PDA

View Full Version : Wart

JeffinNZ
04-03-2013, 03:24 AM
Got a dang wart on my foot of all places. Just shy of my little two on the soft, fleshy bit of the foot. I remember having warts on my hands as a teenage and liquid nitrogen treatment. Never again! Any recommendations that won't cripple me?

Hamish
04-03-2013, 03:34 AM
Too bad yer not closer, I do sergery in the pole barn for $5.00 and a covered dish.

gmsharps
04-03-2013, 03:38 AM
I had the liquid nitrogen treatment as a kid also and it was not good. Haven't had any warts in a long time. I had read somehwere recently that putting a small piece of duct tape on the wart would starve it for oxygen and kill it. Don't know if it really works or not but it's cheap and could be worth a try. Not sure how long but I would think a week or so.

gmsharps

dudits
04-03-2013, 03:54 AM
crush up an aspirin and mix with a drop of water. apply to affected area and bandaid it. will take awhile but it will work
the commonly available wart remover is salcylic acid based. aspirin also contains it.
well actually it is a modified salcylic acid but it works

the best and 2nd fastest route is acupuncture. within a few treatments it will fall out. have had a few planters warts removed this way.
the acupuncturist will do a star of needles usually 5 around the wart.

fastest route, battery acid

tomme boy
04-03-2013, 03:58 AM
I just grab them with pliers and cut them off with a razor. Had a planters on my foot that felt like I was pulling it out all the way to my knee. That one hurt real bad!

missionary5155
04-03-2013, 04:26 AM
Good morning
Removed my first wart with my Buck 101 while sitting in the tank commander turret cupolo while in Germany about 73. That left a good blood trail. My left didget finger print still looks odd.
Moved on to Battery acid as my cure. Far less painful and you will not need to explain to any LT's why all the blood on the turret floor. Use a squared off wood or plastic dipper. Put the drops in the center of the wart. In the morning and evening are my application times. Has a pleasant aroma that draws vultures and possums. My wife shrinks at the usage ??
Mike in Peru

Bad Water Bill
04-03-2013, 05:46 AM
Too bad yer not closer, I do sergery in the pole barn for $5.00 and a covered dish.

Are you still using that cold chisel and mash hammer thing out there. :bigsmyl2:

When I was in the OLD Navy we used a pocket knife and dug in around the perimeter then pop it out. :evil:

Cactus Farmer
04-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Good morning
Has a pleasant aroma that draws vultures and possums.
Mike in Peru

Well, I'm awake now! You have possums down there?

farmerjim
04-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Use a soldering gun. High heat and burn deep. Faster than anything else.

Freightman
04-03-2013, 09:29 AM
I used battery acid, worked ok but on your foot not sure.

imashooter2
04-03-2013, 09:35 AM
A drop of vinegar and cover with a little square of duct tape. Does the same thing as the aspirin and bandaid.

bruce drake
04-03-2013, 10:02 AM
I'd go with the Liquid Nitrogen myself. One or two treatments and its gone.

nicholst55
04-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Repeated applications of Hydrogen Peroxide will kill them. I've also read that duct taping a small slice of garlic over the wart will kill them, but I haven't tried that one yet.

farmerjim
04-03-2013, 10:22 AM
one grain of BP injected below the wart and a short fuse.

frkelly74
04-03-2013, 10:30 AM
I vote for the Compound W type treatment. No blood, No pain, Very little mess.

waynem34
04-03-2013, 10:36 AM

LMAO I can see it now.BOoooMMMMmm!!!!

waksupi
04-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Jeff, see if you can find some carbolic salve. I have a homemade concoction I used on one recently. In about a week it was gone, no trace left.

RayinNH
04-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Have you tried to shoot it off. Be sure not to flinch. :kidding:

tommag
04-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Soaking the foot in 104 degree (fahrenheit) water for 30 minutes works. You need to have a thermometer and hot water to add to keep the temp at 104. If I recall correctly, a virus causes the wart and 104 is the right temp to kill it.
Got this from a radio show Dr. years ago and tried it. It works.

Whiterabbit
04-03-2013, 11:25 AM
I vote for the Compound W type treatment. No blood, No pain, Very little mess.

Bingo. salycylic acid. Takes forever but is painless and works.

Time or money or pain, pick one. I'll take time. I have it.

snuffy
04-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Warts ARE caused by a virus. One thing that works is x-rays. I had a bumper crop of warts on my hands as a kid. Our old country doc used his x-ray machine with a lead mask that only let the wart show through a hole in it. A short burst of x-rays, the wart shrunk and disappeared. BUT they were back about 2 months later!

Seems they would have to be shot again to MAYBE get rid of them permanently. Doc said to use the compound W, since they were smaller, it took less time to burn them off.

