PDA

View Full Version : Coupons for Cast Boolits

scottiemom
03-28-2013, 08:00 PM
With the economy as it is and finances the way they are, I try whatever I can to make ends meet- just like most everyone else I know. One thing I do is cut coupons. Jim goes every Sunday to get me 4 papers. I cut the coupons out that we use and I pass the rest on to a couple of friends who also coupon. Between coupons and my stores MVP card, I can usually save about 30% on my grocery bill. My best deal was last month when I got $200 worth of groceries for $80, mostly meat! This was done by matching sales, manager specials with my coupons. I was so excited!!

That being said, I was wondering if you guys would be willing to send me the coupons from the Sunday papers? Each bunch of coupons in the papers are different, depending on where one lives. This would give me a wider variety of coupons and in some cases, a higher value of coupon.

I would be willing to pay your postage and also 25% of what I save using the coupons, I would donate to the forum. Jim said he would even post a picture of the receipt in this thread to document the savings.

Let me stress - I am not one of those crazy extreme couponers you see on TV- you know the ones that wipe the grocery shelves clean or that buy 200 bottles of juice just because they can get it free! Just trying to provide for my family as best I can.

If you are willing to help, just PM me or Jim for the mailing address. Thanks!

TJF1
03-28-2013, 08:20 PM
My grand dauther is a couponer also
i have to save the coupons for her
terry

S&W-629
03-28-2013, 08:25 PM
If my GF gets any that she is not using I will send them your way

dbosman
03-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Talk to the place that sells the papers. There are usually left over papers and quite often left over coupon/Sunday funnies packs.

A local store, that sold papers, had the night cashiers clipping coupons. Until they got turned in to the coupon clearing house. It wasn't me.

khmer6
03-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Around here they sell Sunday newspaper on Monday still for coupons. Rest of the days what the store doesn't sell the distributor will pick it up and pay them for what's left

runfiverun
03-28-2013, 10:30 PM
you guy's are missing the point of janet's post.

she wants to gather useful coupons.
and then donate a portion of the savings to the sight.
I really think it is a very creative way to raise some cash.

btroj
03-28-2013, 10:36 PM
I think it is a good way to help both Jim and Janet and the site.

Great idea Janet. I will see what my wife does with what is left after she clips what she wants.

scottiemom
03-29-2013, 05:27 PM
thanks guys - any help appreciated. I did contact the newspaper office in town as well as the quick-stop and grocery stores. the local paper is not allowed to give away their leftover coupon inserts so they just get thrown away (corporate policy apparently - what a waste!) and the other stores get rid of the Sunday papers o'dark early on Monday mornings so no leftovers there. I would buy more papers but at $2 a paper, I start losing my cost to benefit ratio!

snuffy
03-30-2013, 12:56 PM
The problem I see is are my stores in my area just local stores, or are they the same across the nation? Shopko, aldi's, Copps, Festival, Pick & save? Coupons from them are good here, but on the east coast?

I don't do the coupon thing. Why? Because most of the "specials" are for things I don't use. Saving money on something I don't like is dumb.

Janet, if you'd list the stores that you shop at, I'll look in tomorrows paper for some that you may be able to use.

WILCO
03-30-2013, 01:18 PM
http://www.coupons.com/

Sweetpea
03-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Janet, I don't know if you can get your paper delivered, but where I am at, you can pay a small fee to get extra papers delivered on Sunday only.