PDA

View Full Version : How to remove forearm - Marlin 36-A

garandsrus
08-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi,

How do I remove the forearm on a Marlin 36-A. I want to take it off so that I can clean underneath it and treat any rust/pitting that might be underneath it. The rifle had some minor pitting on the barrel when I got it.

I removed the end cap :) but the forearm can't slide forward and doesn't just pull off.

I thought I would ask before I broke it...

Thanks,
John

Denver
08-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Hi,

How do I remove the forearm on a Marlin 36-A. I want to take it off so that I can clean underneath it and treat any rust/pitting that might be underneath it. The rifle had some minor pitting on the barrel when I got it.

I removed the end cap :) but the forearm can't slide forward and doesn't just pull off.

I thought I would ask before I broke it...

Thanks,
John

John,

If the forend has a cap instead of a barrel band, You will have to remove the mag tube to get the forend off. The forend has to tip outward from the barrel to clear the hanger that holds the wood in place. It's something you want to be careful with to keep from damaging the wood. Not real difficult, but be aware.

Good luck, Ron

garandsrus
08-29-2007, 12:37 AM
Ron,

Thank you very much... The process worked as you described and it's already put back together.

John