PDA

View Full Version : inconsistent/crooked seating GC

DeadWoodDan
03-25-2013, 10:03 AM
I noticed while lubing/seating GC some would not seat uniform. I could easily inspect the gap from top of GC to where the profile changes on the shank of boolit. This is actually the first time using this boolit. I culled any out when casted that did not have nice sharp profile of the boolit.

RCBS Lubasizer
.311" sizer die
Gator GC's
311165 NOE boolit dropping at .311-.312"
for got what lube, but was purchased from Vendor on here....its kind of light pink color

ALSO something i have never questioned after a dozen i start to have a build up of lube on the top of die. I usually just scrape it off. Is this normal? How can i prevent?

Also with the above happening i am getting lube on bottom of GC. Will this have any effect on performance as i'm sure some powder will stick to the lube?

thanks
DWD

Swede44mag
03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
I had the problem with lube on the top of the die/bottom of the boolit the depth needs to be adjusted so it is not forcing lube under the boolit.

I made a new rod for the center of the die that came closer to the top of the sizeing die.
The way it came from the factory I would put the gas check on pull the handle down to size the boolit grab the boolit to take it off and the gas check
would be stuck in the die and not on the boolit. This was with Lyman sizing die and Hornady Gas checks.

As far as crooked seating GC If the top punch is pushing down square to the boolit and the boolit is sitting square in the die and the gas checks
are the right thickness and diameter for the shank of the boolit they should seat square.

Hope this helps.