Also any need to lube for just sizing ?

Lee Collet
RCBS
Redding
Lyman

dromia
04-03-2013, 04:09 AM
Lee Collet.

Great design and idea however being Lee it is let down by poor finish to meet a price point so you will need to be prepared to do some polishing and fettling before it will work as advertised.

No lube needed.

Sensai
04-03-2013, 06:16 AM
I agree, Lee. At that price point I can do a little polishing. Besides, I think it's the best design going. You may want to get a larger diameter mandrel for your cast boolits. Lee will sell you what you need for cheap. The standard mandrel works well for jwords.

04-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Lee collet die.

If you have an inside micrometer, and ignore the instructions, you can adjust the die to get whatever inside diameter you want. Minimal squeeze, minimal expanding.

1hole
04-03-2013, 11:28 AM
I tried a Lee collet soon after they came out, just wanted to see how they worked. Soon replaced all of my conventional neck dies and only use collets.

If you're mechanical at all you can slighly modify the collet's fingers to leave a slight mouth flare to seat cast easily. I run a drill mounted tapered/cone shape grinding tool into the top of my collets so the last few thou of neck lenght is left unsized. That leavers a sufficent flare to accept the base of any bullet, not just cast.

IF you want to crimp, Lee's collet type rifle FCD is also the best design of its type - IF it's adjusted correctly.

remy3424
04-03-2013, 12:31 PM
+1 on the Lee Collet die, it has almost eliminated case trimming in all my varmint shooting calibers, these are j-word shootin, but that shouldn't matter. One of these day I will throw boolits at the p-dawgs and it will be a happy day! Maybe next year...been saying that for 2 years now.