PDA

View Full Version : I just can't believe the prices people are getting for reloading stuff ....

Ohio Rusty
03-30-2013, 12:55 PM
A common 9MM die set sold on ebay for $111.49
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lee-9mm-Deluxe-Carbide-4-Die-Set-90963-/200906682725

That is just stupid crazy !!! Another one went for $104 ...... Did the Feinstein/Obama team outlaw reloading equipment also ??
It seems anything and everything reloading .... dies, moulds, everything .... the prices went thru the clouds like a
rocket .... Holy moly ........... I'm thankful to have what I have .....

Ohio Rusty ><>

A silent patriot waiting for the first volley .............

VHoward
03-30-2013, 01:38 PM
When people get into a panic, they do stupid things. Then there are those who will take advantage of those stupid things and they are the ones I deplore.

LUBEDUDE
03-30-2013, 03:43 PM
It's even spilled over into the vintage equipment as well. Those prices have been insane as well.

300winmag
03-30-2013, 03:53 PM
These are craigslist adds:

I have a complete reloading setup for sale. Brand new in box Lee loasdmaster progressive press comes with Lee 308 die set and shell plate, Lee deluxe 9mm 4 die set , Lee deluxe 40sw/10mm 4 die set , Lee deluxe 38spl/357 4 die set , Lee 7.62x29 Russian die set and Lee 7.62x39russian factory crimp die plus shell plates for all calibers listed which the shell plates also do other calibers I have a Frankfort arsenal brass tumbler and media for it everything is brand new and has never been used asking 1300 obo for everything

reloading dream package must see
Reloaders dream package for sale I have the following for sale
Lee load master progressive press new never out of the box
Lee deluxe 40sw/10mm 4 piece die set brand new never been out of box
Lee deluxe 9mm 4 piece die set brand new never out of box
Lee deluxe 38spl/357 4 piece die set brand new never out of box
Lee 308 die set brand new never out of the box
Lee 7.62x39 rusaian die set brand new never out of the box
Lee 7.62x29 Russian factory crimp die brand new never out of the box
Lee load master shell plate #1S for 38spl/357 brand new
Lee load master shell plate #2L for .45acp,30/06,308 brand new in box
Lee load master shell plate #4S for .223 brand new in box
Lee load master shell plate #12L for 7.62x39 brand new in box
Lee load master shell plate #19S for 9mm,40sw brand new in box
That's everything I have for the press

I have the following molds to cast your own projectiles
Lee 40sw 401-175-etc
Lee 38spl/357 tl358-158-2r
Lee 45acp tl452-230-tc
Lee 30caliber c309-170-f
Lee 32 311-100-2r
Lee 7.62x39 c312-155-2r
Lee 7mm c285-130-1r
Lee production pot 4 melting furnace
Lee ladle
Frankford clean cast fluxing compound

Now for the projectile sizing and lubing
The sizing dies and top punches are for the bullet molds listed above
Lyman 4500 lube and sizer with lube heater
.401 sizing die
.452 sizing die
.358 sizing die
.356 sizing die
.309 sizing die
.311 sizing die
.312 sizing die
.285 sizing die
#311 top punch
#226 top punch
#460 top punch
#402 top punch
#413 top punch
#8 top punch
Lyman super molly lube

Now for the brass clean up
Frankford brass tumbler brand new never been out of box
Frankford brass tumbler media

I also have 200 pounds of lead ingots that were made out of wheel weights

I am asking 3400 obo for everything need to sale asap

USED

sparky45
03-30-2013, 03:57 PM
When people get into a panic, they do stupid things. Then there are those who will take advantage of those stupid things and they are the ones I deplore.

What exactly do you have against the free market system V? I don't think anyone is holding a gun to their head and making them bid, so what's the problem? I bet they(the bidders) are over 21 and normal adult consumers. Haven't you ever wanted something so bad you will actually pay a premium just to have it? I do it all the time.
Sparky45

dragon813gt
03-30-2013, 04:16 PM
I just put two Lee molds up on eBay last night. Both are new and never used. Starting bid was so I didn't take a loss on them. Both are bid on so I'm at least getting my money back. If they go higher great. I'm not forcing anyone to buy them.

I didn't hear many people complaining when Kel-Tec released the KSG and it was selling for double MSRP. People were lined up at that price because they wanted it. I've seen this happen quite a bit w/ firearms.

