PDA

View Full Version : Broke gun! need help!

Blammer
08-25-2007, 10:46 PM
I have a Winchester 94, in 357 mag.

was at the range and it jammed when opening after the shot, the lever only went down about 1/2 way, the spent case fell down in the recess, and the next cartrige went back into the action like it would if to be picked up for the next shot.

while fiddling with it a spring came out with the spent case and the last live one.

worked action one time, and upon opening saw a piece inside that weren't suppose to be there, dumped it out.

Stopped shooting cause this can't be good.

Here is a pic of the spring and the part.

Any ideas on what it is?

anyone have exploded diagram I could look at? I can't find one anywhere, but will keep trying.

Here is the pic.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/blammer8mm/DSCN5893.jpg

Jon K
08-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Blammer,

That is the back end of the lifter. Try Numrich Gun Parts, or Jack First.

I recently bought parts from both. Right now parts for Winchesters are "Whatever the market will bear".

Jon

:castmine:

Trailblazer
08-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Are you sure? It looks like the front end of the ejector and that looks like an ejector spring.

I guess the 357 has some kind of fancy lifter that I have never seen so it could be a lifter part.

Tycer
08-26-2007, 09:32 AM
It's the ejector and it is broken. There should be a rod about the size of pencil lead coming off it.

U341850310 EJECTOR, 357 MAGNUM $4.00

Still available from Winchester.

C A Plater
08-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Looks like most of the ejector to me too. Easy to tell by looking at the bolt face and if the ejector slot is empty, it's the culprit. Repair is not difficult but some disassembly required.

Blammer
08-26-2007, 01:50 PM
THANKS!

It is definitely the extractor!

At the time in, while at the shooting range, I opted to not look at it and just put it away and shoot something else.

After looking at it and with you guy's help, it's definitely the extractor. Tested it today and YEP, case won't eject.

Now to get a new one and put it in.

Thanks again!

Trailblazer
08-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Just make sure you buy an EJECTOR - not an extractor.

Blammer
08-27-2007, 10:18 AM
ahhh! thanks!