I have a plantar s wart on my foot behind my big toe. My VA podiatrist wants to freeze it off. I declined, it seldom bothers me so I'll put that off for now. I have my toenails trimmed every 4 months, (the older I get, the further away those toenails get), the girl uses the dremel tool that they use to smooth the nails to knock the high tops off the wart, keeps it in check.

MtGun44
04-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Compound W is a salicylic acid in a binder liquid. Paint it on twice a day, eventually
it dies and goes away. Only had one, many years ago, worked well but too a while.

Bill

dakotashooter2
04-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Bingo. salycylic acid. Takes forever but is painless and works.

Time or money or pain, pick one. I'll take time. I have it.

My doctor told me this is more effective if your scrape/ cut the top layer of skin. Of course it isn'tso painless then...
I have one that got rooted so deep I just cant get rid of it. Fortunatly it's small.

JeffinNZ
04-03-2013, 05:18 PM
I can tell most of you are much tougher than I!!!!

Carving it out is a bit more than I can stomach I think. Sorry Bruce; after MANY treatments of liquid nitrogen and the associated blisters on my hands I will not do that to the sole of my foot - will interrupt my running!

captain-03
04-03-2013, 05:26 PM

I like this one ^^^^!!

Duckiller
04-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Lazers! #2 son had one on his foot. Dr came in ready to use a lazer to burn off. Son had just seen Luke Skywalker loose his arm to a light sabre. No way was that lazer getting near my son's foot. Another appointment and parents explaining about lazers got it burned and scraped off. Did not come back.

Stonecrusher
04-03-2013, 05:44 PM
I just grab them with pliers and cut them off with a razor. Had a planters on my foot that felt like I was pulling it out all the way to my knee. That one hurt real bad!

Tomme, you and I must have gone to the same medical school. My wife thinks I'm brain dead when I do things like that. But hey, it works!

bruce drake
04-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Than I would recommend the boiling water route then...hold it in until the skin tone goes gray... ;)

Jeff Michel
04-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Formaldehyde/formulin, same thing. Works on planter and regular warts. Just paint it on.

41 mag fan
04-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Had one burned off back in the 90's. Unfortunatley it was the same day my daughter was to come home from being born. I got the nitrogen treatment, almost cried it hurt so bad. Limped out to my old beater Cutlass, turned the key and the tumbler broke. Had to call my mother to come get my wife and daughter, I had to limp the 2 miles to the hospital. Talk about pain!!

daniel lawecki
04-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Had a wart on finger once my Uncle Charlie told me to rub an onion on it an bury the onion. Never had the wart on my index finger again.

brotherdarrell
04-03-2013, 08:16 PM
I have removed two, one from the base of my right thumb and the other from just below the joint of my left index finger. Get a piece of dry ice and trim it to match the wart. Place on wart until frozen hard. Pull out with pliers. The bleeding will stop eventually.

scottiemom
04-03-2013, 08:22 PM
sounds like plantars warts. they are painful little buggers. you have to get the root out or they will grow back. trust me on this!! best thing - go get them cut out, the topical stuff doesn't do much good IMHO anyway.

km101
04-03-2013, 08:32 PM
148gr. WC over 3.5gr Bullseye in a .38 Spl. As noted above: DONT flinch! :Fire:

But for a more sane treatment the Compound W liquid available at the pharmacy is safer and just as effective.

KYCaster
04-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Here you go.....advice from the experts........

WARTS - How to Cure

"Say -- what is dead cats good for, Huck?"

"Good for? Cure warts with."

"No! Is that so? I know something that's better."

"I bet you don't. What is it?"

"Why, spunk-water. . . You got to go all by yourself, to the middle of the woods, where you know there's a spunk-water stump, and just as it's midnight you back up against the stump and jam your hand in and say:

'Barley-corn, barley-corn, injun-meal shorts,
Spunk-water, spunk-water, swaller these warts,'

and then walk away quick, eleven steps, with your eyes shut, and then turn around three times and walk home without speaking to anybody. Because if you speak the charm's busted. . .Sometimes I take 'em off with a bean."

"Yes, bean's good. I've done that."

"Have you? What's your way?"

"You take and split the bean, and cut the wart so as to get some blood, and then you put the blood on one piece of the bean and take and dig a hole and bury it 'bout midnight at the crossroads in the dark of the moon, and then you burn up the rest of the bean. You see that piece that's got the blood on it will keep drawing and drawing, trying to fetch the other piece to it, and so that helps the blood to draw the wart, and pretty soon off she comes."

"Yes, that's it, Huck -- that's it; though when you're burying it if you say 'Down bean; off wart; come no more to bother me!' it's better. That's the way Joe Harper does, and he's been nearly to Coonville and most everywheres. But say -- how do you cure 'em with dead cats?"