Yes the current prices suck for people just getting into the hobby. But only for the people that were actually planning on it. For those that jumped in in a panic this is what you get. Just wait it out and buy an item when it's at an acceptable price for you. And only you can decide what an acceptable price is.

ReloaderFred
03-30-2013, 07:32 PM
The person who wins this auction doesn't know about Lathesmith: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310638076083&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Fred

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-30-2013, 09:55 PM
It's all about supply and demand. I see reloading stuff for sale that is way overpriced and I simply ignore it.

sparky45
03-31-2013, 09:50 AM
The person who wins this auction doesn't know about Lathesmith: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310638076083&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Fred

Good Lord, I wish I had the original box that came with mine, that baby would be up for auction immediately. I love free enterprise!! BTW, I ordered two from Lathesmith last week.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Dang, I have about 8 star sizers in their original box unused....with top punches too! I need to get on the horn.. LOL!

Ehhh...come to think of it...I'd rather just sell them here for non-inflated-panic prices. I may catch fleas if I go over there... :D

KohlerK91
03-31-2013, 10:16 AM
These are craigslist adds:

I am asking 3400 obo for everything need to sale asap

USED

The seller is only asking what the think its worth. Maybe the stuff was a family members stuff. If they dont know whats its worth they will add up RETAIL and go from there.

How many times on American Pickers do they just give the buyer what they want for the items? Not too often. Prices have to start somewhere and they usually start HIGH and come down to a mutually agreeable price. Unless of course its auction then it goes the other way.

If the propsed buyer was SERIOUS they should throw out an offer and be prepare to back it up with CASH......Money Talks and B.S walks.

And likewise with the seller if they are serious about selling they will negotiate.

I completely agree with FREE MARKET.

max range
03-31-2013, 10:27 AM
How do explain the fact that you can go to Dillon's web site and order one of their # 600 primer pocket swage tools for about $100 and around a ten business day wait until it arrives at your door. OR you can go to fleabay and bid one up to $160 and wait about a week.

I thought the high bids were because the mfg. is out of stock or slow as government union employee to ship an order. But this is not the case. Often these items that go for 3X the street price, are in stock and available to order. Just think if fleabay allowed powder and primer auctions. Then you would see some sky high prices.

That said, I talked to a guy who had sold 8000 rounds of Remington bulk 22 rimfire ammo for $80 a brick.

PB234
03-31-2013, 10:51 AM
The guy bidding on the Star sizer is so out of control he has two bids together which means someone could bid him up a bid at a time until his two bids are separated by the new bid. A seller could easily have a friend bid the guy up without the friend risking buying the over priced item.

FLHTC
03-31-2013, 10:52 AM
I but a couple moulds on ebay last month. I started the bidding at one dollar and they still broke $150. Its a sellers market for sure

Love Life
03-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Evil free market...

cajun shooter
03-31-2013, 12:34 PM
E-Bay has so much seller-friend bidding to suck in the weak and unknowing, it's unreal.
I believe in a free market but there is so much price jacking and ripping people off that it makes one wonder about man kind.
If you look close at some of the E-bay sellers who have such things, they will always start out by saying I don't know much about this type of equipment so I'm putting this price on it. If you research that seller they have been selling for over 5 years and the same type of items. It's all a big suck you in game.
They have many newbies who don't have the sense to research the items before bidding and then they become caught up in the fever. It's called the "I will not be beat" fever.
Star sizers can make you very well off if you find a stash of them. A 40 year old machine will always bring more than a new one may be purchased for. I don't even look on e-bay anymore. Later David

KohlerK91
03-31-2013, 01:02 PM
How do explain the fact that you can go to Dillon's web site and order one of their # 600 primer pocket swage tools for about $100 and around a ten business day wait until it arrives at your door. OR you can go to fleabay and bid one up to $160 and wait about a week.

That said, I talked to a guy who had sold 8000 rounds of Remington bulk 22 rimfire ammo for $80 a brick.

You are right the consumers that are willing AND ABLE to pay more than retail are shooting themselves in the foot. By do that they are artificially inflating the market.

It is especially bad when stuff is purchased at articially high prices(Like the Housing Market)and one day these items are put up for sale. I see it now with the 22's. Up for sale and for a hefty asking price. The problem for some( and they wont admit it) is that they(the buyers of over inflated items) probably paid a premium price for them to begin with. Now if they want to sell them will have to suffer the loss of value.

