PDA

View Full Version : People acting like animals

Swamp Man
03-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Went to wal-mart earlier this morning little before 7 am to pick up a spool of Trilene 4# test to spool one of my ultra-lite reels I plane on using in a few days. Well all hell broke loose there was 7-8 guys at the ammo case when I passed by waiting. They started going at it when the guy told them he only had 4 100 count boxes of 223 and the first guy bought 3 of them. There was 4 guys bowing up at each other because they all wanted 223 and then they all turned on the guy that bought 3 boxes. I thought they were going to fight over them right there in the store I just past on by shacking my head. :lol:

RobS
03-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Supply and Demand..............and then the extreme side of things :coffeecom

Charlie Two Tracks
03-31-2013, 10:07 AM
That is sad but not surprising. Courtesy is not common anymore. I don't want to even imagine what things would be like if a disaster ever happened. A few people know that I reload. It is not something that I advertise in my area. The unprepared will be quite dangerous.

bob208
03-31-2013, 10:11 AM
i could go on a long rant about how people don't think any farther then the right now. but it would do no good. there is another site i was on and a guy was crying about stupd horders. i said i may be stupd but i have ammo and you don't.

Swamp Man
03-31-2013, 10:15 AM
They were all younger guys from maybe 19-25 so it wasn't to shocking to me. Poor guy that was behind they counter looked like it wasn't anything new to him.

Harter66
03-31-2013, 10:31 AM
HEADLINE NEWS
Shoot out follows ammo rationing,police credit lack of practice for only minor injuries.............

Sure glad i don't have to duke it out for that lil'bitty ammo

Olevern
03-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Wait til the grocery supply system fails if/when we have a greek level financial meltdown, that little unpleasantness will seem mild when the scarce commodity is foodstuffs.

gofastman
03-31-2013, 10:48 AM
another reason to not shop at walmart

captaint
03-31-2013, 10:52 AM
I haven't been in a Wally store in 6 months. AND, I have no intention on going anytime soon - for
ammo or anything else. I simply don't like the way they do business. Mike

Jim
03-31-2013, 10:56 AM
Wait til the grocery supply system fails if/when we have a greek level financial meltdown, that little unpleasantness will seem mild when the scarce commodity is foodstuffs.

You got THAT right! :shock:

snuffy
03-31-2013, 11:47 AM
I seldom buy factory ammo, but out of curiosity I walked past the ammo case at wally world. There was a guy there that was sadly looking at what little was in there, I said, I reload so I had all I needed. He said he had thought of it, now he was going to get into it. My comment was, now is not a good time, components are as hard to get as loaded ammo! The loading machines themselves are out of stock. He was not surprised, his next question was would I sell some of my reloads? My answer was no, it's illegal without a pile of permits, and licenses. He was NOT happy!:x

rockrat
03-31-2013, 12:01 PM
Probably the guys that were about to get into a fight were going to re-sell it at a much higher price. They were upset over losing out on their profit.

You can probaby bet that those that lost out, would have bought 3 boxes and not given it a second thought about the others

Boerrancher
03-31-2013, 12:02 PM

Well fellas, when My State Senator starts talking openly about the collapse of the US Dollar at his town hall meetings, because it is removed as the worlds reserve currency, you know that bad times are coming sooner or later, and I believe it is much sooner than many would care to envision. If you don't have the components to do at least 10K of ammo stored up then you are going to be S.O.L. If you only have a couple hundred rounds you are in trouble. I have personally burned through 210 rounds, the basic combat load, in a matter of minutes in a tight situation. I never went outside the wire with out a min of 3x the basic combat load for my entire command dispersed in several vehicles. Ammo goes fast when others are shooting at you and you are shooting back. You can brag about how well you can shoot all you want, but when bullets are popping all around you, and your adrenalin is pouring into your blood stream by the buckets full. The fine motor skills needed for pin point accuracy or even remote accuracy goes out the window. That is just the facts. Toss in the screams of the wounded and dyeing and you have the makings of the wost possible situation for accuracy.

Folks can whine and complain about hording, but I bought what I have in times of plenty, because history tells us that there are fat and lean times. If you are not smart enough to stock up in the fat times, don't complain about not having anything in the lean times. I hear guys throwing fits at the LGS because there is no 22 ammo to be had. I have lots of 22 LR, because when the bulk packs were plentiful I would buy at least one a month, because I ran out when 0 was first elected and I didn't want it to happen again. Not having ammo hurt. Like the old saying goes, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me." Every spare penny went to components and 22LR, and now I am the bad guy according to some because I remembered Slick Willie, and 0's first run, because I was smart enough to stock up when there was plenty? The way I see it I am not the fool.

