PDA

View Full Version : E-Bay & GunsAmerica

klw
08-25-2007, 01:33 PM
It seems to me that there are potential problems with E-Bay and GunsAmerica. E-Bay, I gather, is dropping most gun related items like mould blocks and powder measures. GunsAmerica "upgraded" their software a while back and I, at least, don't think that the new version works all that well.

So there would seem to be a place for E-Bay like sales of reloading equipment and GunsAmerica like listing of firearms. Any chance that that could be done here? Would seem like there is a demand for these services and people willing to pay for it.

45nut
08-25-2007, 02:28 PM
no. no chance. this is a discussion forum not a corporate entity.

klw
08-25-2007, 02:48 PM
no. no chance. this is a discussion forum not a corporate entity.

Darn. I can understand that but I do wish that there was someplace that would take this on. Maybe the antique reloading tool board would be interested.

bmblong
08-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Have you ever tried gunbroker?

www.gunbroker.com

Char-Gar
08-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Ebay has stoped listing ammo components and some gun parts, but molds, powder measures and most reloading equipment is still being sold there.

klw
08-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Have you ever tried gunbroker?

www.gunbroker.com

No I have not, at least not for anything other than guns. I wasn't aware that they handle that sort of thing but I'll look into it. Thanks!

targetshootr
08-25-2007, 09:48 PM
I was hoping someone would start a site like the old Gunsamerica but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. They really shot themselves in the foot. When you do a search on Gunbroker you have to weed through all the guns to find any parts.

klw
08-25-2007, 10:06 PM
I was hoping someone would start a site like the old Gunsamerica but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. They really shot themselves in the foot. When you do a search on Gunbroker you have to weed through all the guns to find any parts.

So was I. I would have settled for GunsAmerica working properly in its new version but that doesn't seem to be happening either. And if you ask them about they they get annoyed.

R.M.
08-26-2007, 02:49 AM
For what it's worth, I've always had good luck with Auction Arms.

R.M.

jim4065
08-26-2007, 07:31 AM
For what it's worth, I've always had good luck with Auction Arms.

R.M.

I'll second that on Auction Arms - here's a link: http://www.auctionarms.com/

But since they don't charge for listings there are way too many "ads" and not enough real auctions. Deja vu all over again, per the other thread. :)

Rottweiler
08-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Try www.auctionarms.com

pdgraham
08-26-2007, 04:34 PM
My 2 cents

I've been buying and selling reloading stuff on EBay for almost 8 years

But..

Now that they are out of the anti-gun closet I've stopped doing business with them..

I will use the equipment exchange boards here or arfcom or GT and I will return to selling on gunbroker and auction arms.. but no more ebay..

Selling on EBay is sleeping with the enemy..

kodiak1
08-26-2007, 07:31 PM
I like Auction Arms but some of the bigger ones takes hours with dial up to go through all the listings. Yeah if you are looking for it they probably have it, but it could be sold by the time you find it.
Ken.

RANGER RICK
09-02-2007, 02:00 PM
There is a new place on line to sell your reloading goodies .
They have picked up where ebay left plus more .
The place is www.reloadersauction.com .
It has just got off the ground . Hope they work out well.

RR

NSP64
09-02-2007, 02:18 PM
My 2 cents

I've been buying and selling reloading stuff on EBay for almost 8 years

But..

Now that they are out of the anti-gun closet I've stopped doing business with them..

I will use the equipment exchange boards here or arfcom or GT and I will return to selling on gunbroker and auction arms.. but no more ebay..

Selling on EBay is sleeping with the enemy..

I too have quit doing business with e-bay!:drinks: to the new auction site. I will try them out!!

NSP64
09-02-2007, 02:47 PM
There is a new place on line to sell your reloading goodies .
They have picked up where ebay left plus more .
The place is www.reloadersauction.com .
It has just got off the ground . Hope they work out well.

RR

just activated my account hope everyone boycots e-bay!

waksupi
09-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Rick, since you posted this on two separate subjects, do you have a financial interest in this site? Lot of plugging, for a site with 30 items for sale!

floodgate
09-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Looks good to me, and well organized. Since all I used to look for on eBay was reloading and casting gear, this one looks good to me; I just signed on as "floodgate".

RANGER RICK
09-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Rick, since you posted this on two separate subjects, do you have a financial interest in this site? Lot of plugging, for a site with 30 items for sale!

Nope not a thing for sale although I did sign up .
I seen their post listed on ebay in the reloading section and just thought I would pass it along .
I know guys were looking for a place to buy or sell .
I sell mostly direct . I do list on gun brokers, GunsAmerica and I have a very hard time just keeping up with those sales let alone more areas !!!!!
That being said I do have non bullet items I will more than likely list them in months to come with this new place . Just depends if it takes off or not .
Thanks for asking and sorry if I was out of bounds . If so just delete the post , no hard feeling at all .

