PDA

View Full Version : 311407 Mod...Lets go for it..Start here

Char-Gar
08-07-2005, 03:36 PM
OK..I can read the handwriting on the wall and it seems that the modified version of 311407 is what more folks want, so I am ready to move forward and start collecting and so forth. Here is what I need.

Maybe we will deal with 311291 or 311041 later. Let's get this deal done first.

1. I need a detailed drawing, good enough to send to Lee for the 311407M. It should run .301 on the top two (nose bands) and .314 on the rest of the bottom bands. Gas check shank for Honaday and metal should be WW. Can I please get this. and have it posted in this thread.

2. I need a contact number for Lee so I can get a current price.

I will then post the price here and those wanting one can PM me and I will send my mail address and when we have the required number we will go forth.

OK..debate over..lets move on to purchase.

45 2.1
08-07-2005, 04:18 PM
1" long with nose and first two bands @ 0.301", 0.314" on others.

David R
08-07-2005, 04:56 PM
:) No wonder why your handle is "Charger" :) I'm in. My 311466 is awesome, and this one should be as good or better in a six cylinder. Less time pouring, more time shooting!

Urny
08-07-2005, 05:39 PM
It appears we have made a decision. Count me in, just need an address, and I can get a money order off next weekend. I'll bet this will work great in my 99F.

Dutch4122
08-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Just let us know where to send the funds. Definately gonna need to get a side job now. ;)

Char-Gar
08-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Been in email contact with Lee and the charge for a custom six hole is still $50.00 each if we can order 25 or more. I don't know if that coveres shipping to me or not. I have remailed with that question. Does anybody have a phone number I can call? Anyway, the last six hole Lee that came to me from our point person cost $5.50 for priority mail. Lets round that up to $6.00 to be safe. So we are at $56.00 thus far. That has been the amount we haave collected before, so I feel safe (thusfar ) to say $56.00 should be the total cost.

If there are a few pennies left over after all of this is done, they will be donated to the castpics fund.

So if you want one or more, you can email me and I will send you my mailing address. We should have a detailed drawing up shortly. As always I won't cash any checks or money orders until we are ready to place theorder. Here is the email addy. cgraff@stx.rr.com

Char-Gar
08-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Oh yes..When you email me put 311407 somewhere in the subject line so it won't get thrown out with the trash.

Farmer
08-09-2005, 07:49 AM
E-mail is headed your way

Calamity Jake
08-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Count me in for one, post your snail mail addy, I will send a check, $56.00

Thanks in advance.

KYCaster
08-09-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm in. E-mail sent. Thanks Chargar.

Jerry

Char-Gar
08-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Thus far, I have received 10 emails requesting a mail address to send payment. A good start. Those checks/mo won't be cashed until the order is send. When the checks start to roll in I will start a zip code list. So you don't have to hunt it up, here is that email addy again.

cgraff@stx.rr.com

Char-Gar
08-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Well the count is now up to 15 of requests for an addy to send funds. 13 from the US, 1 from Canada and 1 from Finland. Things are moving.

Dutch4122
08-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Chargar-

My check for 2 of these molds will be going in the mail to you 1st thing in the morning.

Thanks again for heading this one up.

Char-Gar
08-19-2005, 08:32 PM
The money is starting to arrive and if everybody comes through, we are up to 22 molds at the time of this posting. In about a week, I will post of zip/postal codes of the funds received. Looks like we should have our 25 without too much of a stretch.

alamogunr
08-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Email on the way. I almost passed on this one. Changed my mind.
Thanks, John

Rick N Bama
08-22-2005, 05:55 AM
Do you guys think this mold will be a good one for the K31?

Rick

Buckshot
08-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Do you guys think this mold will be a good one for the K31?

Rick

............I'd think it would be. It's only an inch long so if the GC was below the caseneck it wouldn't be too far below. But besides that, surely you have another 30 cal? HEck, with the FN on this thing if you don't have one, nows the time to run out and get that M94 or M336 you've been needing!

..............Buckshot

Char-Gar
08-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Here are the zip/postal codes payments received thus far.

48415 (2)
78412 (2)
BOP IWO (Canada)

The requests for my addy to send the payment totals 27 molds thus far.
We are on our way.

Rick N Bama
08-22-2005, 08:44 PM
surely you have another 30 cal?

..............Buckshot

Believe it or not, the K31 is the only 30cal I'm loading cast for. My only other 30 is an M1 Garand and it gets the Jword thingies.

Rick

Char-Gar
08-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Here is an updated zip/postal code list of payments received. I count 20 molds. If the rest come in as promised we are not up to about 27 or so. When I get payment for 25 molds, I will issue a "last call" and give two or three weeks lead time and then place the order.

48415 (2)
BOP IWO
78412 (2)
A1E 2Y9

Rick N Bama
08-27-2005, 09:14 PM
My order was mailed out on Thursday. You should receive it Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Rick

Char-Gar
09-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Here is the latest update on the mold orders received to date (9-3-05). This brings the total to 28 molds. Let's say September 30 is the last day to receive orders. On that day, I will place the order. That will give any stragglers a chance to get in. After that date I will send you money back, unless you have made arrangments with me otherwise.

