PDA

View Full Version : 223 Grade III brass..........

Tazman1602
04-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Back in stock at Midway, just ordered some but be fast. 04/02/2013 @0943

Found these at Midway this morning, grade III so they'll need some work but still available.............

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/191614/once-fired-reloading-brass-556x45mm-nato-lake-city-headstamp-grade-3-bag-of-500?cm_cat=CheckoutConfirm&cm_pla=ProductDescrip (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/191614/once-fired-reloading-brass-556x45mm-nato-lake-city-headstamp-grade-3-bag-of-500?cm_cat=CheckoutConfirm&cm_pla=ProductDescrip)

Art

pipehand
04-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Wow. That's $140 a thousand for unprocessed brass off a military range, that we've already paid for once. I feel real old remembering $40/k cleaned and processed. I also feel stupid for not having picked up every .223 case I could over the last 30 years.

Tazman1602
04-05-2013, 03:34 PM
DON'T BUY IT. MINE JUST CAME IN. NOT WORTH THE MONEY. DAMN PRIMERS ARE CRIMPED AND I CAN SEE AT LEAST 10 DESTROYED CASES RIGHT OFF THE BAT.

Art

Love Life
04-05-2013, 04:00 PM
It's LC nato brass. I thought the primers were supposed to be crimped.

zuke
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Pretty much self explanitory.

"Product Information
MidwayUSA has teamed up with one of the leading distributers of recycled brass in North America to bring in this Grade 3 once-fired brass. This brass is once-fired and comes from military ranges; there may be dings, dents and/or slight imperfections found on the cases. Cases should be inspected for non-usable cases before reloading. Majority of these flaws can be easily removed upon resizing or will be shot out upon the first firing. This brass has not been cleaned or re-sized and must be full-length sized and trimmed before loading the first time. Grade 3 Brass has not been cleaned, deprimed or sized. Brass is sold as-is."

Tazman1602
04-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Don't be a smart aleck. I was trying to save members some hassle. No where in that does it state primers are crimped. And I know it was sold as-is I am not stupid.

Art

Love Life
04-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Who was being a smart aleck?

zuke
04-07-2013, 05:20 AM
MidwayUSA has teamed up with one of the leading distributers of recycled brass in North America to bring in this Grade 3 once-fired brass. This brass is once-fired and comes from military ranges; there may be dings, dents and/or slight imperfections found on the cases. Cases should be inspected for non-usable cases before reloading. Majority of these flaws can be easily removed upon resizing or will be shot out upon the first firing. This brass has not been cleaned or re-sized and must be full-length sized and trimmed before loading the first time. Grade 3 Brass has not been cleaned, deprimed or sized. Brass is sold as-is.

Personally I don't mind the crimp. Most guy's pass on it so it's alway's cheaper.
The local PD here uses Winchester headstamped ammo and it's all crimped, so no one want's it so no one pick's it up,except me.

Tazman1602
04-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Who was being a smart aleck?

You know Love, probably me myself and I. I've been hassling with my 80 year old dads stuff that the movers busted all to hell when they brought it here from N.C. and I was just in a bad mood that day.

VERY SORRY if I offended anyone.......................but don't buy the brass (it's gone now anyway) unless you want to deal with the crimped primers.

Art

zuke
04-08-2013, 06:56 AM
I pick up that brass at a local outdoor range, out of the dirt and mud.Some of it's prestine other's not so much.
After reloading my fill I now have 2/3 of a garbage can full of this brass going to the recycler's when the snow melt's. But I'll be back out there to "recycle" what I can.