PDA

View Full Version : My Mom back in the hospital

missionary5155
03-29-2013, 03:31 AM
Good morning
My Mom was admitted to the hospital with pnemonia. She also is in ICU with heart conditions caused by anxiety.
More important to me is her relationship with God. She says she has Faith in Christ but there is little fruit. Her walk with God is very distant and seems to be on her terms.
Then my sister. That this will be the episode where she finally comes to grips with the reality of eternity and forsakes this world to receive the Lord Jesus as her personal Savior. What joy that would give.
So would you pray for these two. Thank you.. Mike in Peru
May each of you be richly blessed as we remember our Lord Jesus giving Himself as our blood sacrifice for our salvation through faith in His loving act. John 3:16-21

Wayne Smith
03-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Mike, praying for health, conviction, and salvation.

missionary5155
03-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks Brother Wayne ! Mike

smoked turkey
03-29-2013, 10:28 AM
Dear Lord I ask that your Spirit work to draw Mike's family to you in a special way at this time. Lord you use situations like this to bring people closer to you. I pray that this mom and sister would for sure make the eternal decision to follow you for the rest of their lives. I pray that their decision would be made known to Mike and the rest of the world. In doing this Mike would know for certain about their souls, and they would be secure in your love and forgiveness. Amen.
Praying for you Mike during this ordeal. Two people that mean so much to you are in need and that puts you under a little more strain. May the Lord give you complete peace.

jmort
03-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Praying for your mother, health restored and for your sister's salvation. And for a hedge of protection for you on your mission.

missionary5155
03-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Good evening and Thank you everyone. My sister wrote stating my mom improved a bit today and spoke a few words. Nurses told my sister she will probably be in the hospital a few more days but looks like the worst hours are over. Mike in Peru

Charlie Two Tracks
03-29-2013, 08:47 PM
I just saw the post and said prayers for your family. I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing better. Bless you for all that you are doing.

TXGunNut
03-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Will keep you and your family in my prayers, Mike. It must be difficult to be so far from home at times like this.

DLCTEX
03-30-2013, 09:37 PM
We will pray for them and God's blessings on you also.

missionary5155
04-02-2013, 04:51 AM
Good morning
My sister wrote and mom was able to get up and move about some. Docs removed most the tubes. If today her health level stays the same she is to be moved to a therapy center.
Thank you for praying for her health. Please continue to pray for thier spiritual condition.
Today I head up the mountains to the Yalaca Valley congregation so will have ample time to talk to our Father.
Mike in Peru
Mike in Peru

Ramar
04-02-2013, 08:12 AM
My prayers are with you and your family.
Ramar

USMC87
04-02-2013, 10:53 PM
I will hold your family up in prayer, In all of Jobs affliction He said I know my Redeemer liveth. Nobody knows who will be afflicted next, Be sober and be vigilant always watching and praying.

Olevern
04-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Mike,
just saw this and praying for you and your family.

blessings,
vern

Iowa Fox
04-06-2013, 08:55 PM
I just saw this. I hope your mom is doing much better by now. My wife was in the hospital 7 days about 6 weeks ago for pneumonia. Five days of that she was in I C. On the third day she was in I didn't know if she would make it as her oxygen level and blood pressure dropped to almost nothing. She is doing better each day now. Since then I can't believe how many people were in the hospital this winter for pneumonia. Wishing your mom the best.

missionary5155
04-07-2013, 06:17 AM
Good morning
Following up... Mom was moved to a therapy center on Thursday. She is being exercised and started again on the oxygen machine routine she was doing daily. May be returned home this week.
The real challenge is if she will come to grips with being a real Christain if she really is. Also my sister to finally come to saving faith in the Lord Jesus.
Mike in Peru

Ramar
04-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Mike,
You and I can and will pray for them, but they are in charge of their Faith; pushing and shoving can help though.
Ramar

Olevern
04-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the update;

remember /2-Peter-3-9/

... but (God) is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. ...

blessings,
vern

Wayne Smith
04-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Excellent, Mike. Answer to prayer. Now growing in Christ is the prayer.

missionary5155
04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Good morning
Thank you for your prayers for my mom. She will be 85 soon and may be released to home Friday.
Mike in Peru

missionary5155
04-12-2013, 06:01 AM
Good morning
Mom went home yesterday afternoon. Thank you for your prayers.
May her heart be looking to God. May my sister awaken to salvation.
Mike in Peru

missionary5155
05-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Good morning
Thank you everyone for your prayers for my mom.
Last doctor check Thursday shows her almost as good as the day before all this physical ailment started. I am Blessed at your kindness to lift her up before the Great Physician. He has blessed and I have the privalege to write my mom on this day.
Mike in Peru

DLCTEX
05-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Give her a happy Mother's Day from Cast Boolits. Good news for this day.

Bzcraig
05-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Mike, prayed for your mom's health and that her words and walk would line up. I know it is especially difficult with family members, but remember if it were about 'works' of any sort, it would also empty the Cross of it's meaning. I am not a 'grace only' believer, but know, at least with my family and kids, how much more difficult it is to wait for the tree to bear fruit being anxious because the 'axe is at the root.' May your sister have a face to face experience with the Savior of her soul. In Jesus Name!

bushboy
05-13-2013, 02:13 AM
Mike,
Glad to hear your Mom is doing better. Prayers still being sent for your sister.

Victor N TN
07-02-2013, 07:13 PM
I lost my Mom the 29th of July last year. It's almost been a year now. Never, NEVER pass up a chance to hug her neck and tell her you love her.