PDA

View Full Version : Gun shop finds

Dennis Eugene
03-29-2013, 02:55 PM
"
So I find out Wednesday that they need me in Sitka on thursday so thursday morning I'm on a flight to Sitka where I get off the plane and into a truck and off to work. Any way it's now Friday morning and I don't have to be back at wortk until 15:00 and so I'm killing time. Into a SMALL SPORTING GOODS STORE i WALK AND OVER TO THE HANDGUN COUNTER i LOOK AND THEY HAVE ONLY 11 OR 12 HANDGUNS BUT LOW AND BEHOLD THE HAVE A rUGER bLACKHAWK THREE SCREW fLATTOP IN .44 MAG. I look a bit closer and see it has been reblued all but the alumin grip frame(duh) and also not the loading gate which shows beautiful plum color. They are asking 750 for it and it looks to be very good shape and shot very little. nice job on the reblue with lettering still very sharp. I fondeled it and then put it back just over from it I see a AMT auto loader in .45 ACP another interesting gun and it's dirty the guy said they just brought it in yesterday and there only asking 450 for it I fondle it some before putting it back. If I had not just bought a pick up truck that broke me for several years the AMT would have walked out with me and just maybe the Ruger also. I just can't believe what you can find when you least expect it. Dennis
"

MT Gianni
03-29-2013, 08:31 PM
I just can't believe what you can find when you least expect it. Dennis
"

That too is the story of my life. I do not expect it to change.

Frank46
03-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Seems to me that when I have the $$$ cannot find anything, but the day I don't have the $$$ there is all sorts of stuff. Happens too often to be a coincidence. Frank

psychicrhino
03-30-2013, 01:23 AM
During my time living in Anchorage, I learned that the only folks I knew who loved their guns more than Texans, were Alaskans. Oh, and if I had a nickle for every time someone asked me "so what is it like being from the second largest state?":D

Hardcast416taylor
03-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Try buying something while living on a pension check. There is always a lot of month left at the end of the pension check.Robert

km101
03-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Seems to me that when I have the $$$ cannot find anything, but the day I don't have the $$$ there is all sorts of stuff. Happens too often to be a coincidence. Frank

It's NOT a coincidence. It happens to me all the time too! I just found a Dillon 650 at a good price, that I cant afford, and a friend offered me a S&W Mdl 66 at a good price. Ditto! Now is a few months, when I get some Doctors paid off, I wont be able to find anything. It's just c****y luck, or bad karma, take your pick. :)

Robert; There is always more month than there is money!

thekidd76
03-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Feel free to pass on the good deals km101. :grin: Depending on where in North Texas you are, i'll be in Central Oklahoma next week and love a good deal.

Olevern
03-31-2013, 10:43 PM
A month ago I saw a 3 screw Super Blackhawk with about 99% blue in a shop for $400.00.
Had to lay it away but it is now mine. Sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do.

lars1367
04-01-2013, 01:20 AM
Thank God my local shop will do layaway. It's the only way I could snag the sweet deal on my latest Colt 1911 right after Christmas. And I do so love a good deal on a Colt 1911.:grin:
-Corey

jonp
04-01-2013, 07:07 AM
I was out on my Softtail a few months ago and stopped into a gunshop as I do if I see one. Sitting in a case is a Blackhawk 45acp/45lc. Short barrel, great shape and $450! I stared at it but walked out without it. Az fter a week I couldn't stand it anymore and called them up but, of course, it was gone.

remy3424
04-01-2013, 03:31 PM
At an auction Saturday, I grabbed the above menstioned Blackhawk so I now have an old and new model convertible, NIB.....Another one I likely won't shoot, but I will shoot it before the 3 screw. Didn't intend to buy anything, but that one was one of the few that seemed, "under the money"

blademasterii
04-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Went to my local hangout, uh shop, and he had not one but two ruger 1911's. One full size and one commander. The kicker is I just bought a remington 700 aac, scope mount, scope, rings, muzzle brake and bipod. That was pretty much my toy fund for a while. Oh well, least I still have my colt. :D