This deal is a go!!! Just add the following zip/postal codes to the above. On or about September 30, I will post a complete and final list. Thanks all

74201 (Finland)
P3L 144 (Canada)
83706 (2)

db2
09-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Chargar, money order was put in the mail today. Thanks db2.

Char-Gar
09-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Here are three more zip codes of paid orders which have arrived. This brings the total of molds to 31 with another three or four in the mail. Don't forget the cut off date of the end of this month (September)

Char-Gar
09-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Another payment arrived today..makes 32 molds

fiberoptik
09-12-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm in. So, where do I send it?

Char-Gar
09-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Fiberoptik.. send me an email at cgraff@stx.rr.com and I will give you the address

Here are two more zips for checks that arrived today. This makes 33 molds IIRC.

762cavalier
09-14-2005, 08:23 PM
been lurking here for some time but this mold interests me so I'm in. sent e-mail today. [smilie=w:

Char-Gar
09-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Todays mail brought orders for 4 more molds. That brings us up to 38 with more on the way. Here are the zips. Don't forget the dead line for the money to be in my hand is the last day of this month (September 05).

06450 (3 molds)

Char-Gar
09-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Final detail drawings are now in hand along with one more order. This makes a total of 39 molds

zip 62801

Ol'Scudder
09-16-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm in for one 311407 Mod. - e-mail sent.
Cashier's Check will be mailed 09-19.

Thanks Charger!

dmdracer
09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
I keep reading how good this boolit shoots in a 30 30 so I'll have to do my first group buy on this....email sent.

thanks
Dave

PatMarlin
09-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Payment in the mail today Chargar... Thanks.

Char-Gar
09-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Received 4 more checks today..That makes 43 molds by my count. Several orders still on the way.

David R
09-20-2005, 06:32 AM
Here are three more zip codes of paid orders which have arrived. This brings the total of molds to 31 with another three or four in the mail. Don't forget the cut off date of the end of this month (September)

If that is me, Its 14103
David

Char-Gar
09-20-2005, 06:08 PM
David..Tis you indeed..I transposed a couple of numbers

junkbug
09-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Hello Charger;

I am new to this forum, and would like to participate in this buy. I will e-mail you at the address you left.

Sean

charlie / sw mo
09-21-2005, 08:00 PM
first post here for me--how is rita going to affect you ?

charlie / sw mo

Char-Gar
09-21-2005, 09:44 PM
I am in Rita's cross hairs, but I should be OK if she follows her projected path. I may be off line due to power and cable lose for a time. If your orders are not already in the mail, hold off until I give you the go ahead. Things might get a little crazy around here for a while.

If you are praying folks pray for those folks north of me, who are going to catch holy hell from this thing.

I am going to ride it out here, but I may have to get out of my house as I am only two blocks from the water.

bart55
09-22-2005, 12:52 AM
I just emailed you for the address to send payment, I just pray that the hurricane spares you .went through one about 30 years ago .No fun

PatMarlin
09-22-2005, 01:38 AM
Chargar has to be on the road, cause I read there were mandatory evacuations in Corpus Christy.

Hang in there Bud.

Char-Gar
09-22-2005, 01:17 PM
I received two more checks today, but don't expect any more for a while as the P.O. is boarded up. What ever happened to "Neither, rain, nor snow, nor dark of night" and all that Jazz.

I ignored the Mayor and continue to be in my home. Looks like a good decision as the storm is tracking more north and east each hour. We will get a blow, but should not be that bad. I am boarded up and hunkered down with enough chow and water for a week or two if we loose power. I would like to get my hands on the guy that pissed off Mother Nature this year.

Anyway..here are the two new zips, that brings us up to 45 molds. I bet we will make it to 50 on this order. Even got an order from Grumble.

PatMarlin
09-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Chargar... my Cast Boolit Brother-

Don't you think you should error on the side of caution and get the heck out of there whilst the gettin's good? That monster could turn at the last minuet.

My checks prolly at the post office.

Give yourself a backdoor.. :wink:

Char-Gar
09-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Pat..thnks for the concern as strorm of this size is way beyond the normal. I have gone through several Cat 2 and 3 hurricanes and have had the eye of two pass over me. Properly prepared in a good building, those don't give me much of a concern.

If I thougth Rita would hit me with full fury, I would be gone in a minute.

I am a United Methodist Pastor and have responsibilities to the people of my church and the community. I am sorta like a fireman and policeman...I need to be here to help the people who stay behind, even if it is at some risk to myself. There are a number of sick, old and feeble folks I must check on as soon as this storm passes.

I am not suicidal, but I am willing to take a reasonable risk for the greater good. I spent a number of years in South America working in some of the worse slums/barrios in that part of the world. I stared death in the face several times. There were times when my chances of staying alive for the next sixty seconds were no better than a coin toss.

I don't fancy myself a brave person, I get scared just like everybody else, but there are things in this life worth dying for and thing far worse than dying. Therefore there are risks worth taking.

PatMarlin
09-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Well then I'll send up one of my super prayers for you. I've got a direct connection.. ;-)

Hang in there.

Pat

Jumptrap
09-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Pat..thnks for the concern as strorm of this size is way beyond the normal. I have gone through several Cat 2 and 3 hurricanes and have had the eye of two pass over me. Properly prepared in a good building, those don't give me much of a concern.

