PDA

View Full Version : US-veterans-receive-letters-from-va

DCP
03-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Who is next

U.S. Veterans Receiving Letters From VA Prohibiting Ownership Or Purchase Of Firearms

http://warnewsupdates.blogspot.com/2013/02/us-veterans-receive-letters-from-va.html

jcwit
03-30-2013, 06:11 PM
We cussed and discussed this a month ago.

Thread: Veterans Are Receiving Letters From VA Prohibiting The Ownership Or Purchase Of Guns

DCP
03-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Well I used the seach just before I posted this.
Just so I wouldn't get this

Thread: Veterans Are Receiving Letters From VA Prohibiting The Ownership Or Purchase Of Guns

Fix the search function in this great Form for heavens sake.

DCP
03-30-2013, 10:32 PM
I still cant find it searching
(Veterans Are Receiving Letters From VA Prohibiting The Ownership Or Purchase Of Guns)

Hamish
03-30-2013, 10:39 PM
Agreed, a sticky on the Search function would be good, Search results are usually more frustrating than anything,,,

And this is well worth us being reminded about, we've added a bunch of new folks since, not to mention those that missed it the first time.

Phoenix
03-30-2013, 11:28 PM
if you put the following in the search box at the top right of the page it comes up.
Veterans Are Receiving Letters From VA Prohibiting The Ownership Or Purchase Of Guns

I agree the search function is not as friendly as it can be. that is why some use google to search the forum.

WILCO
03-31-2013, 08:07 AM

Situational awareness is not a group activity. Everyone comes up to speed under their own power. Glad you found and posted the link DCP.

pipehand
03-31-2013, 08:26 AM
"Situational awareness is not a group activity. Everyone comes up to speed under their own power."

Thank you, Wilco. May I ask how you came up with such a cogent and concise statement so early in the morning? I may have to switch to your brand of coffee.

DCP
03-31-2013, 09:38 AM
OK

I just did a search again.
Just as you described only one that comes up is the one I started.

if you put the following in the search box at the top right of the page it comes up.
Veterans Are Receiving Letters From VA Prohibiting The Ownership Or Purchase Of Guns

I agree the search function is not as friendly as it can be. that is why some use google to search the forum.

jcwit
03-31-2013, 11:02 AM
Situational awareness is not a group activity. Everyone comes up to speed under their own power. Glad you found and posted the link DCP.

I did the best I could. Only reason I found the old thread was that I knew I had posted on it and I went back thru a bunch of pages of my old posts till I found it. I thought it might link but it didn't.

So awareness of the uses of computer functions seems to be not my forte.

But I sure tried!

reloader28
03-31-2013, 11:12 AM
I never bother with the search function anymore.
No matter what I do, I cant find what I'm looking for.

TXGunNut
03-31-2013, 11:20 AM
I missed the earlier thread and have only heard bits and pieces about this. Thanks for the link.

DCP
03-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Thank you, I missed it also and cant find it

Can someone please provide the link

I missed the earlier thread and have only heard bits and pieces about this. Thanks for the link.

snuffy
03-31-2013, 11:57 AM
Be aware of the questionnaire that you might be given during an appointment with a VA doctor. The question is; do you ever feel like committing suicide? OR are you feeling depressed? If you answer yes or maybe, you will loose your right to buy guns, and if you have a concealed carry permit, it will be revoked!

The above bears repeating. Be careful what you say to ANY heath care professional.

1Shirt
03-31-2013, 12:03 PM
I also have problems with the search function.
1Shirt!

jcwit
03-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Here is the link, I figered out how to do it.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?185572-Veterans-Are-Receiving-Letters-From-VA-Prohibiting-The-Ownership-Or-Purchase-Of-Guns

WILCO
03-31-2013, 03:36 PM
Thank you, Wilco. May I ask how you came up with such a cogent and concise statement so early in the morning? I may have to switch to your brand of coffee.