I have found that many folks who are complaining about not having ammo are the same ones who voted Democrat in the last election. Fools drinking the cool aid, and I can't feel a bit of sorrow for them. I sure hope they can eat the promises they got from those they voted for.

Joe

Love Life
03-31-2013, 12:02 PM
I was in Walmart yesterday. Duck brand packing tape was on sale for $1.00 a roll. I bought some and was happy. On the way out I bought some skittles.

That is all.

montana_charlie
03-31-2013, 12:16 PM
On the way out I bought some skittles.
That is all.
Skittles?
Were you wearing a hoodie?

Love Life
03-31-2013, 12:18 PM
No hoodie, but I was wearing a T-shirt with a pocket on it. They (Skittles) were on sale for $.50 a bag. Hard to pass that one up.

runfiverun
03-31-2013, 12:32 PM
sides that skittles are fast and have low wind resistance.

I haven't been to a walmart in over a month, so I have no ammunition report.
I did hear I could buy 100 rounds of 22 mag ammo for slightly more than the rifle and scope cost.

frkelly74
03-31-2013, 01:11 PM
I had to go to Walmart. No where else takes their Sams Club pop cans back.

Freightman
03-31-2013, 01:17 PM
People are acting like animals, I like animals don't insult them!!!! animals are a lot nicer! :lol:

GOPHER SLAYER
03-31-2013, 01:29 PM
You want to see animals dressed as people? Go to a Rose Parade sometime.

Idaho Mule
03-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Nicely said Freightman. My take is that people are a lot like rats. Ever see a population of rats explode?? Things get scarce, all the food is gone. The rats form gangs and hang with their gang. They then attack and kill the other gangs and eat them. It's really kinda cool to watch. Might be sad to say but I think we are closer to that than most people believe. JW

Superfly
03-31-2013, 01:46 PM
I really am glad i live in the north The cold keeps the targets slow and or frozen with stupidity

P.K.
03-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Hmmmmmm, I went by a Wally World yesterday, same situation ammo wise. Couple of good 'ole boys bemoaning the ammo shortage. I strolled by and picked up some more 300 ct .177 pellets for the air rifle. 1200 pellets for $12.00. Now to see if I can find a mould for them....:bigsmyl2:

Swamp Man
03-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Hmmmmmm, I went by a Wally World yesterday, same situation ammo wise. Couple of good 'ole boys bemoaning the ammo shortage. I strolled by and picked up some more 300 ct .177 pellets for the air rifle. 1200 pellets for $12.00. Now to see if I can find a mould for them....:bigsmyl2:
So I'm not the only one that's stocked up on the critter getters? I have enough 22. cal pellets to hunt small game for the rest of my life and I nice stock of 177 that I don't use to often.

P.K.
03-31-2013, 02:37 PM
So I'm not the only one that's stocked up on the critter getters? I have enough 22. cal pellets to hunt small game for the rest of my life and I nice stock of 177 that I don't use to often.

Nope, I chuckle whenever folks turn their noses up at air rifles...Although I'll never tell them that you can do a few things with one you would never be able to do with a regular firearm. Not to mention what some of the larger bores are capable of. ;-)

dakotashooter2
03-31-2013, 02:45 PM
I think If I were the sales person I would have closed the ammo cabinet and said get the hell out of here. Threatening or violent behavior is a good reason not to sell someone ammo, so he would have had a legitimate excuse..........

Chicken Thief
03-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Well fellas, when My State Senator starts talking openly about the collapse of the US Dollar at his town hall meetings, because it is removed as the worlds reserve currency, you know that bad times are coming sooner or later, and I believe it is much sooner than many would care to envision. If you don't have the components to do at least 10K of ammo stored up then you are going to be S.O.L. If you only have a couple hundred rounds you are in trouble. I have personally burned through 210 rounds, the basic combat load, in a matter of minutes in a tight situation. I never went outside the wire with out a min of 3x the basic combat load for my entire command dispersed in several vehicles. Ammo goes fast when others are shooting at you and you are shooting back. You can brag about how well you can shoot all you want, but when bullets are popping all around you, and your adrenalin is pouring into your blood stream by the buckets full. The fine motor skills needed for pin point accuracy or even remote accuracy goes out the window. That is just the facts. Toss in the screams of the wounded and dyeing and you have the makings of the wost possible situation for accuracy.