I bet part of the problem with Dillon related items is that some will place HOARDING orders from dillon and then sell them on ebay. How many NEW IN BOX items do you see on there.............ALOT

All kinds of NIB SS600 too.

This problem will just have to run its course.

dragon813gt
03-31-2013, 01:08 PM
No one is ripping anyone off. Someone is WILLING to pay that price. I don't care if people don't do any research before they buy. They're an adult and it's their responsibility to do it themselves. If people want to buy used and pay more than new prices so be it. It means that the tools are retaining their value and then some. So when you decide to sell you know you can at least get your money back. I have no issue w/ this because it means what I have is worth more. Since most assets are depreciating this is a good thing.

ACrowe25
03-31-2013, 02:52 PM
There are people who pay it, like dragon said it's their choice... While I will never agree with those choices, it is still theirs to make!

Myself, people who try to rip me off. Remember their face (terrible with names) and never return.

KohlerK91
03-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Myself, people who try to rip me off. Remember their face (terrible with names) and never return.

I wouldn't say that by selling at high prices by itself is ripping someone off. Especially if something is NIB or used in working order. The seller is only selling it for what the market brings. Like stated is a choice to pay it.

On the other hand if someone tried to sell me something that is broken and the seller knows it, that I would say is a ripp off.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
04-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Dragon813 has it right. It is not ripping someone off if they are willing to pay for it. Who really cares what stuff is selling for these days? If it gets too high for YOU, then don't bid on it. Simple. I don't even go over to ebay anymore. I took it off my favorites menu and went on with life. I will stress the "went on with life " part.

Sensai
04-01-2013, 09:16 AM
The commercial value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it, and has little or nothing to do with it's intrinsic value. If noone would pay more than fifty dollars an ounce for gold, then gold would be fifty dollars an ounce. Likewise if someone would pay fifty dollars an ounce for lead, then lead would be fifty dollars an ounce. I don't see a problem with the prices numbskulls are paying for things, it won't become the going price unless we all turn into numbskulls and start paying it. Wait though, what's the going price for 22 LR ammo ???? Disregard all above, I was daydreaming!!!

luky-dude
04-01-2013, 11:01 AM
I always research things before I buy--for price and how it works for other people. Even u-tube helps.

RydForLyf
04-01-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm just sad that I don't have anything left to put up on ebay. KACHING!!!!! I've sold everything I could live without until stocks come back. I love panic buyers,,,,,, when I've got inventory to sell.

-RFL

1bluehorse
04-01-2013, 09:14 PM
I've sold a lot of reloading stuff on E-Bay...I always start at .99cents...where it goes from there is not in my control...what ever someone is willing to pay is what I receive, minus fees....If I were to put a Lee Challenger press on there and someone bid it up to 1000.00 dollars what am I supposed to do???? I'm sure that most of you would of course send the bidder a message and tell them to stop bidding as they are way over the cost of new....of course you would...

BIGRED
04-02-2013, 11:11 AM
I used to order some things from Cheaper than Dirt. but now after seeing their price gouging i have decided i will never order from them again. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-4262. they are asking $80 for 9mm PMC box of 50 range ammo. Shame on them... they lost my business forever..

ACrowe25
04-02-2013, 03:39 PM
I've sold a lot of reloading stuff on E-Bay...I always start at .99cents...where it goes from there is not in my control...what ever someone is willing to pay is what I receive, minus fees....If I were to put a Lee Challenger press on there and someone bid it up to 1000.00 dollars what am I supposed to do???? I'm sure that most of you would of course send the bidder a message and tell them to stop bidding as they are way over the cost of new....of course you would...

LOL it's a love-hate relationship. People love being on the selling side and hate to have to be on the buying side...

EDG
04-02-2013, 04:32 PM
He is not out of control. The first bid enabled him to top the other bidders and find the ceiling so to speak.
He is willing to spend more than that bid so he submitted a back up bid that is even higher and that top bid is unknown to other bidders.

The guy bidding on the Star sizer is so out of control he has two bids together which means someone could bid him up a bid at a time until his two bids are separated by the new bid. A seller could easily have a friend bid the guy up without the friend risking buying the over priced item.

EDG
04-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Ebay has bidder tracking to catch the shill bidders.

