PDA

View Full Version : Something for the new caster

FLHTC
03-25-2013, 12:23 PM
For one of you that are new to casting, i have an NRA publication that was written by Col. E. H. Harrison and is simply titled," Cast Bullets ". It covers lubes, checks, moulds, alloys and many different subjects pertaining to bullet casting. Im looking for a new caster thats also a new member. I don't have time to sift through PM's so be a new member and just starting to cast and its your's. Perhaps after its done with, it can be passed onto another new member. Post if you qualify.

psychicrhino
03-25-2013, 12:33 PM
It is very generous of you to offer. Someone will get good service from that.

TenTea
03-25-2013, 12:35 PM
ETA - **retracted based on this "sticky statement":

would be appreciated by someone that simply could not afford it

I am gainfully employed and therefore don't qualify.

Thanks for the kind gesture!

cbrick
03-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Wow, generous doesn't come close to describing that offer.

That is a very sought after and very hard to come by book. Many have tried to get the NRA to do a reprint and so far they haven't.

Someone will be extremely fortunate.

Rick

thekidd76
03-25-2013, 11:04 PM
For those of us who as TenTea put it are "gainfully employed" yet would still love to have access to the information contained within this book, I found this link. Don't know how long it's been up, or how long it may be going forward, but you can pull up this page and then save the pdf to your machine. Some pages may not be the best quality, but definitely legible. Hope this helps.

http://www.castpics.net/subsite2/ClassicWorks/CastBullets-s.pdf

And here's supplement #1.

http://www.castpics.net/subsite2/ClassicWorks/CastBullets-s.pdf

sparkz
03-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Hi my son and I need a good book about casting, we started about 6 weeks ago and are new to csat and brass so if its still out there please let us know

Patrick

FLHTC
03-26-2013, 06:25 AM
Hi my son and I need a good book about casting, we started about 6 weeks ago and are new to csat and brass so if its still out there please let us know

Patrick

Sure, pm me your address and ill get it in the mail. Enjoy

Epd230
03-26-2013, 08:57 AM
thekidd76

Thanks! I too am gainfully empoyed and didnt want to take this offer from a more needy caster. The PDF copy will suffice until I can locate a hard copy for my library.

1Shirt
03-26-2013, 09:01 AM
It is good that we have people like this on this forum!
1Shirt!

TenTea
03-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Hey, this all worked out well!

Book to a good home and .pdf's for the rest of us...thanks everyone!

:guntootsmiley:

searcher4851
03-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Thank you for posting the link for the PDF, and thanks to the OP for even making me aware of the book.

Guardian
03-26-2013, 06:48 PM
I greatly appreciate the link! I'm still trying to figure out how to get started. Thanks to all for sharing your wealth of information.