PDA

View Full Version : Pro 4 Lee pot

45-70 Chevroner
04-03-2013, 12:58 PM
This pot has been a great casting pot for about the last 18 to 20 years. I've had dripping problems, and other minor problems but nothing that was not fixable by some adjustments. I'm not sure what the last problem was, but it would not come on. I thought it was the extension cord so I plugged it into the wall, same problem. My son came over and did some testing with his electrical tester. He said it at least was not burned out. We ended up taking it apart we couldn't see any problems so we put it back together, plugged it in and it worked. I'm not sure what to think of it. What do any of you think might have been the problem?

imashooter2
04-03-2013, 01:37 PM
The themostats on the Lee pots are fussy. You probably jiggled it just right when you took the pot apart and now it is making a connection again. Might want to pull it again, clean the contacts and readjust it.

wyattjames
04-03-2013, 03:41 PM
I had one of my lees do that make sure the female spa de terminal are a snug fit they tend to corrode there also , if its the thermostat they are only a 7 dollar part to replace been the only problems i have had in the last 15 years besides the drippng every now and then

45-70 Chevroner
04-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys. If it happens again I think I will just get a new thermostat (reastat) that is the easiest part to replace.

imashooter2
04-04-2013, 03:52 PM
$8 plus shipping and you can make what you already have brand new with a piece of sand paper, a pair of pliers and a feeler gauge...

Clean up the contacts with the sand paper and then bend the bimetal (the lowest leaf with the printing on it) to provide a .020 gap with the knob turned all the way left (lowest setting). It really is easy...