E-Bay has so much seller-friend bidding to suck in the weak and unknowing, it's unreal.
I believe in a free market but there is so much price jacking and ripping people off that it makes one wonder about man kind.
If you look close at some of the E-bay sellers who have such things, they will always start out by saying I don't know much about this type of equipment so I'm putting this price on it. If you research that seller they have been selling for over 5 years and the same type of items. It's all a big suck you in game.
They have many newbies who don't have the sense to research the items before bidding and then they become caught up in the fever. It's called the "I will not be beat" fever.
Star sizers can make you very well off if you find a stash of them. A 40 year old machine will always bring more than a new one may be purchased for. I don't even look on e-bay anymore. Later David

Huntducks
04-03-2013, 03:18 AM
I have been on ebay since 1997, that said I always start a item low and were it goes is up to the bidders, I could not resist myself the last few months selling extra stuff and the last 3-4 weeks selling stuff I sometime use like a dillon 600 that went for over $200 a set of dillon 9mm dies $175 Lee molds for twice the cost of new, just the other day I was in a shop that just got 4 dillon 550 in and had them at MSRP I thought about buying 2 and listing them instead I passed then I check CL and somebody says they have 4 550 at $995ea the add was up 2 days I called just for kicks and the guy said he sold all 4.

armedmoose
04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
eBay doesn't mind the prices, since they get 9% of the winning bid price + shipping.

I wish football cards sold as good as reloading/casting equipment.. just sold a card on eBay for $.01 :)

novalty
04-03-2013, 11:56 AM
eBay doesn't mind the prices, since they get 9% of the winning bid price + shipping.

I wish football cards sold as good as reloading/casting equipment.. just sold a card on eBay for $.01 :)

I think FeeBay increased their portion to 10%. Plus you got the Paypal kickback 3-4%. Figure around 14% to 15% loss when FeeBay & Paypal take their portion--which also includes the shipping price.

Alvarez Kelly
04-03-2013, 01:12 PM
eBay fees go to 10% on April 15th. They charge this on the final sale price AND the shipping fees. Then PayPal gets 3% PLUS 30 cents on every transaction.

Don't forget they also charge a LISTING fee. Sometimes it is waived, but it can really add up. I believe they allow 50 free auction listings every month. After that, the listing fees kick in.

dragon813gt
04-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Just waiting to be paid $88 for a 2 cavity 9mm Lee mold :)
My 45 mold auction will be closing shortly. I wish I had more to sell :)

Well isn't this wonderful. PayPal is holding the money for 21 days. I knew about this policy. But considering how much I use PayPal I didn't think this would happen. I won't be using eBay anymore. Using it sparingly for thirteen years obviously isn't good enough.

novalty
04-04-2013, 09:53 AM
As much as I dislike Paypal, I am about done with USPS Money Orders. Seems like every time I try to cash one it at the Post Office when I am shipping an item they tell me they don't have enough money to cash it. Then when I go to deposit them at my bank they have to call some automated phone system for the USPS to confirm the Money Order is not counterfeit.

sirgknight
04-04-2013, 10:21 AM
I put a listing up for bid on gunbroker a few weeks ago and had what I would call a "reasonable" buy-it-now option. The bidding ended at a price that far exceeded the buy-it-now price. I was utterly amazed at what some people are willing to pay.....go figure!!!!

jmorris
04-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I bet they(the bidders) are over 21 and normal adult consumers. Haven't you ever wanted something so bad you will actually pay a premium just to have it? I do it all the time.

Every time I am at a sporting event or really even out to dinner these days. Bottled water cost more than gasoline by the gallon, a $7 beer? Heck, I have had less than that in a $12 pack. Don't get me started on going out to the movies.

After a friend sold an extra press for enough to buy two new ones, I listed one of mine but it looks like all of the real dumb folks are broke, go figure...

mnagant762
04-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Just waiting to be paid $88 for a 2 cavity 9mm Lee mold :)
My 45 mold auction will be closing shortly. I wish I had more to sell :)

Well isn't this wonderful. PayPal is holding the money for 21 days. I knew about this policy. But considering how much I use PayPal I didn't think this would happen. I won't be using eBay anymore. Using it sparingly for thirteen years obviously isn't good enough.

