PDA

View Full Version : Growing old

Tom-ADC
04-01-2013, 02:37 PM
I just received the note and link below from an old friend and shipmate. Click on the you tube link in his note.

I feel the need to take advantage of times and things like these when I get them http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?feature=player_embedded&v=FgBF3sIPm4c and send them on to you because there will come a time that [I] probably won't remember who the heck you are.

This Alzheimer's thingy really bites a big one but as (for those of you who may remember her) Roseanna Roseanna Danna would say "if it ain't something it's something else."

I find the fact that I am one of (as my dear dear [kissing] cousin, Mary Kathryn, would call it) 'Uncle Al's friends' is still funny and makes me feel special 'cause I am one of the chosen ones; after all, not everybody gets to have it.

With a whole *** load of love,

(Some of you know what this means .. Others, it is one of the memories that I hope I never forget.)

Just another [old deck-ape] swinging from the hook with 60 fathoms at the waters-edge .. No strain, Buoy watching!

Joe :-)

Shooter
04-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Gettin' old ain't for sissys!

km101
04-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Gettin' old aint fun, but it sure beats the alternative!! One of the worst parts of gettin' old is all the time you have to spend in the Dr's office!

Tom-ADC
04-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Joe is a retired Master Chief Bosunmate and a LDO LT. but slowly but surely the affects of Alzheimer's is taking he from us, he knows it and is fighting as best he can but its a scary road to have to go down.

xs11jack
04-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Like you said, Old age ain't for sissys. sometime when I go to the supermarket with my wife, I see an old timer, alone, buying a couple of quarts of cheap booze and nothing else. I just know in my heart that the old age life has defeated him or her. And I say a little prayer for them. I am so thankful to the Lord that he gave me a good woman and the strenght to keep going.
Jack

Bad Water Bill
04-02-2013, 08:25 AM
TOM

Thanks for posting the video. I am going to send that great video to several of my senior friends.

I understand about your friends illness. My dad had it and never really realized he was looking at his only grandson when Steve was born.

It broke my mothers heart when she visited the home and he introduced her to others there as "MY GIRLFRIEND". They were married 63 years at that time.

dakotashooter2
04-02-2013, 05:12 PM
It's suprising what the memory does and doesn't remember. My wifes uncle remembered me long after he forgot who she and 2 of the other 4 sibling were............

My instructions are to set me on an ice flow and tell me I'm going ice fishing.............................