PDA

View Full Version : A few good people left in this world!!!

Glock Junkie
04-03-2013, 07:58 PM
In the short time I have been on this forum I am very impressed with the way you all help one another and the way you treat and help the Noobs like me. The way you guys are make me proud to be a part of reloading and casting! Im a total Noob to reloading and casting but I hope some day to be able to help out the community as you all do. This community proves that there are still good people left in this world! Thanx for all the help!

km101
04-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. As you have already noticed there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. Soak up all you can. As far as the reloading goes; I would recommend that you buy a few manuals and read, read, read. Almost all of the information you will need on reloading is contained in them, and the rest you can find here. But the manuals will give you the base that you need to proceed safely and teach you enough that you can ask intelligent questions.

Again, welcome and glad you are here!

Olevern
04-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Welcome aboard, always glad to receive new members.

TheGrimReaper
04-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Yes, welcome.

John Allen
04-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Welcome, you will find that most of us are more than willing to help. I have learned a ton from this sight already. A good thing to remember is to use the search if you have question. I have found a lot of answers just by a simple lookup. It has been great.

Idaho Mule
04-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the forum. As you have already noticed there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. Soak up all you can. As far as the reloading goes; I would recommend that you buy a few manuals and read, read, read. Almost all of the information you will need on reloading is contained in them, and the rest you can find here. But the manuals will give you the base that you need to proceed safely and teach you enough that you can ask intelligent questions.

Again, welcome and glad you are here!

Glock, welcome as all others have said. Please buy some loading manuals as suggested, and study them. Then jump in with both feet. Only one way to get there and that's to do it. As others have said most questions can be answered by your manuals and a little searching here and there. These guys are good. JW

wcavasos
04-03-2013, 10:27 PM
I feel very much the same way. Proud to be a member of this forum! My last online forum was 68forums, they are a site for the 6.8 rem spc and I can't stand them anymore. Bunch of arrogance floods the site. First though it was calguns, a website for california gun owners and that place is swept with ignorance. I love this place!!!

gray wolf
04-03-2013, 10:58 PM
I am very impressed with the way you all help one another
You don't know the half of it, this place is family, solid like a rock.
Nice to have you, your in good hands.

P.K.
04-03-2013, 11:02 PM
I feel very much the same way. Proud to be a member of this forum! My last online forum was 68forums, they are a site for the 6.8 rem spc and I can't stand them anymore. Bunch of arrogance floods the site. First though it was calguns, a website for california gun owners and that place is swept with ignorance. I love this place!!!

There are a couple of us here that wander in over there every once in awhile, but your assesment is essentially correct concerning 68forums. I haven't been there in over a year because I have no intrest in the latest and greatest, or eeking out the next 2 fps from a .01 gr of whatever the latest do all powder.

To the OP, welcome to CastBoolits and enjoy. It's been mentioned but I'll add my .02. The first step is picking up Lymans Cast Bullet Handbook. The latest is the 4th edition and chocker block full of usfull information and informative insight. Well worth the time and coin.

Another excellent resource can be found right here:http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?110213-From-Ingot-to-Target-A-Cast-Bullet-Guide-for-Handgunners (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?110213-From-Ingot-to-Target-A-Cast-Bullet-Guide-for-Handgunners)

Happy reading and welcome!

EMC45
04-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Welcome. Where in Ga?

Glock Junkie
04-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Welcome. Where in Ga?

I live in Ringgold Georgia

nagantguy
04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Also new here but been reloading for 13 years and casting for 5 but the wealth of knowledge here and the eagerness of people to share and help has blown me away. Good site great folk.

Smitty's Retired
04-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Welcome Glock Junkie. As has been stated, lots of Good people and info here. Check all the stickies in all areas. Always feel free to ask if there is something your not sure on. Ringgold, man you just a skip from Chickamauga. Great area there. Been there several times. Love the park.

PS Paul
04-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Welcome, GJ. I was a lurker for two or three YEARS before finally joining up. To be frank, I was a little bit afraid of becoming a member since I have seen what takes place on other internet forums. A LOT of poor behavior and bitter folks sharing humiliating and hurtful jabs at one another. I have found this forum, what I consider the BEST on the planet, to be just full of respectful, courteous folk who really do have a strong desire to help their fellow casters/shooters!!

I do not partake in ANY other forums out there, although I will give some of them a look every few months. Just normally re-affirms why I am a member here and nowhere else.

I surely don't consider myself a "long-term member" OR a "veteran", like some of the folks here, but I have always been made to feel "welcome" and made to feel my contributions, after nearly thirty years of loading/casting, are of some value.

Just remember, although MANY questions are repeated many times with many repeat answers, the only stupid one is the one you do not ask!! If it is a question that has been answered/addressed repeatedly, MOST of the good folks here will direct you to a thread or threads that address he question best. Just be sure to look at the stickies. They DO help!
PSP

Bad Water Bill
04-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Welcome to our happy home.

When I first got a puter I do not remember how many sites I joined to see what I could learn.

Most sites were potty mouth,I can spend more than you,you really are stupid,you are not an in one so go away.

Well I have been here a couple days now and will never look elsewhere for answers.

IF by chance someone rubs you the wrong way PLEASE remember we all might be having a bad day at home. Hasn't happened to me yet but:lol:

hiram1
04-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Welcome aboard glad to have ya. yep there is a lot of good guys and gals here to help you. if i can i sure will .

captaint
04-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Best part about all the reading here is that you get questions answered that you didn't know you
had yet ?????? Lots to learn. Great people too !!! enjoy Mike

MtGun44
04-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Welcome, we really do try to be polite and help the new guys and also
learn from the guys that are doing new and interesting stuff, too.

Good place to hang out.

Bill