If I thougth Rita would hit me with full fury, I would be gone in a minute.

I am a United Methodist Pastor and have responsibilities to the people of my church and the community. I am sorta like a fireman and policeman...I need to be here to help the people who stay behind, even if it is at some risk to myself. There are a number of sick, old and feeble folks I must check on as soon as this storm passes.

I am not suicidal, but I am willing to take a reasonable risk for the greater good. I spent a number of years in South America working in some of the worse slums/barrios in that part of the world. I stared death in the face several times. There were times when my chances of staying alive for the next sixty seconds were no better than a coin toss.

I don't fancy myself a brave person, I get scared just like everybody else, but there are things in this life worth dying for and thing far worse than dying. Therefore there are risks worth taking.

well if worse comes to worse, we'll change your epitaph from Charger to Martyr.

Char-Gar
09-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Jump....The trouble with the internet is you can't see and understand the people when they speak and it is easy to miscommunicate. Your post struck me as ridicule..I don't know how you meant it..but it you meant it that way..I don't take that kindly.

Jumptrap
09-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Jump....The trouble with the internet is you can't see and understand the people when they speak and it is easy to miscommunicate. Your post struck me as ridicule..I don't know how you meant it..but it you meant it that way..I don't take that kindly.

I would say read my lips but you can't do that either.

If you are sitting in the path of catagory 5 Hurricane and feel compelled to stay there because somebody else might get killed or need you...sure sounds like martyrdom to me.

Why don't you go pick up your invalid parishoners and haul ass for high ground. Even God gave Noah directions to build the Ark and GET INSIDE for safety. Wonder how the story would have read if Noah had said, well God, I know there is a flood coming because you said so and I believe You...but I think I'll hang around just in case somebody drowns.

Thankfully Noah had better sense than that, he knew the flood was coming and he got his butt along with his wife, 3 sons and thier wives inside the ark and let the rest swim for it.

I suggest you do the same.

Char-Gar
09-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Jump..You obviously didn't read and understand the original post.

I really don't answer to you. I don't know what your problem is, but you have some kind of issue at work here and are trying to be antagonistic for some reason. The whole affair is really none of your business.

So just think what you want of me and the situation and I will return the favor in silence.

walltube
09-22-2005, 09:27 PM
I pray all the protections of the Diety be with you.

Please give us a heads up when communications are restored.

Walltube

Jumptrap
09-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Jump..You obviously didn't read and understand the original post.

I really don't answer to you. I don't know what your problem is, but you have some kind of issue at work here and are trying to be antagonistic for some reason. The whole affair is really none of your business.

So just think what you want of me and the situation and I will return the favor in silence.

No sir, you don't answer to me. We'll all stand before a Righteous Judge someday and answer for the foolish things we did here in the walk.

Not trying to be antagonistic either. But if you think you can stay behind and save anybody from drowning or injury that the Lord can't do by Himself, you seriously need to reevaluate your position here on Earth.

There is a Hurricane coming man.....a big one. You have been told to run for your life. If you want to tend to the feeble and infirm, take them with you to a place of refuge....the analogy of the Ark....maybe that slid past you. Now, you consider yourself a man of the cloth...that is good indeed. Use that head on shoulders that God planted there for something besides a hatrack. Noah was warned, you've been warned. Noah took to the Ark...you need to seek higher ground and by that I mean right here on Earth....but inland.

You don't answer to me but try to figure out what your answer will be if you choke to death on salt water and God says, Charger.....why didn't leave when I provided ample warning.....did you think I couldn't save whom I chose on MY own?

I just hate the thought of us wondering about what happened to you and possibly learning you drowned or a tree fell on you, when it is needless to do so.

David R
09-23-2005, 06:06 AM
When does this mold order go in? :)

Buckshot
09-23-2005, 07:32 AM
............Charger, Jumptrap wasn't ridiculing you. Merely a concern for your safety, and also for those you mentioned you were concerned about. Which you mentioned as the reason for staying. A person may become a martyr whether they set out to be one, or end up being one by accident.

I can understand your desire to remain. I would be hard pressed to walk away from my home for some unknown amount of time. Being I work for a national trucking company we recieve regular weather updates via our computers, as do the tractors we have on the road. Earlier today they relayed the suspected landfall map and the 3 CAT level evacuation areas. Any equipment we had in the level 3 area, or routed in that direction have been either moved out or re-routed.

You know your situation better then anyone here. Your home's construciton, your logistics and distance from the ocean and what you have seen and/or been through before. Please understand peoples' genuine concern for you, especially in the aftermath of what took place such a short time ago to residents in 3 other gulf states. I don't know what the situation is for Corpus Christi, but possibly staying is a gamble.

..............Buckshot

Char-Gar
09-23-2005, 08:46 AM
David...The order will go in about October 1, unless somebody let's me know there is a check on the way and then I will hold off until the check gets here.

Jumptrap
09-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Buckshot,

You are correct in every way.

I didn't think what I had said to Charger was so deep that it read like a parable and subject to a dozen interperatations.

Anytime you worship in a different way or refuse to accept a person's dogma, you are subject to be called a ridiculer or an anti-whatever....anti-Semite, anti-Methodist, anti-Atheist, anti-whateveryourcauseis. I think what amuses me the most is when religious beliefs become a Race issue....that's a wild card a certain group pulled out of their sleeve to validate their existence and further their terrorism. But enough of this.