I'm the new owner of that 45 mold. I'm glad it didn't go as high as the 9mm ;). I know I paid almost 3 times retail for the mold but, that's my fault for putting off getting into casting for so long.

oldfart1956
04-08-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm the new owner of that 45 mold. I'm glad it didn't go as high as the 9mm ;). I know I paid almost 3 times retail for the mold but, that's my fault for putting off getting into casting for so long. mnagant I see you're from southcentral Pa.! I'm in Greencastle, Pa. Contact me and let me know what molds you're looking for. I'm sitting on about 2 dozen new Lee molds for calibers/ga. I don't even load for. Use the pm feature and mebbe we can find something you need. Audie...the Oldfart

trapper300RUM
04-09-2013, 02:05 AM
I think that people aren't using good brain power they are panic buying & the sellers are uping the prices those 9mm dies were bid on & the price went way too high .& The "President is After our guns & ammo & he isn't gonna let up so we can't either

Swamp Man
04-09-2013, 05:37 AM
I was going to buy reloading press and gear for 410 but with these prices I'm going to wait it out. When the madness dies down I'll buy all new gear from my LGS unless I can get a good deal on NIB auction items.

3006guns
04-09-2013, 12:57 PM
I think FeeBay increased their portion to 10%. Plus you got the Paypal kickback 3-4%. Figure around 14% to 15% loss when FeeBay & Paypal take their portion--which also includes the shipping price.

That's one of the major reasons I quit selling on Ebay. That, plus the day they foisted all blame/responsibility on the seller and REQUIRED Paypal, I dropped it like a dirty sock.

RydForLyf
04-09-2013, 01:42 PM
My last set of Lee six banger handles is closing tonight. $39.00 right now and will most likely go for a few more. Sure, it costs about 15%, but at the prices being paid, I can live with it.

-RFL

Cmemiss
04-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Has anyone checked primers on gunbroker, that's truly amazing. If all those primers were in someone's warehouse ready for sale, there wouldn't be a shortage and the prices would be reasonable IMHO.

novalty
04-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Has anyone checked primers on gunbroker, that's truly amazing. If all those primers were in someone's warehouse ready for sale, there wouldn't be a shortage and the prices would be reasonable IMHO.

Funny you should mention the primers on GB, back at the beginning of February I did a search for primers to see how many were listed for small pistol and small rifle. This was what I had found, and several of the vendor had listed 1 brick, but they had several more like this one: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=335549397

There are 79 auctions for "small pistol primers" on GB currently. Quickly adding it up in my head I came to over 272,000 small pistol or small pistol magnum primers.

There are 127 auctions for "small rifle primers" on GB as well. Quickly adding up in my head I came to over 237,000 primers.

canyon-ghost
04-09-2013, 04:46 PM
On the other hand, guys, you can always punch the "Buy it Now" button and just pay what it's worth. The auctions are a little like playing poker with gun supplies, the buy-it-nows are the one you can count on being real (as far as we're concerned, probably).

RydForLyf
04-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Well, I'm now out of the selling business. All of my molds and handles are gone. My last set of Lee handles sold last night.

All in all, I sold three sets of handles: $41.00, $43.50, $47.36. Prices are going up. Wish I had more handles to sell.
4 Lee six cavity molds: 452-200-RF barely used $123.49, 401-175-TC well used $152.50, 356-120-TC moderately used $122.50 and a brand new 452-200-RF for my lowest price of $102.50.

All of my auctions were started at $0.01. The high prices paid are fair reflections of current market prices.

Now's the time to trade up to some nicer stuff if you've got some stuff you can live without until the supply catches up with the demand.

-RFL

jmorris
04-10-2013, 09:47 AM
A 650 with 6 conversions went for $3250 the other day.

Love Life
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM
I was bidding up to $2,000 on a used super 1050 2 weeks ago. I was out bid as $2,000 was where I drew the line. People will always pay what they feel an item is worth. Plain and simple. Especially in today's shortage. If I needed primers you can bet your house I would be on Gunbroker hitting the "Buy now" for $250+hazmat for 5,000 primers. Same for other things.

Sometimes things sell high, sometimes low.

armedmoose
04-10-2013, 10:53 AM
I keep trying to win a Forster Co-Ax fleabay but keep getting outbid.. I stop my bidding 10 bucks below MSRP.