"Why, you take your cat and go and get in the graveyard 'long about midnight when somebody that was wicked has been buried; and when it's midnight a devil will come, or maybe two or three, but you can't see 'em, you can only hear something like the wind, or maybe hear 'em talk; and when they're taking that feller away, you heave your cat after 'em and say, 'Devil follow corpse, cat follow devil, warts follow cat, I'm done with ye!' That'll fetch any wart."
- Adventures of Tom Sawyer

Let us know how it works.
Jerry

1Shirt
04-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Ole Sam Clemins sure has a way with words!
1Shirt!

Idaho Mule
04-03-2013, 10:23 PM
I happen to be medically trained so would be glad to help you out. The operation would only take a couple minutes, two shots of good whiskey and a short recovery time. I will be available for surgery tomorrow at 10:00 AM, just after I finish a small abcess removal on the neighbor's cow. Should be relatively painless and not take long at all. Please call BR-549 for appointment and I will schedule you right in. JW

Mk42gunner
04-03-2013, 11:02 PM
sounds like plantars warts. they are painful little buggers. you have to get the root out or they will grow back. trust me on this!! best thing - go get them cut out, the topical stuff doesn't do much good IMHO anyway.

I agree. Get to a good podiatrist and have it cut out. I had a Plantars wart on the ball of my foot once. The contract doc liked getting the consulting fees from the Navy a bit too much to cut the dang thing out like I asked the first time I saw her.

I used the acid treatment for about four months, in pain with every step. When she finally agreed to cut it out and stuck that huge needle in my foot, the pain went away. I believe she used both electric sparks and silver nitrate to kill the root. Regardless, it hasn't came back in 20+ years.

Let me make this clear, get to a doctor.

Robert

Duzy
04-04-2013, 12:51 AM
My old grandpappy used to cut a small slit in the top of his wart and then insert a single chrystal of Drano, that stuff would destroy the wart in short order.

elkhuntfever
04-04-2013, 05:33 AM
I have had two Seed warts in my life. One on my heel and one in my eyebrow. Both were pulled out with tweezers by me. It just took time. I hate going to the DR.

EMC45
04-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Had a few when I was a kid. Bit them off or dug them out with a pocket knife. Had one on the tip of my middle finger while I was in Haiti with the Navy. Used a mini pair of pliers to pull it out. Kept scraping it off and it kept coming back. Not until I got the root out did it go away for good. My daughter has one right in the middle of her palm. She dug at it and it went away. Came back in about a month. Need to get to the root.

starbits
04-04-2013, 02:54 PM
When I was a teenager, long long ago, I removed a couple warts by heating the head of a pin red hot and burning the wart out. No nerves in the wart so just stink and sizzle at first. However getting the root was not fun. Wouldn't recommend it, but it was fast and effective.

Starbits

Blacksmith
04-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Had one burned off my foot as a kid the doc used something like a soldering iron but he numbed it first wasn't bad. Had one on my thumb a few years ago and that one I dug out myself. I sure wish I had known about stump water instead.

JeffinNZ
04-04-2013, 05:32 PM
I started with the salicylic acid last evening. Will keep on it.

Have lots of 'dry ice' at work. Might be worth a crack if nothing else.

The black powder is looking attractive! ;-)

dagger dog
04-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Jeff,

I wonder if you should use FFFFg FFFg FFg Cannon or Cartridge, or maybe Swiss 'cause it doesn't foul as bad ? I wouldn't reccommend Pyrodex if you're around a lot of water, might get some corrosion around the toenails !

Mods you can move this to the BPC or ML forum if needed!

376Steyr
04-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Maybe it was just a coincidence, but this worked for me once as a kid: Paint the top of the wart with nail polish. This cuts off the air to the wart. Maintain the coating for about two weeks, until the wart scabs over, and then peel the polish and wart off, which leaves a small divot in the skin. It has the advantage of not being painful or overly dangerous.

Plate plinker
04-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Stay away from freezing. It's ineffective and painful. Burn it or try to asphxiate the thing.

firefly1957
04-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Jeff i have had two warts in my life i tried everything above except the laser and xrays what eventually worked was the sap from a milkweed plant if i remember correctly i put it on twice a day and covered with a bandage. This cure came from either Paul Harvey or a news paper article.

Flinchrock
04-04-2013, 09:33 PM

That's what I do, I use my "made from a straight razor" patch knife.

geargnasher
04-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Sounds like a plantar wart, I'd follow Scottiemom and Mk42gunner's advice. Those things are shaped like corkscrews and go very deep, the topical stuff isn't going to do much good.

Gear

GaryN
04-05-2013, 01:32 AM
I had a plantars wart in the arch of my foot when I was little. It was about a half an inch across. The doctor cut it out with a knife after he deadened my foot. Didn't feel too bad after the shot. I did have a large divit in my foot for a while until it healed.