I think if you told somebody.......don't stand out there in the middle of the Freeway......a truck will hit you. But they insist on doing it, they shouldn't expect any tears or condolences when their ass gets splattered across the front of a Kenworth.

Char-Gar
09-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Gentlemen...I am trying to put together a group order for a very good bullets on this thread. At this point, it looks like it is going to be a whoping sucess.

If anybody has anything they want to say to me or about me as a person, please send me a PM, email or let me know and I will give you my phone number and address if you want to knock on my door.

This is my last word on the subject...Further the affiant sayeth not!

Char-Gar
09-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Gentlemen...I am trying to put together a group order for a very good bullets on this thread. At this point, it looks like it is going to be a whoping sucess.

If anybody has anything they want to say to me or about me as a person, please send me a PM, email or let me know and I will give you my phone number and address if you want to knock on my door.

This is my last word on the subject...Further the affiant sayeth not!

big uns
09-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Chargar, Put me down for one mold. My money order went in the mail today. God be with you and all the people in Texas and Louisiana! STAY SAFE!!!

grumble
09-23-2005, 03:09 PM
Judging from the storm track and strength, it looks like you made a good call, Chargar. However, I suggest you might want to have a spare umbrella as you make your rounds. And maybe an extra pair of dry socks. Preparedness is everything, don'cha know!<GGG>

Char-Gar
09-23-2005, 03:34 PM
I was boarded up, the pickup in the garage and packed in case Rita crawled up our throats as a 4 or 5. This community could not have withstood a 4 or 5 and I would have left. There would have been nothing I could do if that were the case.

We took a head on hit from a 3 a few years back and the storm surge was ten feet and no water got out of the bay. A 4 or 5 would send water out of the bay and take the community close to the bay down to the ground.

My church is seven miles from the water and is a very, very substantial building and serves as a shelter for the folks in the neighborhood in events like this. On a three or less, I would be up there helping the local folks. We keep food stocks and have a big kitchen and I like to cook. Nothing like a mess of good Cajun Jambalaya to turn a scary time into a party.

On a curious note..every hotel and motel in Corpus is filled with people getting out of Houston. Many if not most of the local folks hit the road a couple of days ago, when the mayor call for evacuation. After Katrina and the criticism that came afterward, all politicos are deep into CYA activities, real world based or not.

I remember the days of hurricane forcasting before computors and it really was more magic than science. With these new computors loaded with a century of data, hurricane stike predictions are much more precise. There is still some slip and slide, but their actions are pretty well known.

Here in Corpus we only have about 150K folks and multiple roads in and out and don't have the evacuation traffic problems like Houston. That place was a chinese fire drill. My son got out Wednesday before the big glut of cars hit.

Those poor folks up around Port Arthur need our prayer (if we do) and our best thoughts. Our church has a pretty sophisticaed disaster response network and we will be up there helping folks pick up the pieces of their lives. That is just what we do. Depending on what happens here and how much help they have there, I may be going up there myself in a few day. We have a good network to make those calls.

grumble
09-23-2005, 03:57 PM
"...After Katrina and the criticism that came afterward, all politicos are deep into CYA activities, real world based or not. ..."

Ain't that the truth! After the criticism post-Katrina, the Feds declared an emergency without even consulting any governors. Rita will be the best-prepared-for non-event in the history of the world. Well, maybe I exaggerate a little...

I see that Gov Blanco is going to milk the Feds for anything she can get. Now she's asking for FEMA to pay for BASE SALARIES of LA State employees, and to BUY (not just lease for a finite period of time) motels and hotels to house those who would not do anything for themselves. Once again, it appears that incompetance will be richly rewarded.

btr-cj
09-23-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey Charger. I sent my check Tus.

Hope it will find you soon.

Looks like the storm is tracking more to us.(Louisiana)

Thanks,
C.J.

Char-Gar
09-23-2005, 04:13 PM
btr-cj Watch this thread for zip code posting of checks reveived. you and othe other "coonass" folks keep you heads down and you swim fins handy..but then again most folks in Lousiana have webed feet.

btr-cj
09-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Hey Charger.

Being a CoonAss, I had to Google “swim fins”. I had never heard of them. After reading the definition, I can remember seeing people from other places putting these contraptions on their feet before going into the surf on Grand Isle. The other odd thing about them was they did not have a Rod–N-Reel, Dip net, Cast Net or a flounder gig in their hands. They were not checking crap or minnow traps either. I just did not know what they were doing. Now it all makes since. Swimming!!! It just never crossed my mind that one of the major modes of transportation here in Louisiana being used for recreation.

I can see where some people would need them but that skin between our toes down here in the swamps of Louisiana is not there for better traction on sand dunes.

I’ll keep an eye out for my zip.

Thanks,

C.J.

PatMarlin
09-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Being a native Californian I know the meaning of "swim fins" but not the true meaning of "coonass"- outside remebering my Dad saying it a time or two.

btr-cj
09-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Google "Coonass".