You're welcome Pipehand. Feel free to use it anytime. :)
As for making a cogent and concise statement in the early hours, I lucked out, as the words appeared within a couple of key strokes.

missionary5155
03-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Good afternoon
Disarm the veterans and you have disarmed a high percentage of patriots who know how to use a weapon and who are willing to use a weapon.
Mike in Peru

x101airborne
04-01-2013, 01:09 AM
That is what we get. Pissed on in combat and pissed on back in the world.
That is why I couldn't hold a job for the first year I came home. My parents were kind enough to let me stay and work the ranch having to listen to me screaming in the middle of the night. Even to this day, my wife doesn't believe my parents when they CHOOSE to talk about it. And I very rarely talk about it to this day. Even when asked by my closest family. I tell tales of the good moments, but never talk of the bad times. That is my burden to bear.

psychicrhino
04-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Post deleted due to it being a bit of a rant.

DCP
04-01-2013, 09:59 AM
I am absolutely sure there are individuals that care in the VA

BUT with 18 to 24 months to receive benefits is a National DISGRACE so much for the VA itself

snuffy
04-01-2013, 11:46 AM
I will never diss on the VA. They have treated me very well since I hooked up with them in 2002. First thing They found was I was type II diabetic. Probably had been for several years.

A blood panel every 6 months showed a steady rise in my PSA. Ultimately leading to a prostate biopsy in 2009. It showed cancer, so in 2010 it was removed.

After my first contact with the local VA rep, it took just 3 months to the first appointment. Since then I have applied for and received a 30% disability for injuries sustained while on active duty. That will eventually be upgraded as the need arises. I get travel pay to go to appointments in Milwaukee, a 160 mile round trip.

All my drugs come through the VA. My co-pay is around $500.00 a year. From a non VA doctor, those same drugs would be around 6 G's.

A recent trip the ENT<(ear-nose-throat) doctor for a plugged Eustachian tube, resulted in a hearing test and prescription for dual hearing aids. See, I was exposed to high noise area in the AF, diesels running in enclosed areas. Those aids are about 3 grand EACH! What a difference! I can hear little kids with their tiny squeaky voices. :D

JIMinPHX
04-01-2013, 11:54 AM
I've been having trouble with the search function here on the board for several months now too. I've been having better luck using refined Google searches that target only this board, but they are cumbersome to use & I'm not sure that I want to be google cashing every post that I want to find.

jcwit
04-01-2013, 01:04 PM
I will never diss on the VA. They have treated me very well since I hooked up with them in 2002. First thing They found was I was type II diabetic. Probably had been for several years.

A blood panel every 6 months showed a steady rise in my PSA. Ultimately leading to a prostate biopsy in 2009. It showed cancer, so in 2010 it was removed.

After my first contact with the local VA rep, it took just 3 months to the first appointment. Since then I have applied for and received a 30% disability for injuries sustained while on active duty. That will eventually be upgraded as the need arises. I get travel pay to go to appointments in Milwaukee, a 160 mile round trip.

All my drugs come through the VA. My co-pay is around $500.00 a year. From a non VA doctor, those same drugs would be around 6 G's.

A recent trip the ENT<(ear-nose-throat) doctor for a plugged Eustachian tube, resulted in a hearing test and prescription for dual hearing aids. See, I was exposed to high noise area in the AF, diesels running in enclosed areas. Those aids are about 3 grand EACH! What a difference! I can hear little kids with their tiny squeaky voices. :D

Pretty much my experience also, the only thing I could add is I truly believe one gets treated as they treat those they are in contact with in the VA. I have a friend who complaines constantly about the care he receives at the VA, even while he is there. While I am very thankful for the care I get and am completly satisified.

What goes around, comes around.

DCP
04-01-2013, 02:40 PM
OK
So lets all just pretend that the VA is not broken (watch the news)
And blame it on the patients (now)

You right about one thing though

Pretty much my experience also, the only thing I could add is I truly believe one gets treated as they treat those they are in contact with in the VA. I have a friend who complaines constantly about the care he receives at the VA, even while he is there. While I am very thankful for the care I get and am completly satisified.

jcwit
04-01-2013, 04:56 PM
OK
So lets all just pretend that the VA is not broken (watch the news)
And blame it on the patients (now)

You right about one thing though

I'm not saying that the VA could not be improved. Most everything can.

Wife and I went to Dr. this morning as our 22 year old Granddaughter was going to have some tests and biopsy done. Her appointment was at 9:00 AM, she didn't have her health insurance card yet as its being processed. By the time she got everything sorted out on the phone they had to reschedule a month down the road.

Could this be improved? Yup? Was it the VA? Not hardly.