PDA

View Full Version : Need a Part Made

Sliver Shooter
03-26-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm putting togeather a pneumatic derimmer and need to have a part made for the cylinder ram. The ram is threaded on the end with 3/4' x 16 threads x 1" long. I need a 3" piece of shaft (1 1/8") that I can screw on the ram and have a 1/2" threaded hole (fine/course ?) on the other end to hold my punch. Does anyone know where a guy can get this made?

Wayne Smith
03-26-2013, 02:45 PM
The Perfesser, or however he spells it, or Buckshot. Either should be able to do it with adequate drawings.

theperfessor
03-26-2013, 03:53 PM
I can probably help, but Buckshot does good work also. Doesn't sound too difficult, what would it need to be made from? I have steel and Al rod in a suitable size.

Sliver Shooter
03-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Heres a drawing of the part with dimenssions.
A short piece like that shouldn't need to be that tough. It,s like the ram on a loading press only short. It would screw on the cylinder ram and be tight and the other end would hold the punch to push 22lr cases thru the derimmer. It takes some pressure to do this. I'm not sure what force my cylinder has it is a 3 1/4" x 2" pneumatic. Maybe Dukeinmaine could shine some light on the type steel needed. I'll PM him.

theperfessor
03-28-2013, 11:13 AM
I have some 4140 pre-hardened stock that would work fine. I'll throw out a bid of labor and material of $12 + $6 for small flat rate shipping. If you can get a better deal no problem, that's the way things work. I have to cover my time. This is a nice little item for a school vocational shop to make, any nearby?

Sliver Shooter
03-29-2013, 09:17 AM
SOFMatchStaff I believe is making one for me. Thank you for the offers. You guys are all wonerful Americans