-----
Coonass is a controversial term in the Cajun lexicon: to some Cajuns it is regarded as the supreme ethnic slur, meaning "ignorant, backwards Cajun"; to others the term is a badge of pride, much like the word Chicano is for Mexican Americans. In South Louisiana, for example, one can often see bumper stickers reading "Warning — Coonass on Board!" or "Registered Coonass" (both of which generally depict a raccoon’s backside). The word’s origin is unclear: folk etymology claims that coonass dates from World War II, when Cajun GIs serving in France were derided by native French speakers as conasse, meaning "dirty *****" or "idiot." Non-French-speaking American GIs allegedly overheard the expression, converted it to the English "coonass," and introduced the term back in the United States. There it supposedly soon caught on as a derisive term among non-Cajuns, who encountered many Cajuns in Gulf Coast oilfields. It is now known, however, that coonass predated the arrival of Cajun GIs in France during World War II, which undermines the conasse theory. Indeed, folklorist Barry Jean Ancelet has long rejected this theory, calling it "shaky linguistics at best." He has suggested that the word originated in South Louisiana, and that it derived from the belief that Cajuns frequently ate raccoons. He has also proposed that the term contains a negative racial connotation: namely, that Cajuns were "beneath" or "under" blacks (or coons, as blacks were often called by racists). Despite efforts by Cajun activists like James Domengeaux and Warren A. Perrin to stamp out the term’s use, coonass continues to circulate in South Louisiana and beyond. Its acceptability among the general public, however, tends to vary according to circumstances, and often depends on who says it and with what intention. Cajuns who dislike the term have been known to correct well-meaning outsiders who use the epithet.

-----

I have lived in Louisiana all my life and learned something from the article.
My dad had one of the bumper stickers referred to in the article.

Me? I guess it depends on how you choose to view things. As far as I am concerned it is just another name for a South Louisiana Cajun. My dad’s side of the family used the term often.

I do see a decline in it’s use.

C.J.

Char-Gar
09-24-2005, 08:14 AM
RE: Coonass----

I grew up in Cameron County Texas which had a large population of Cajun people who were involved in the shrimping industry. We even had a Cajun French radio station. Weekends saw one heck of a "fay-doo-doo" down in Port Isabel.

The term Coonass was just an interchangeable word for Cajun with no perjorative meaning. I understand at one time, the auto license plate from Lousiana had "The Coonass State" on the bottom. It was a common term used by Cajuns and non-Cajuns alike and not a slur of any kind.

I don't know where the term came from, but it was my understanding it had nothing to do with the hind quarters of a racoon.

I certainly didn't use the term as any kind of a negative, put down or slur.

Char-Gar
09-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Re Chicano:.....

My part of the world is also about 90% Mexican American and the term "Chicano" is a controversial term. It really does not express ethnisity, but is a political term. The Chicano Movement started in California and moved throughout the borderlands in the 60's. It was akin to the civil rights movement among the black folks at the same time and the Gay Pride movement of our time.

It has all but died out in Texas, but still has some hold outs in California where it has taken a pretty radical turn.

The vast majority of the Mexican AMericans disliked being called Chicanos because most never identified with the term. They still don't like the PC term "Hispanic" with most prefering Mexican American or just plain Mexican.

Along the same line, I have spent allot of time among the Navajo folks on the Big Res. They dislike being called Native Americans..The would like to be called Navajo...but Indian is better than Native American in their view.

I don't know what it is like among the other tribes.

Me...I am a Texan.

PatMarlin
09-24-2005, 09:29 AM
I remember that "Viva La Raza" Chicano stuff back in JR. highschool. What a a pain in the ****.. :roll:

floodgate
09-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Chargar:

"Re Chicano:.....

My part of the world is also about 90% Mexican American and the term "Chicano" is a controversial term. It really does not express ethnisity, but is a political term. The Chicano Movement started in California and moved throughout the borderlands in the 60's."

When I worked for the Navy as a civilian at China Lake, I got enrolled in a sensitivity class. The young Hispanic lady who led the discussions used the term "Chicano", which was then just coming into use; an old Navy Chief responded, "Hell, ma'am, Ah ain't no Chicano; Ah'm a TEXICAN". I introduced myself as, "...a Wasp from Wasp Road." (which was where I lived) and got a big laugh, and we were off to the races - so to speak. Actually, it was a very good class, we had a lot of good discussions, and - I think - all emerged the better for it.

But then I'm one of those "flaming liberal Gun Nuts."

floodgate

Char-Gar
09-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Chicanismo (Chicano Movement) as well as the Farm Workers Movement did change the social land economic landscape of South Texas. All in all, it was a positive thing and did not leave a residue of racial animas.

Texan and Tejano alike received benefit from those movements, even though both found the extemists elements distasteful.

The same can probably be said of the Black Civil Rights Movement and AIM (American Indian Movement). I guess it takes a few "radicals" to jump start social change. The American "founding Fathers" were radicals and traitors in their day.

Change of any kind is always hard and always meets resistance of some kind.

Char-Gar
09-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Our public servants are schleping the mail again today and I received checks from the following zips. This makes a total of 51 molds and there are other checks on the way.

Jumptrap
09-24-2005, 04:45 PM
I enjoy these comments and quasi discussions of local lexicon and 'slang' names attached to certain groups in society.

The origins of the words and what they have morphed into is rather amazing to say the least.

