PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!Which one do I go for?

no34570
08-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Hi Fellas
I did a post about "2 new Leveractions coming to go into my gunsafe"post not long ago and in it I said that I have to wait for my 444 in the blued version:???:
Which could be up to another 6 months away,I hope not
Well,I had a phone call today from the gun dealer I'm going through and he said that he can get me a Marlin 444 right now a 444XLR for only $150 more.

Now I like the look of the XLR,but I also like the look of the blued version which is what I intended to go for,also the gun dealer reckons the distributor has a shipment coming soon from Marlin and hopefully the blued version will be in with that shipment,apparently the distributor ordered a fair few rifles this time ????:confused:

So I need some help,what do you think should I go for the XLR or wait for the blued version that I had originally ordered ?I don't know,I don't know,they are both nice,please fellas what do you think of both versions(I think I did ask this once before,sorry[smilie=1: )
All suggestions and recommendations will be cheerfully received
Thanks
no34570

lar45
08-23-2007, 12:41 AM
If you plan on takeing it hunting where it could get damp or wet, then the XLR Stainless would be my choice.

no34570
08-23-2007, 04:24 AM
If you plan on takeing it hunting where it could get damp or wet, then the XLR Stainless would be my choice.

lar45
Thats just it even if it does get wet,I'll dismantle it and dry it and re-oil it when I get home and if I'm away from home for a few days,I always take a mini gun smithing kit with me,with oils and patches cleaning gear,all the works and jerks[smilie=1: .

I think I've already made up mind,I'll wait for the blued version to come
Sorry guys for the panic,I just thought I might miss out on a 444 thats all[smilie=1:
Thanks
no34570

charger 1
08-23-2007, 05:07 AM

I would pick my stainless sako in 300 wthby when the shot is so far I'm like the gunman on the grassy knowl, but when I'm sluggin brush where the whitetail jump up and for that millisecond are trying to decide if they have gathered enough info to bolt I stick with blued and for lube not to rust I coat it with lee alox and let it dry to a dull finish. Glare is down, rust is down and varsol takes it off later

NVcurmudgeon
08-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Look like you have already made up your mind. I never regretted waiting for what I really wanted, but settling..........

no34570
08-23-2007, 06:51 PM
I would pick my stainless sako in 300 wthby when the shot is so far I'm like the gunman on the grassy knowl, but when I'm sluggin brush where the whitetail jump up and for that millisecond are trying to decide if they have gathered enough info to bolt I stick with blued and for lube not to rust I coat it with lee alox and let it dry to a dull finish. Glare is down, rust is down and varsol takes it off later

Charger
Thanks for that tip,it is a good one and I'll try that.
I've decided to go with the blued version,the original plan,I don't know I got in tiss thinking if I don't make up my mind I won't get my 444,silly!:roll:
Cheers
no34570

no34570
08-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Look like you have already made up your mind. I never regretted waiting for what I really wanted, but settling..........

Yep,it does look like it[smilie=1:
I think I was all ways going to go with the blued version,or that's not what I would have ordered in the first place,it just took me a couple of hours to chew it over,so to speak:-D
Thanks
no34570