RR

waksupi
09-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Just curious, Rick. No problem.

jim4065
09-02-2007, 08:11 PM
It's probably a sign of my age, but I have a little problem with that site - and it's extended to a lot of other unrelated areas. Why is everything so small? The font is small and the thumbnails are small and the pictures are small. I have to move my face too close to the screen to see anything - and I've got 20/20 (corrected) vision. Lots of white space, but it kind of reminds me of the Windows Calculator which has operation symbols so small that it's hard to use. Nice big keys with little bitty symbols. Geez guys - pixels are free! Go ahead and use the big ones!

I hate ebays' politics, but you have to admit that they're successful - so why not mimic their format? It would cost some time and effort but the potential is enormous. Call it GunBay and make it an Idaho (or someplace similar) corporation. "The kid was born to be sold." :Fire:

Scrounger
09-02-2007, 08:46 PM
You probably don't need it but windows has the capability to make everything easier for you to see, bigger fonts, different colors and backgrounds. You can find it in Control Panel, it is the first Icon, Accessibility Options.
Another help is if you are using Internet Explorer, Microsoft has a free download of what they call Power Toys. One of these toys is the software to resize photos, and another that works good for me is one that allows you to magnify the words and photos on your screen up to 50% bigger than they now are (Taskbar Magnifier). Power Toys can be downloaded at: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

rbwillnj
09-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Actually, with the new software for Guns America, you really need to register and log on. If you log on, you can expand the thumbnails to large picture and see more detail. If you don't log on, you can't expand the thumbnails

jim4065
09-03-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't have any problem with the Guns America pictures - although there seems to be too few of them. My problem with Guns America is that it's not an auction site and seems to be mostly a list of new guns for sale - and I try to buy from local dealers if they have the same gun without too excessive of a mark-up.

That "Power Toys" thing is neat, but I guess what I really need is about a 6" diameter magnifying glass - or to find the work of some programmers who believe in the "form follows function" rule.

All of this is a minor gripe. I sure hope the new site does well - but it's hard to see how they can without increasing the number of listings by a few orders of magnitude

Blammer
09-03-2007, 11:28 AM
24hourcampfire.com has an auction site, it's good, it's cheap and it's GUN STUFF!

I got a few things posted there for sale.

wiljen
09-03-2007, 11:43 AM
One issue with the reloaders auction site. They are using or allowing the use of Paypal. As we all know this is a ebay company and by using it you are giving ebay money. I agree with the idea of the site, but cant condone that.

Char-Gar
09-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Ebay still has loads of reloading and casting stuff and I play to shop and sell there. I sold one powder measure and bought another on Ebay last month (August).

Ebay made a market decision and did what they thought best for them. I don't agree, and I don't like it, but it doesn't make much sense to swell up and not trade where the good stuff is, because times change.

When I was younger, most gasoline filling stations and corner grocery stores sold ammo and some sold guns as well. I have not stoped buying gasoline or food because they quit that. Every Hardware store also sold guns and ammo, but very few do now. I have not quit buying hardware because they quit.

I have bought and sold guns on both Auction Arms and Gun Broker over the years and will continue to trade there as well.

In 1968, I was in a favorte hardware store and the owner was packing up all of the bullets and brass he had in stock and he has a nice stock. He was pissed about the restrictions that came with the Gun Control Act of 1968. He said he was going to sell his entire stock for scrap which was just a few cents per pound.

I offered to save him the trip to the scrap yard and I would buy it for the same price. I bought his entire stock of bullets and brass for scrap metal prices. Over the years, I shot, sold and traded most of that stuff off, although I still am using some of it.

The scrap yard would not take powder, primers and ammo, but he sold me all I wanted at jobber prices. I stocked up on the things I could use. I still have several boxes of factory new 25 Remington ammo from that purchase.

He calmed down and had to restock at jobber prices. He tried to get me to sell it back to him, but I was not as big a fool as he was.

It never pays to get all pissed off, and make emotional decisions based on the anger of the moment. Most often these decision prove to be bad ones when viewed through the rear view mirror.

It has never been "my way" to jump on the wagon with everybody else. There is a strong possibility that wagon is hauling manure.

Scrounger
09-03-2007, 03:02 PM
I just learned of another way to increase the size of your font on the Monitor screen. Hold down the Control button and turn the scroll wheel on your mouse to make the font larger or smaller. OR Hold down the Control button and click the + sign to make it bigger or the - sign to make it smaller.

RANGER RICK
09-03-2007, 03:05 PM
One issue with the reloaders auction site. They are using or allowing the use of Paypal. As we all know this is a ebay company and by using it you are giving ebay money. I agree with the idea of the site, but cant condone that.

I have a different view on paypal and ebay .
I like others do not agree with ebay and their new restrictions but the thing is it is their business and they can run it how ever they like just like I run my business my way !!!
I know they are anti gun and when I use paypal or one of my customers use paypal I feel like I am geting one up on them because I am using their anti gun service for almost 75% of my bullet sales , something they are against !!!!!
Puts a smile on my face knowing that .
Just my view and 2 cent's worth .