Take ****** for example: Somewhere in the south during the distant past, I am sure term Negro became localized and became Nee-gra. I have heard it myself. Now, neegra doesn't sound like an offensive term to me but a twisting of a pronounciation. Then along the line, white folks murdered the word a bit further and began to say..******. I am sure all white folks...the coarser folks in particular referred to all slaves as ******s. "There were three men and their ******s working cotton." Now after the great emancipation, folks continued to refer to blacks as ******s. Wasn't long before the black decided they wanted to distance themselves from the identity of the slave days and become to resent the term. But within their own community, they still use the term ****** to refer to rogues amongst their race. I know this as fact because I was told so by a black I worked with. His words were, "that nigga ain't no good."

I have a few Indian friends. Some use Native American as a self descriptor in order to state they are the original Americans, and that, Indians come from India. Others are proud they are an Indain, period. They make no big deal of the term.

I don't know anything about Louisiana, never been there, and know nohting of Cajuns and Coonasses....beyond what I have heard via the Internet. Seems like a local term used to desribe their pride and ethnic past. I never considered it to be anything but just a term the locals hang on themselves. Kinda funny to me.

Now, to qualify what I am saying from a personal viewpoint, I am from eastern Kentucky. We're all known as hillbillys. Hillbilly came about years ago to describe backward, ignorant hill folks who had never been exposed to much of anything...even a rudimentary education. For the most part, they couldn't read or write, they dressed in the plainest fashion...meaning bib overalls and gingham dresses (gingham cloth is cheap cotton, generally came from 50 pound flour sacks, saved for the cloth...one of the reasons it was sold that way). They were poor folks and poor folks have poor ways. They also had lots of pride. They had pride because they worked hard and were independent as a hog on ice. They did for themselves. Town folks viewed them as stupid 'briars' from back in the woods...they lived out in the country away from town and electricity, indoor plumbing and running water. They chewed 'home grown' tobacco and if they bought 'smokin' it was Golden Grain or Bugler and they rolled their own cigarettes. So, these hillbillys lived by their wits and were slow to take up with townfolk because they were used to being treated like second class citizens. The only group they could claim as their inferiors were the blacks who were universally considered the bottom of the food chain.

To folks from anywhere but here......ALL Kentuckians were considered hillbillys, and that is where the stereotype began. Typically Kentuckians were considered to have a family tree with no branches, all were inbred and illiterate, made moonshine and kept seven hound dogs tied to the front porch of their log cabin. HAR! What a crock of ********. All the women were Lil' Abner types (there's a prime example..lil' Abner cartoon) who had their tits tied up in a rag, wore short britches and went barefooted. All the men wore bib overalls with one gallus, a floppy felt hat, a scraggly beard, an axe handle through the shoulders and 3 teeth and again, no shoes. The only guns they had were muzzleloaders and the favorite food was fried possum washed down with likker from a stone jug marked XXX. Geezus, if we had been black, we would have marched on the county seat, set fire to the courthouse and formed the NAHBF..National Advancement of Hillbilly Folk. But we didn't and times changed. We live much like anybody else, have most of the amenities in our homes as found in the other 49 states, recieve good educations and work for our livlihoods. But, we're still Hillbillys and when called such, we giggle about it and say something like.... 'damn right!'. Now, if I were to waltz into some establishment of haute cuisine in NYC and some high brow ******* was to look down his hook nose and refer to me as 'some hill-billy', I'd probably resort to my roots and jack his jaw for him......it's all in the conitation of whose doing the talking. That's why blacks call each other ****** and think nothing of it, but let somebody else say it and they get a case of the ass real quick.

So, all you coonasses, take it from a hillbilly, I know where you're coming from.

StarMetal
09-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Jump

.....and then we have Hillbillys and Stumpjumpers from Kentucky, West Virginia, and Tennessee.

Joe

waksupi
09-24-2005, 11:06 PM
...and the good ol' boys hid back in the mountains here, are called Jack Pine savages...

bart55
09-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Charger I wil have the money in the mail monday morning Bart

Char-Gar
09-26-2005, 01:52 PM
two more checks arrived today..makes a total of 57 molds and several checks still on the way. Looks like we will make 60..

Buckshot
09-26-2005, 08:46 PM
.............Just proves there are some smart folks around :D

..............Buckshot

PatMarlin
09-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Hmmm... wondering why you have not recieved mine yet?

I sent it the same time I sent one to Willbird, and he got it already.

Char-Gar
09-27-2005, 07:14 AM
Pat..PM me with you real name and zip code and I will double check.

Char-Gar
09-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Here are some more zips. We are now up to 61. If somebody wants to buy 39 more we can get the dealer price :-).

89460 (2)

btr-cj
09-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Well I am starting to get worried. I sent my check last Tuesday. I am thinking it should have gotten to you by now even with the storm delay.

I have seen commitment lists with a 1-2 on them. Is this someone who is on the fence as to how many they want or is it they want one at the regular price and 2 if we get to 100?

If so I guess I should have said 1-2. I would be willing to buy an extra mould to help push it over the 100 mark.

C.J.

Char-Gar
09-28-2005, 09:01 AM
BTR...Not time to get concerned yet. Two weeks ago I send a document to an address 120 miles away Overnight Express at a charge of $13.75. It took five days to get there!