Folks can whine and complain about hording, but I bought what I have in times of plenty, because history tells us that there are fat and lean times. If you are not smart enough to stock up in the fat times, don't complain about not having anything in the lean times. I hear guys throwing fits at the LGS because there is no 22 ammo to be had. I have lots of 22 LR, because when the bulk packs were plentiful I would buy at least one a month, because I ran out when 0 was first elected and I didn't want it to happen again. Not having ammo hurt. Like the old saying goes, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me." Every spare penny went to components and 22LR, and now I am the bad guy according to some because I remembered Slick Willie, and 0's first run, because I was smart enough to stock up when there was plenty? The way I see it I am not the fool.

I have found that many folks who are complaining about not having ammo are the same ones who voted Democrat in the last election. Fools drinking the cool aid, and I can't feel a bit of sorrow for them. I sure hope they can eat the promises they got from those they voted for.

Joe

Since English is my thierd language i sometimes miss on some of the acronyms you Americans are so fond of, so please enlighten a foringer.
S.O.L. = ?
LGS = ?

jcwit
03-31-2013, 03:07 PM
Going to WalMart later today, want to buy one of those Flex Garden Hoses, AKA Pocket Hose, to see if its all it cracked up to be. Nice thing about WalMart if it isn't I have 30 days to return it with no questions asked. Plus the price is lower than on TV.

WalMart Ammo? No need to even look, got more ammo than I'll ever need and no reason for me to be a make believe dealer using a retail outlet as my wholesaler.

M Hicks
03-31-2013, 03:15 PM
S.O.L. = sh!t out of luck

LGS = local gun shop

Since English is my thierd language i sometimes miss on some of the acronyms you Americans are so fond of, so please enlighten a foringer.
S.O.L. = ?
LGS = ?

Chicken Thief
03-31-2013, 03:24 PM
Thank you Sir!

Sometimes i feel like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_aiDDU5z18

Swamp Man
03-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Nope, I chuckle whenever folks turn their noses up at air rifles...Although I'll never tell them that you can do a few things with one you would never be able to do with a regular firearm. Not to mention what some of the larger bores are capable of. ;-)Yep I got a few in .22 that I truly believe would stop a 250# two legged pest. Some of those big bore will make you think twice about air rifles once you shoot one.

LUBEDUDE
03-31-2013, 05:44 PM
Thank you Sir!

Sometimes i feel like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_aiDDU5z18

Have to listen twice to catch it all since I'm Laughing through it!

dakotashooter2
03-31-2013, 08:25 PM
I've seriously considered a good air rifle, the holdup is they seem to be heavier than a box of lead...............................

P.K.
03-31-2013, 08:51 PM
I've seriously considered a good air rifle, the holdup is they seem to be heavier than a box of lead...............................

Some of the larger bore stuff is and some of the pricier stuff isn't, you just need to lug your own canned air to charge them. One I just picked up for a knockabout is a Gamo model for the kids to learn with. About a 100 clams, will dent sheet at 50 yds and is murder on tree rats. ;-)

ryan28
03-31-2013, 09:09 PM
I would like a report on the garden hose if you got time. Looking at those myself.
Going to WalMart later today, want to buy one of those Flex Garden Hoses, AKA Pocket Hose, to see if its all it cracked up to be. Nice thing about WalMart if it isn't I have 30 days to return it with no questions asked. Plus the price is lower than on TV.

WalMart Ammo? No need to even look, got more ammo than I'll ever need and no reason for me to be a make believe dealer using a retail outlet as my wholesaler.

BD
03-31-2013, 10:25 PM
"Society" is but a very fine veneer on humanity, and it wears thin very quickly under stress. Best prepare for it.
BD

Swamp Man
04-08-2013, 11:29 AM

Your best bet for small game is a good springer gun/break barrel Gamo,Beeman both make good springer air rifles. My air rifle of choice are Beeman in .22 cal. Both Beeman and Gamo have rifles that start around $100 and up. There is a wide range of rifles styles and cal to fit just about any users needs.

jcwit
04-08-2013, 11:56 AM
I would like a report on the garden hose if you got time. Looking at those myself.

I have a thread started on this, titled "Pocket Hose". Just made a post so it should be near the top.

nagantguy
04-08-2013, 02:05 PM
your words sum up my thoughts exactly. well said sir. Im of the opinion to buy a "lifetime supply" when you can. also very true about how fast ammo goes in a fight, and the lack of combat accuracy in combat. wont tell details but once saw 60 rounds fired in a few seconds at room distance and when the smoke cleared there was only seven hits on bad guy.