PDA

View Full Version : Mypin TA4 PID Question

Cane_man
04-01-2013, 11:28 AM
i am putting together a temp controller for my Lee 4-20, and i am using the Mypin TA4 PID... got most of the setup for the PID figured out except the temperature offset... what this feature does is correct the temp if your TC is a slightly off either high or low... my TC reads a few degrees low, so i need to set the "Input Offset Parameter" to a -2.5 degrees, but i can't figure out how to set a negative temp in the unit... anyone know how to make the offeset temp a negative number?

Cane_man
04-03-2013, 09:13 PM
sent the question to the manufacturer, not holding my breath for a reply

Lee W
04-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I do not think it has an offset...

A manual, may not be the newest.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5ffKmk8JZOwM3hBeEZzdUF5LTQ/edit?pli=1

Cane_man
04-03-2013, 09:46 PM
i have the manual, it does has an offset, its the "Puf" control located in the main menu... but thanks anyway, appreciate it

ratboy
04-14-2013, 09:25 PM
send a pm to frozone. he works with mypin controllers and is familiar with the programming. he was working on a non-chinglish manual for them but i am not sure if he has completed it. he helped me with mine a little while ago when i was having issues with it.

Cane_man
04-14-2013, 09:47 PM
^^^ tried that!

i just make the set temp 2 degrees higher than what it should be to compensate... no biggie i can live with it...

the PID works wonderfully, for both casting and lubing

Frozone
04-15-2013, 02:34 AM
I have been in touch with Mypin recently.

They are a little 'embarrassed'. In fact they won't answer me right now.
It seems there is a bug in the PvF setting ;-)

You can't set a negative. They were rather shocked to discover this.
When ever they find an 'oops' and there was one other recently.
< they did a board revision and miffed on the connections. Shipments were on hold for a month while they fixed a few 1000 units >
They go silent. I think it's a hold over from the bad old commie days.
It's better to say nothing then admit a screwup.

The 'good' news is the unit very rarely needs a negative -the error, if there is one, is by far the other way.

6bg6ga
06-19-2013, 06:56 AM
Trying to get a TA4 setup correctly. Have the ambient set correctly but the actual temp when heated is off. The manual doesn't quite cut it. Any help would be appreciated.