I really done know what you mean about the 1-2. I checked back over the thread and didn't find that. If the persons wants more than one mold, I put the number in parans (2) or (3).

It really is just a joke about getting to 100 molds. I don't expect that to happen and it would be a PITA trying to figure out the new price and refund some of the money to all of the buyers. I would rather pay retail than have to do that at this point in the process.

You might PM me your name and zip code so if it doesn't show up in a couple of days, I can check back through the stack to see if it is there. Being human, I could has failed to put the zip on this thread, but I seriously doubt it. I have been careful in doing that. I have made a couple of typos, but I have not failed to list a check that has arrived.

PatMarlin
09-28-2005, 09:56 AM
What is the "Dealer" price?

Char-Gar
09-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Here is another zip for a check that arrived today..This makes 62 molds

grumble
09-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Here is another zip for a check that arrived today..This makes 62 molds

62, huh? I do believe that's a record for this outfit!

Oldfeller
09-28-2005, 07:55 PM
It's a record for six holer molds, for sure.

Hold off a bit and let it build past 100 then it would be a real record buster (plus some extra discount savings would come into play at the 100 mark to make it more appealing to everybody).

The record for a total number of the same single cavity custom cut mold ordered in a single run is 106 single cavs.

Record for same source, ordering our custom cut molds over time (or over any given period of time) would have to go to Midsouth as #1 and then to Midway as #2 when accounting for the resellers of our custom cut molds.

An order of 100 six cav molds could be brokered through Midsouth who would be able to give us all the LEE discounts plus maybe a little extra (and would certainly list the mold for public ordering if that was desired).

Oldfeller

Char-Gar
09-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Guys...I don't think I am going to delay the order waiting for the magic 100 number. I will close this out and send the order as soon after Oct. 1 as all the checks in process come in. I do this for a couple of reasons.

1. The guys forked over their money for the molds and I want to get their molds too them as soon as possible.

2. It might take a number of months before we could get to the 100 number if ever.

3. I am facing some potential health issues and I want to get this done ASAP in case I may not be able to do it later. I don't want to pass a half done deal off to somebody else.

PatMarlin
09-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Record for same source, ordering our custom cut molds over time (or over any given period of time) would have to go to Midsouth as #1 and then to Midway as #2 when accounting for the resellers of our custom cut molds.

Oldfeller

Oldfeller- are you saying other companies have re-ordered and re-sold castboolit designs?

Char-Gar
09-29-2005, 05:41 PM
I talked with Lee today about their custom mold pricing. They say that with 100 molds you get dealers price. Lee told me today you don't get dealers price regardless of how many custom molds you order, unless you are a dealer. How is that for word games?

grumble
09-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Chargar, I think they will give 'dealer status' to a C&R FFL, though. Their recent price hike was due to us Shooters guys messing up their production schedules, especially by those who made numerous phone calls to them.

I think if we had a hundred molds on order by someone with a C&R, we'd get the dealer price. But, I agree with you, the finances and logistics of getting to that century mark just ain't worth it. I vote we stick to the origional plan, and leave tomorrow as the cutoff for any more orders.

Char-Gar
09-29-2005, 07:01 PM
I know there are at least 4 more checks in the mail. When they are in I will post the zips and pull the plug unless somebody tells me there is yet another in the mail. I will deposit the checks and wait a week for any to clear and then have the bank cut a cashiers check to send to Lee.

I will keep a Master list of name, addys and number of molds and type of check, amount and number. I will make copies of all checks before they are cashed. I will also keep the original envelops and letters until all molds have been delivered and confirmed.

I don't want anything to fall through the cracks and if anybody calls me on the carpet for whatever, I want to have documentation.

mike in co
09-29-2005, 08:13 PM
i'm in ,a bunch late , but i'm in.
thought this was closed way back when....
mike

njmj
09-30-2005, 06:30 AM
Charger, Finally got the M.O. in the mail yesterday. It's on its' way. Thanks, NJMJ

PatMarlin
09-30-2005, 11:01 AM
I enjoy these comments and quasi discussions of local lexicon and 'slang' names attached to certain groups in society.

The origins of the words and what they have morphed into is rather amazing to say the least....

So, all you coonasses, take it from a hillbilly, I know where you're coming from.

HeeHee... I don't know how I missed that post Jumptrap... that is classic!! [smilie=l:

I'm what you'd call a california wanabe hillibilly in training.. :mrgreen:

You Kentucky folk ever hear of the last name Kazee? My late fishing partner was a WW2 vet, and from those hills you speak of. I never ever met a man that could hunt and fish like he could. The nicest person you would ever want to meet, but if a man crossed him in a wrong way- he wouldn't hestitate to wipe the floor with him in his younger days. His wife called him "a lover and a fighter".

He was my father in every way but blood, and died way to young. I miss him, and if he knew where I live now, in the mountains- he would have moved in, and would have been very welcome. Charles "Chuck" Kazee.

Jumptrap
09-30-2005, 11:58 AM
HeeHee... I don't know how I missed that post Jumptrap... that is classic!! [smilie=l:

I'm what you'd call a california wanabe hillibilly in training.. :mrgreen:

You Kentucky folk ever hear of the last name Kazee? My late fishing partner was a WW2 vet, and from those hills you speak of. I never ever met a man that could hunt and fish like he could. The nicest person you would ever want to meet, but if a man crossed him in a wrong way- he wouldn't hestitate to wipe the floor with him in his younger days. His wife called him "a lover and a fighter".