Apparently the guy selling the NIB Co-Ax sold his for around 500 bucks. :veryconfu

Patience I keep telling myself.. :)

Methuselah3
04-12-2013, 09:57 AM
A couple of worn out quotes are appropriate here 1) A fool and his money soon part and 2) You can't fix stupid.

ddhotbot
04-21-2013, 03:40 PM
i list all my reloading stuff on gunbroker instead of ebay. i find it hard to believe people would list gun related items on the most anti gun site there is. and i dont see the price gouging going on at gunbroker either. thanks don

John Boy
04-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Another eBay I need it - I'll pay for it .. http://www.ebay.com/itm/200914078072?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

jmorris
04-21-2013, 10:39 PM
One of my bullet and case fed 650's went for $1841. New 1050 is on the way.

armedmoose
04-22-2013, 09:02 AM
I feel dirty for hitting "buy it now" today on a Forster Co-Ax @ the same price Sinclair/Brownells sells them for.

I feel especially dirty since I lost a bidding war with someone on a Co-Ax yesterday, going for $350 bucks! (I stopped around $300)

Good News... I HAVE A CO-AX COMING... :P [smilie=w: I have been hunting after a Forster Co-Ax for the last 6 months or soo...

felix
04-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Nothing but a poor man's stock market. Instead of paper, the trading is in commodities. More money has been gained and lost trading commodities on the short term than you can shake a stick at. I especially like the movie's end when DirtyHarry asks the punk "Do you feel lucky"! ... felix

jmorris
04-22-2013, 11:29 AM
I don't see it like that. To me it's more of an instant gratification thing to the people.

No one in their right mind would pay $100 a share in "brand x" stock if they knew for a fact that in three months they could get it for $33.

That is exactly what they are doing. The used 650 I sold, went for more than the cost of the new 1050 I ordered from Dillon BUT I will have to wait 3 months +/- to get it.

Love Life
04-22-2013, 11:39 AM
You might have it sooner than that jmorris. When I ordered mine the site said "8-10 weeks"

I got mine in 2 1/2 weeks.

trapper300RUM
04-23-2013, 05:30 PM
I am waiting on a order for going on 7 weeks now its a new LEE pro 1000 9mm & the case collator.1,000 bullets 500 44cal. 240 JHP & 500 9mm115 RN. .I already have brass & i have just 700 CCI Small Pistol Primers i will be needing more primers soon

dancingbear41
04-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Another eBay I need it - I'll pay for it .. http://www.ebay.com/itm/200914078072?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Are these items really not available in shops or on line anymore? Or is this outright panic buying? I agree with some of the posts that these circumstances make it tough for the new shooters getting into the sport.

I have no intention of getting into any new calibres and therefore have all the reloading kit I need. Apart from moulds, of course!

Simon.

Bwana
04-23-2013, 07:09 PM
I don't see it like that. To me it's more of an instant gratification thing to the people.

No one in their right mind would pay $100 a share in "brand x" stock if they knew for a fact that in three months they could get it for $33.

That is exactly what they are doing. The used 650 I sold, went for more than the cost of the new 1050 I ordered from Dillon BUT I will have to wait 3 months +/- to get it.

It's called "delayed gratification" and it has been in very short supply in this country for a long, long time.

chirodr1
04-24-2013, 12:38 AM
We are fortunate to live in a free market system. If enough of us don't buy when prices are high prices will make a correction and come down. These inflated prices will come down. Probably not to where they were a short time ago. We all have the choice to buy or not to buy. Gouging only applies when it is for something that is a necessity to life like food, water, etc.

jmorris
04-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Gouging only applies when it is for something that is a necessity to life like food, water, etc.

True enough, like the $6 gouging I get for a single beer every time I go to an event. There should be a law...

Rifle 57
04-24-2013, 08:58 PM
I heard the reason that the Dillon reloading equipment is selling at high prices on ebay is because you can not get anything from Dillon directly. I have been seeing powder measures selling for $125.00 to $150.00 on ebay, thats crazy. I ordered a powder measure from Dillon on 4/14/13 and I received it today 4/24/13 and it cost $76.95 and I got 3 powder dies for $12.00 each and on ebay they are going for $25.00 or more.

labradigger1
04-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Its crazy out there, ive been looking for a 550 toolhead and #7 shellplate for a while and refuse to pay to the mayhem.

Rifle 57
04-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Its crazy out there, ive been looking for a 550 toolhead and #7 shellplate for a while and refuse to pay to the mayhem. Order it from dillon direct and I bet it will come sooner than you think.