PDA

View Full Version : New Lyman T-Mag II

LarryM
08-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Been getting busy with my New T-Mag. Cranked out my first 100 rounds of .45 ACP tonight.:-D

Still deciding how I want to do it but I think I have a "method". I decap and flare the case mouth in one go around. I clean primer pockets and then seat primer with a Lee Auto prime. Next I have my powder measure set up on the turret (consistent throw verified and periodically checked), I charge a case, visually check the charge, seat boolit and then crimp with Lee factory crimp die. with like cases I am getting consistent OAL and cranked out a hundred rounds from primed cases in less than an hour. I know that isn't all that great compared to a progressive but it was my first go with this press and I'm still working on a "rhythm".:Fire: :Fire:

Would be faster if I didn't need to wipe lube (supermoly) off the round after the crimp step but oh well. still a big step up from a the single stage operation. :castmine:

klw
08-29-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm a rather big fan of this press. I use to collect turret presses and I think that this is the best. Have 50 heads for mine.