PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

Mozz
04-03-2013, 03:13 PM
I just picked up, a Rock Chucker in good condition, for £20 ($35/40) and a set of Lee 38 dies for a tenner ($15).
I don’t need the Lee dies as I have a Dillon, I am sure I can trade it for something.
I already have a Lee cast ready and waiting for the little package from BT, just wanted to know if I could us this one as well, saving changing the dies over.
The question is… Can I use this on BT Sniper dies, do I need a modified RAM? I know BT is busy finishing off his/yours/my dies and didn’t really want to bother him with this ‘non technical’ question.
Regards, Mozz

newcastter
04-03-2013, 08:21 PM
You should really ask BT, he is very happy to answer your question it just may be a few days as he is a busy guy but you are not bothering him.

Lizard333
04-03-2013, 11:31 PM
I used to use his dies on my Rockchucker until I got him to make a conversion kit to use his dies on my walnut hill. There are modifications that guys do to their presses, but I never got that far. I'm sure someone will chime in in what to do.

sprinkintime
04-05-2013, 01:31 AM
I just picked up, a Rock Chucker in good condition, for £20 ($35/40) and a set of Lee 38 dies for a tenner ($15).
I don’t need the Lee dies as I have a Dillon, I am sure I can trade it for something.
I already have a Lee cast ready and waiting for the little package from BT, just wanted to know if I could us this one as well, saving changing the dies over.
The question is… Can I use this on BT Sniper dies, do I need a modified RAM? I know BT is busy finishing off his/yours/my dies and didn’t really want to bother him with this ‘non technical’ question.
Regards, Mozz

You really need to get one of BT ejection mods for you RCBS or make one, you will notice the world of difference.
Sprink.

DukeInFlorida
04-05-2013, 05:58 AM
The T-slot style standard ram will start to collapse the T-slot after a while swaging. Makes it difficult to swap out shell holders (reloading), and bottom punches (swaging).

The better solution is to buy/make a replacement ram with a threaded hole in the middle of the top, AND HAVE BT SNIPER PROVIDE threaded bottom punches with his sets.

BT Sniper has provided threaded rams, as has ChuckBuster. I am currenly running a ChuckBuster threaded ram in my swage press (RockChucker). I saved the original ram, to use if I need an additional press for one of my reloading classes.

The only other mod I have had to do is replace the pin that connects the bottom of the ram to the press linkage with a Grade 8 bolt. I got a long bolt, and am using the un-threaded portion under the head. Fits perfect, and will never break, like the factory pin did.

chuckbuster
04-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Thanx Duke for the plug.
I have 2 Rockchucker Rams ready to ship, 1144 Stressproof material, threaded for the swaging punch. $90.00 US includes shipping to USA address. PM me if interested.
Thanx again
Kevin