PDA

View Full Version : .357 Kieth design help please!

seagiant
08-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Hi Everyone,
I've been going over all the mold catalogs for all the designs for the .357 bullets and it seems that to get a real type Kieth bullet I might have to design it and let mountain molds make it for me. What I'm wondering is if someone could tell me what the real dimensions are for the oal.nose hieght and band width and lube groove depth to be a real Kieth? I'm out of town at the moment and can't even get to an RCBS swc to look myself. By the way I shoot the RCBS 150 gr. bullet and it is superb in 38 spl. and .357 mag. but I would like a heavier bullet for the .357. *I've looked at the Lyman 358429 and it's a great bullet from what I've heard and that maybe the way to go,I just thought I'd see what everyone thought before pulling the plastic! Thanks for any help or suggestions!

"So...How's you're digestion now???"

Angel Eyes

45 2.1
08-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Go to the Group Buy forum and read "359 173gr Keith boolit mold"

seagiant
08-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi 45 2.1,
That looks like a very nice bullet with the two crimp grooves did you come up with a final weight? I was going to go 180 gr. on mine but if you get a group buy on that bullet close to that I'd probably jump on it.

45 2.1
08-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Read the whole thread. That is not the bullet thats being done, maybe later on the two crimp groove one.

seagiant
08-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi,
Well I went to the end of the thread that time(sorry) But it still seemed like you were waiting for more info to complete you're design? If I'm wrong please let me know. Thanks

45 2.1
08-07-2005, 07:21 PM
What we are trying to do is match the original Keith designs in 38,44,and 45 exactly. The guy i'm waiting on has these and he will get them to us eventually. Worth waiting for!

seagiant
08-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi 45 2.1,
Well thats quite an undertaking,I'll probably wait and see what you come up with, my only problem is that I'm at sea quite a bit and may miss the sweet spot when all this comes together. I have the 150 gr. RCBS mold that is very accurate in all my pistols so I can wait and if I miss the buy maybe I can get some ideas from your design and get Mountain Mold to make me a DC! Thanks again for the info!

Catshooter
08-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Seagiant,

I'm lucky fool who is gonna set up the group buys on these moulds. The design we'll use is going to be as close to Keiths' as we can get without being able to ask him. It'll be oversize, probably .361 in WW. And about 175 grains or so. Once we get a design set, if you want I'll set one aside for you if you're at sea. Just PM me with your personal data. I'll hold it for you for say a year? That be long enough?

Cat