Canadians are running around in flannel shirts admiring the weather, geology, and the flora. We Michiganders are wearing wool shirts over our flannel wondering if it's going to warm up as we head out of the hilly area we're in. The Penn State kids are in flannel, sweaters, and jackets shivering. The Georgia kids are wearing parkas asking if it ever warms up in Virginia.

About noon, the Canadians are sweating. The Michiganders are wearing flannel running around and admiring the geology and flora. The Penn State kids are wearing flannel with wool sweaters. The Georgians are wearing parkas and still muttering "doesn't it ever warm up in Virginia.

uscra112
04-05-2013, 01:32 AM
15 degrees F at my house Tuesday overnight. Not a typo. Fifteen.

SciFiJim
04-05-2013, 01:42 AM
about 4 or 5 inches of fluffy white "springtime" layin' on the ground here in beautiful Pulaski Co. VA. with no sign of let-up. how y'all doin'?

I've mowed the grass three times so far this year. In the summer it will be weekly. Yesterday I finished rigging the drip irrigation for the stone fruit trees (plums, apricots, peaches, nectarines). They all have marble sized fruit on them.

starmac
04-05-2013, 01:54 AM
Last few weeks have been in the 70's here at 5300 ft. Nights still down around 30. I was up on top of Towers Mtn. today in Crown King. Black flies were out and biting. No rattlers yet.

I used to really like crown king, for some reason I doubt it has changed a whole lot over the years.

Adam10mm
04-05-2013, 02:06 AM
39 degrees for a high yesterday (Thursday). Two cars in my yard are buried under 3-4 feet of snow still. Finally got time to shovel the roof and windshield off to lighten the load. Might be able to dig them out over the weekend. Supposed to get another 6 inches of snow Saturday. The nice wet/heavy snow.

captaint
04-05-2013, 09:35 AM
As far as I'm concerned, this Spring has been a complete bust. Hasn't really snowed, hasn't rained too much, it just hasn't been pleasant. I don't think we had 2 nice days in March. Not even been able to think about fly fishing yet. That's a bad thing. Mike

runfiverun
04-05-2013, 11:26 AM
we are sitting just warm enough for the snow to be rain.
it is melting the snow.
i'm pretty sure it's still snowing up above us.
I hope it is I don't think the rivers and such can handle all the snow pack melting all at once.
some of the creeks were running just about over their banks last weekend.

Love Life
04-05-2013, 11:35 AM
It is windy and was 35 degrees on the way in today. All in all not bad. The cold snap we had from December-January was brutal.

bubba.50
04-05-2013, 01:05 PM
30 degrees & 6 inches of snow yesterday. temp in the 50's today with grey slush & brown water everywhere. go figger.

Ohio Rusty
04-05-2013, 06:31 PM
It's supposed to warm up here in S.E. Ohio. Every morning this week I've had to scrape the hard frost-freeze from my windows. All the onions and other plants that have been fooled have froze and died. At least it has kept the summer wasps at bay ...... I bet they will be out this weekend.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Sweetpea
04-05-2013, 11:39 PM
85 here today...

Hey R5R, you can send some of that precipitation south to us... I am quite worried for the deer this year!

TXGunNut
04-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Radishes came up a couple of weeks ago, beets a few days later. Planted everything else last weekend. Spring has come to my little spot on the prairie, Echo trimmer and Cub Cadet mower will have a tough day tomorrow.
Think I'll break in my new smelting equipment before I fire up the small engines, gotta let thing's dry a little first, right?