He was my father in every way but blood, and died way to young. I miss him, and if he knew where I live now, in the mountains- he would have moved in, and would have been very welcome. Charles "Chuck" Kazee.

Pat,

Your post made me think of a pal of mine who was killed in a car wreck maybe 20 years ago. His name was Jim Kazee....we all called him KRA-zee...he was a hoot. You couldn't help but like him, full of ****! Then there was old man...forget his first name, but his last was Kazee and I think he was some kin to my dead friend. This old man was the last of the mountain gunsmiths I knew of. Our pal Waksupi would have been right there at his place. This old man had a tar paper shed out behind his house...which was just a larger version...and in that shed, he worked on muzzleloaders. I remember him 'freshening out' an original Leman rifle for my dad....close to 40 years ago. Everything he did was by hand..he had files and forge and a bunch of handtools that probably were originals from the 1800's. He still used a hand cranked drill press! Both of these Kazee's I knew came from Boyd County..out on Straight Creek. I live in Greenup County.

Your description of the kind of man your friend was, is typical of the breed. Give you the shirt off their back, but cross'em and they'd clean your clock. That older generation were tough nuts, after they had you down they wouldn't stop, they'd kick your brains out because they didn't plan on you gettin' back up. Made no difference who it was either, treat the own brother that way.

PatMarlin
10-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Chuck may well have been a relative of your friend Jumptrap, it's not a common last name. It's such a small world. Heck- I even ran into people I knew when I was in Europe.

I'm gonna dig up a picture of him, and see if you recognise any resemblance. I don't know what county he was from.

Brought back memories for me too. We used to tie one on together once in awhile, and he used to say... "Shut the door cause we're gonna do some drinkin'... No one's gettin in, and no one's gettin' out!" :mrgreen:

Damn I miss that turkey. :hijack:

PatMarlin
10-01-2005, 09:32 AM
:hijack: I'm gonna further Hijack this thread...
cause after all- it's just a group buy.. :mrgreen:

Chuck and I used to live in a mobile home park on the American River in Sacramento. We each had our own homemade boat dock and could fish every day. Rent was $125 including utilities!

We fished together also, but always had a competition going on. I had found a new hole, one night and caught a nice 20lb striper (striped bass). Well Chuck used to have clients you could say, mostly elderly poor folk that he would sell fish to for a dollar a pound, that would never have been able to buy fish from the store.

Anyways I don't like stripers so I gave it to him to sell. In the mean time, he had gone out to my fishing hole in the middle of the night and the EMT's found him the next morning slumped over with 2 pole lines in the water. He had a fish on each, and they had to reel em' in... :)

Chuck would never owe a nickle to anyone. He always paid his way right now.. cash. I was with his wife and some family that day, and we talked a little about fishing, and looked in the freezers, and that's when I remembered the 20lb striper I gave him. It wasn't there. We figured Chuck had sold it.

Well this meant Chuck had checked out still owing me $20 bucks.

That day was hard, and I was upset and pretty much not all there. I'm drivin' down the road and I glance at the fuel.. damn- almost out! I then realized I didn't have any money on me for gas.

I pull into the bank- walk up to the side ATM, and there setting in the machine tray... in plain site that anyone coulda seen... was a fresh $20 dollar bill.

Thanks Chuck... ;-)

Char-Gar
10-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Two more checks/MOs have arrived. This makes 64...several more still on their way.

Buckshot
10-02-2005, 08:27 AM
.........I'm sure Charger didn't mind and rememberances like those are a sort of immortality. Besides, it warms you up a bit inside, and that's not a bad thing however you look at it.

Keep those checks rolling in folks. Charger is gonna make friends at the local USPS as he posts out a pickup load of boxes!

............Buckshot

Char-Gar
10-03-2005, 04:17 PM
OK..Here are seven more molds and zips. This brings us up to 71 molds. There should be one or two more on the way.

If your zip is not in this batch and a check was sent recently, let me know by post, email or PM, so I will know what I am waiting for.

yes..I have saved all the emails, but there are well over 100 and I don't feel like wading through them all, comparing them to what I have..just too much damn work! This thing turned out bigger than I signed up for..but I will see it through.

fiberoptik
10-03-2005, 08:31 PM
I remember mailing you a check, but don't see my zip. 48602. I'm in there, ain't I? It's hard being on 3 GB's @ a time, it gets confusing.....

David R
10-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Charger...........You Da MAN!

Char-Gar
10-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Fiberoptik...Zip 48602 is listed on post 34 (9-20) of this thread. If you want to make certain, PM or email me your real name and address and I will double check.

Char-Gar
10-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Here are the zips of the last two orders I was waiting on. Next week I will put together the mailing labels which will constitute my master list and then deposit the checks. I will wait about a week to see if any clinkers show up and then send the order to Lee. One that master list is made and checks deposited I will send any others back. So You have maybe five or six days for a check to arrive. If you have no done so then don't bother unless you send it some kind of high dollar quicky quick way.

IIRC this makes 73 molds.