RR

Scrounger
09-03-2007, 03:35 PM
I like others do not agree with ebay and their new restrictions but the thing is it is their business and they can run it how ever they like just like I run my business my way !!!
I know they are anti gun and when I use paypal or one of my customers use paypal I feel like I am geting one up on them because I am using their anti gun service for almost 75% of my bullet sales , something they are against !!!!!

RR

You are 100% right, Rick. It is the easiest way to do things. Boycotting them is pointless, they are so big they don't even know you hate them, much less care. Even Willy takes donations here at Cast Boolits through PayPal. Sensible thing to do.

floodgate
09-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Scrounger:

"I just learned of another way to increase the size of your font on the Monitor screen. Hold down the Control button and turn the scroll wheel on your mouse to make the font larger or smaller. OR Hold down the Control button and click the + sign to make it bigger or the - sign to make it smaller."

THANKS!!!!!

floodgate

jim4065
09-04-2007, 01:23 AM
I just learned of another way to increase the size of your font on the Monitor screen. Hold down the Control button and turn the scroll wheel on your mouse to make the font larger or smaller. OR Hold down the Control button and click the + sign to make it bigger or the - sign to make it smaller.

Holy Cow! Scrounger for President! Thank you, Sir! :drinks:

charger 1
09-04-2007, 05:17 AM
Ebay has stoped listing ammo components and some gun parts, but molds, powder measures and most reloading equipment is still being sold there.

Thats true chargar. But when the word went out that ebay stopped a lot of the parts sales. It went out very garbled, without clarity and therefore scarred off some fellas and pi$$ed of others to the point where that body of people no longer attend. In short what I'm saying is the mould you may have got $40 for a year ago, you'll be pressed to get 15 or 20 now on ebay

Char-Gar
09-04-2007, 06:22 AM
Charger... The prices on reloading equipment on Ebay do not seem to have taken a dip. I check daily on the molds and the prices seem to be holding. That is bad in that the prices have gone up in the last couple of years on used molds where they are few bargins anymore. Just a few years back, I bought several Hensley and Gibbs and Cramer molds (DC) for less than $20.00 with handles...those days are gone.

I wish the Ebay prices would take a dip, because when it comes to molds, I am a buyer and not a seller.

Two weeks ago, I sold a Redding powder measure on Ebay for $99 that I offered for sale on this board for $75.

reloadersauction
09-04-2007, 10:06 AM
First of all I would like to say hello to all the fellow reloaders out there. My name is Johnny Burnette, Redneck reloader from Western NC...lol...and Owner of Reloadersauction.com....I just wanted to drop in and say thanks to all who have signed up on the site.....I expect a slow start...heck, Ebay wasn't built overnight. I just wanted let everyone know what I am working towards here.

First and foremost was to pick up where Ebay dropped us on the side of the road!

Second was an "Ebay" type software interface that people were used to, and very easy to navigate thru...and got as close as affordable software could be.

Third was to make it affordable for the seller. $1.00 final selling price fees only if the item sells...this will not change....only the extras will change after Dec. 1, 2007...(Home page features, bold listings, etc). Lower listing fees, to me, means lower costs for the buyer and more profit for the seller.

And the last thing was to make sure I always had a place to buy my reloading supplies cheap!

I am currently trying to get something set up with Bidpay for a Payment gateway...but it seems that unless you are one of the big boys you are not to important to them.

as far as Ranger ricks post goes.......

RR

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY....:twisted:

Use their tools against them....heck they are to big to beat by boycott

But PAYPAL will be removed from the site TOTALLY when I get something worked out with Bidpay .

http://www.reloadersauction.com

No_1
09-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Thanks for offering this service. I hope it works out for you as well as the reloaders. Please post the web address (as a link) for those on our board that may not know your website is out there and functioning. I signed up and hope to sell as well as buy there.

Robert

First of all I would like to say hello to all the fellow reloaders out there. My name is Johnny Burnette, Redneck reloader from Western NC...lol...and Owner of Reloadersauction.com....I just wanted to drop in and say thanks to all who have signed up on the site.....I expect a slow start...heck, Ebay wasn't built overnight. I just wanted let everyone know what I am working towards here.

First and foremost was to pick up where Ebay dropped us on the side of the road!

Second was an "Ebay" type software interface that people were used to, and very easy to navigate thru...and got as close as affordable software could be.

Third was to make it affordable for the seller. $1.00 final selling price fees only if the item sells...this will not change....only the extras will change after Dec. 1, 2007...(Home page features, bold listings, etc). Lower listing fees, to me, means lower costs for the buyer and more profit for the seller.

And the last thing was to make sure I always had a place to buy my reloading supplies cheap!

I am currently trying to get something set up with Bidpay for a Payment gateway...but it seems that unless you are one of the big boys you are not to important to them.

as far as Ranger ricks post goes.......

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY....:twisted:

Use their tools against them....heck they are to big to beat by boycott

But PAYPAL will be removed from the site TOTALLY when I get something worked out with Bidpay .